Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SterioDesign

KinKaid called up

27 posts in this topic

Yeah McKenna played really well though I remember, we lost 3-2 but the game winner we got screwed by the refs, Mack had the puck covered for a good 5-10 seconds and they just let the Blues keep poking at it until it eventually came loose and then they just put it in. McKenna played a very solid game though, so maybe if the situation permits it, we should throw our AHL guys some some games, they wouldn't be signed to NHL contracts if they had no shot of playing here so why not give them a shot if we have injuries?

Where is McKenna now? I don't think he is still in our system? I remember him but I don't remember how he came to be on the roster since I don't recall him being a draftee or even signed by us. It's almost like he sprouted from a seed in a crack in the sidewalk.

Where is McKenna now? I don't think he is still in our system? I remember him but I don't remember how he came to be on the roster since I don't recall him being a draftee or even signed by us. It's almost like he sprouted from a seed in a crack in the sidewalk.

NHL.com says he's in the Blues org now, playing in the AHL. He was selected by Nashville, round 6 #172 overall 2002 NHL Entry Draft. I think it's safe to say he's a career minor leaguer at this point. He had signed with NJ in 2009 as a UFA, I assume on a 2 way deal, which is why none of us noticed it as we all likely thought it was an AHL signing, which it was.