NJDEVS1730

GDT 2/16/13: NJ Devils @ NY Islanders

178 posts in this topic

I agree that the Salvador penalty was a dumbass penalty to take and also that tallinder is just for awful but you can't blame just the two of the. For being in a hole. Game could have been 3-0 much sooner. Moose bailed them out for a while. Shame cause I thought the first period was pretty good

I don't see how we're getting outplayed in either period, we'd had our chances in both and the game has been very even. If you take out the 2-3 minutes that we got scored on, we've played a fairly good game. So, this is on Salvador for taking the shovel from the Islanders and digging our hole deeper during a time where our team needed to rally and get one back. It wasn't some soft call that came as a result of him playing tough defense or shutting someone down. He tried to start a fight with no one around, the puck 90 feet away, and the refs clearly looking at him. We're not Philly, that's unacceptable, and we get further shaken up after the goal that comes as a result..

I agree that the Salvador penalty was a dumbass penalty to take and also that tallinder is just for awful but you can't blame just the two of the. For being in a hole. Game could have been 3-0 much sooner. Moose bailed them out for a while. Shame cause I thought the first period was pretty good

It could've been worse, but it wasn't. Isles start the take the momentum with a goal and before the Devils even get a chance to respond, the CAPTAIN OF THE TEAM takes an inexcusable and completely avoidable penalty that gives the Islanders whatever momentum they didn't already have. Game is on him right now, period.

It could've been worse, but it wasn't. Isles start the take the momentum with a goal and before the Devils even get a chance to respond, the CAPTAIN OF THE TEAM takes an inexcusable and completely avoidable penalty that gives the Islanders whatever momentum they didn't already have. Game is on him right now, period.

Agree completely. He didn't even give his team a chance to fight back and that's inexcusable. Last time I checked, Janssen is in the AHL right now, no need for that garbage..

I don't see how we're getting outplayed in either period, we'd had our chances in both and the game has been very even. If you take out the 2-3 minutes that we got scored on, we've played a fairly good game. So, this is on Salvador for taking the shovel from the Islanders and digging our hole deeper during a time where our team needed to rally and get one back. It wasn't some soft call that came as a result of him playing tough defense or shutting someone down. He tried to start a fight with no one around, the puck 90 feet away, and the refs clearly looking at him. We're not Philly, that's unacceptable, and we get further shaken up after the goal that comes as a result..

They were getting skated into the ground for the entire second period.   The Isles cherrypicking screws them over more often than not, but today they ran us into the ground chasing them.

Edited by maxpower

That was a freakin' missile.

Considering all that's gone wrong in this game... I'm blaming the tie.  Yes, that one.  Burn it and buy a pink one - counter intuitive - trust me.

OH Son of ^#@&*@#%^*(  Zidlicky saves that dang blue tie.... 

Should be 5 on 3 right now.

WTF Chico? "Good call then from the official cause I did not see that."

Come on. Same crap that happened down the other end and didn't get called.

All game Devils being dragged down on net mouth scrambles.

So now it's Tavares's turn to look like Superman against us....

He's an elite player. He looks like that on many nights.

Another loss and another "sky is falling" reaction from this forum.

Status quo

Devils mostly have shut down Crosby and Malkin.

JT owns this team, however.

The Islanders are so puzzling. They'll lose for 2 weeks straight but then play the Penguins or the Devils and win by 4-5 goals. Their inconsistency is frustrating and confusing as hell..