Devils recall Sestito

ZeroGravityFat

A friend of mine paints murals and etc, he said he's painting a picture of Sestito over either Stevens or Daneyko on the wall inside the Rock in the next few days !

Speaking of that, the mural behind section 10 to 12 going down the esclator with Parise, White, Langs, Martin and Gionta are all on it and none of them are around anymore. Id like to see that painted over with more current devils

Is there a chance that tostito is being packaged with JJ and they are hoping he has a good showing ????

Hmmmmm!

I reaching here!, I have no idea why you bring up a player who is worthless, makes little senses!!!

Sestito is worthless in a package. He is being brought up to play 4th line center because Carter isn't ready to come back and they want JJ to have more time in the AHL. He'll be back in Albany soon.

Sestito is worthless in a package. He is being brought up to play 4th line center because Carter isn't ready to come back and they want JJ to have more time in the AHL. He'll be back in Albany soon.

THANK YOU DAN!  I've held it in enough even... I NEVER read TG but I did while the board was down  (I was dyin'!) so I have to ask: what gives guys?  How do you not get what's going on?  For all the reading of TG you all supposedly do, didn't anyone kind of see all of these little moves announced? 

Lou said he was doing it ALL pretty much.  Read below - first thing that JUMPS SCREAMING OUT at you: a goalie is getting called up. Kinkaid was the first dude called up last year - we can all guess as to why it's him not someone you all think shows more promise.  For me it was self-evident Kinkaid was getting the call after reading this on Monday but we don't need to be rude about it. 

Then yesterday when sistito was called up - clearly Carter may well not be ready.  and it's sistito gettign the call.. for the same reason it's Kinkaid - again we don't need to be all derisive about it, but common sense dictates, what with where Albany is in their season and where all these guys are in their development.  No need to get derisive -- because you never know when someone is going to Stephen gionta it, and earn a spot in the NHL for a season or two.  I think it's awesome and I love the way lou runs his ship.  Sistito - he's the guy from Rome NY right?  Well -- for some reason I like him.  I was sad when he left, glad when he came back ... and yes - I just HATE to watch him screw up  <_<  and yeah, he does.  but he's a big guy and he's been up in the big leagues and he's an interchangable cog that won't hurt or help for a game or two (as per 731 - thank you!).  

Just the venting and stuff here finally got to me.  I get it though -- I mean - you all know all this, but still need to vent because we need something and interchangable AHL cogs doesn't seem to fit the bill.  but that's (some permanent fix to the teams woes) not what Lou needs or wants just now for either Jersey or Albany - and I understand his reasoning perfectly.

From TG Feb 25th:

Center Jacob Josefson was returned to Albany of the AHL today after being called up for and playing in Sunday’s 4-2 loss to Winnipeg. Josefson was called up to play Sunday after left wing Stefan Matteau was “a little banged up” in Saturday’s 5-1 loss in Washington.

Lamoriello said Matteau is fine now and the move to send down Josefson was made to leave a roster spot open in case they need it and to let Josefson get more playing time in Albany.

The Devils would need a roster spot to activate Carter from injured reserve. He is eligible to come off at any time because he has already sat out for a week.

(The Devils did not need to create a roster spot to call up a third goalie because the collective bargaining agreement allows a goalie to be recalled under emergency conditions twice a season if there is an injury.) 

“We’re keeping the open the spot just in case we bring in someone for practice and because of the unknown about Carter’s situation,” Lamoriello said. “So, we’re just prepared for everything. We can always get Jacob back if we have to or somebody else from Albany.”

Lamoriello said they want Josefson to ““Just play, get a lot of minutes and just get his confidence back. He’s got to play. He was used to playing a lot. There’s no

question he was our best player in Albany and he’s just got to play.”

- See more at:  http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice#sthash.MoAqxrCE.dpuf

So now... do you all think Keith Kinkaid was named after Keith Partridge - you know, since Reuben was kind of old annoying and ugly.  I loved Reuben.  he was my favorite.  OK -- just getting things back to normal :)

Edited by Pepperkorn

We traded Foster, Palmieri, some other guy and a 2nd for Zid. If that's not a pile of sh&#33;t, I don't know what is.

Maybe Barch is banged up a little more from that fight with Peluso than we thought. Or maybe Lou is preventing an inevitable rematch with Peluso because he believes we need Barch for the rest of the regular season. As we all know Cam is not an acceptable choice. I also don't know how many stitches he took, but the freshies may have got him out of the line up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Those are all way more valuable than Sestito.

True, not by a lot, but my point was more that we've traded crap for real players before. I wouldn't put it past Lou to get something out a player who we see as having no value. I'm not saying he's gonna make a Tally trade work for a 2nd liner, but we got a pick out of PL3, so I'm sure we could turn him, Tally and a late rd pick into something of value. Maybe a 2nd rd pick or a 3rd line kind of guy?

Am I the only person who doesn't hate Sestito?

Of course not! Sestito's got family, right? A mom or a dad? Maybe a sister? How about a dog? A fish? I guess we could ask them.

"Yes, you ARE the ONLY person who doesn't hate Tim Sestito.

Sincerely,

Tim Sestito's Mom, Dad, Sister, Dog, and Fish"

Of course not! Sestito's got family, right? A mom or a dad? Maybe a sister? How about a dog? A fish? I guess we could ask them.

"Yes, you ARE the ONLY person who doesn't hate Tim Sestito.

Sincerely,

Tim Sestito's Mom, Dad, Sister, Dog, and Fish"

No one hates Sestito, we just hate that our team gives him a roster spot occasionally.