Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beezer34

attendance..

83 posts in this topic

today was absolutely a made up sellout - probably 16k in the building.

Today looked like any other game so far this year except for the Lightning game. The building has been packed and its nice to see. Obviously the Devils and many teams fudge the numbers but today wasnt bad at all.

Today looked like any other game so far this year except for the Lightning game. The building has been packed and its nice to see.

I'm not so sure the Devils don't sellout the Tampa Bay game also, had it not been for people prepping for the nor'eastern. "Winter-Storm-Nemo" got grossly exaggerated by many folks living in NJ.. and the game itself still drew nearly 15,000 notwithstanding.

Edited by Beezer34

They should only count the real sellouts. You know... Like those sellouts MSG always has.

MSG is always sold out because 60% of their base is corporate purchases.  Even if the suits don't show up, the tickets are still technically SOLD.

MSG is always sold out because 60% of their base is corporate purchases.  Even if the suits don't show up, the tickets are still technically SOLD.

I love how downstairs at the garden there are about 15% blueshirts and 85% suits.

I'm not so sure the Devils don't sellout the Tampa Bay game also, had it not been for people prepping for the nor'eastern. "Winter-Storm-Nemo" got grossly exaggerated by many folks living in NJ.. and the game itself still drew nearly 15,000 notwithstanding.

I was at that game and I couldn't believe that it wasn't a sell out. It looked like one from where I was sitting. Even the lowers were packed.

I was at that game and I couldn't believe that it wasn't a sell out. It looked like one from where I was sitting. Even the lowers were packed.

Its those upper 200 corners that weren't sold out, everything else was pretty full that game

MSG is always sold out because 60% of their base is corporate purchases. Even if the suits don't show up, the tickets are still technically SOLD.

That's the point I was making. "Attendance" is actually "tickets sold" so we don't know how close numbers are to the actual announces attendance.

. I was at the Tampa game too, I was shocked when they didn't announce a sell-out. It looked like there were more people at that game than were there yesterday.