KinKaid called up

SterioDesign

Slightly on topic but what does everyone think about trading for Ben Bishop either at the deadline or in the off season? I really like how he's looked lately and he's huge. Ottawa paid a 2nd for him and apparently that's what they'd be asking for him but I think we might be able to pair a d prospect and a 3rd for him. Urbom and 3rd for Bishop?

Slightly on topic but what does everyone think about trading for Ben Bishop either at the deadline or in the off season? I really like how he's looked lately and he's huge. Ottawa paid a 2nd for him and apparently that's what they'd be asking for him but I think we might be able to pair a d prospect and a 3rd for him. Urbom and 3rd for Bishop?

If the hype dies down (without him flaming out); maybe?

I'd rather give our guys a shot before going for someone else.

If the hype dies down (without him flaming out); maybe?

I'd rather give our guys a shot before going for someone else.

I think he'd be nice to have during the transition of Brodeur and Hedberg leaving and Kinky and Wedge coming up. Gives Wedge a few more years to get there and he and Kinky can split the season.

It's Kinkaid, guys, with two k's. Not "Kinkaid ". And I find this a little bit surprising. I would think that if they're just calling somebody up to ride the pine until Marty's ready, it would be Frazee, so Kinkaid could take all the starts in Albany. But maybe they think hanging out around the NHLers would be good for him, and they probably don't really care about Frazee anymore. Obviously I don't want Brodeur to be out long since he was playing well, but I wouldn't mind seeing Kinkaid get a start, just to see how he handled it.

I doubt we trade for Bishop. Ottawa just traded for him and they must know Anderson isn't a real answer. Devils also aren't about to trade for a giant set of pads either. There was discussion about this in the GM's to discuss pad size thread where I hypothesized that Lou isn't a fan of the big padded Euro goalies due to the fact that we don't really have any signed. In the pics posted in that thread of our G prospects, Kinkaid, Wedgewood, Frazee and Clermont, it looks like the biggest padded goalie we have is Clermont, but even still, we have all NA goalies, Hedberg excluded, though he doesn't have oversized pads either.

My guess is that we managed to collect more small padded goalies than most other teams and I seriously doubt this is coincidence.

It's Kinkaid, guys, with two k's. Not "Kinkaid ". And I find this a little bit surprising. I would think that if they're just calling somebody up to ride the pine until Marty's ready, it would be Frazee, so Kinkaid could take all the starts in Albany. But maybe they think hanging out around the NHLers would be good for him, and they probably don't really care about Frazee anymore. Obviously I don't want Brodeur to be out long since he was playing well, but I wouldn't mind seeing Kinkaid get a start, just to see how he handled it.

Kinkaid got called up last year.  There are several reasons to call him up instead of Frazee - one, as a reward for being the starter in Albany (he'll get a few extra thousand dollars from this).  Two, who cares about him missing a weekend of Albany games - they don't play until Friday.  Three, Albany has to call a goalie up, which will almost certainly be Wedgewood and they can get a look at him there, which they've probably wanted to do.

Frazee's unlikely to remain in the organization past this year.

Kinkaid got called up last year.  There are several reasons to call him up instead of Frazee - one, as a reward for being the starter in Albany (he'll get a few extra thousand dollars from this).  Two, who cares about him missing a weekend of Albany games - they don't play until Friday.  Three, Albany has to call a goalie up, which will almost certainly be Wedgewood and they can get a look at him there, which they've probably wanted to do.

Frazee's unlikely to remain in the organization past this year.

I hadn't considered the money/reward side of it, that does make sense. 

If Moose plays poorly again tomorrow i'd like to see Kinky play on Saturday, gotta see what our youngsters are capable of some time and I think this is a good opportunity to see what he's got at this stage of his development.

Also with Kinky being a Devils fan growing up, i'd like him to become our future starter, that way he'd be unlikely to leave ;)

The last time we played a goalie not named Brodeur or Hedberg was a game in St Louis in 10-11. What was his name? Mike McKenna? I think I recall them talking about how he was from St Louis during the broadcast.

Either way, I'd like to see what he's got if we go down by a few and the game is lost or better yet, we're up by 5 in the 3rd and there's no way he could blow it at that point, lol.

Edited by ATLL765