Butler claimed by Nashville.

UnderDogX

Didn't expect that to happen, he's already passed through twice.  While I thought Butler was not good during his time here (and wow did that 2nd PP unit need overhauling), NJ will once again have just about no one to call up if they lose a winger.  Maybe they will get in touch with Sykora's people after all.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bad news is... he was playing on our PP... which means he'll be replaced by an even worst player

Have a feeling poni will replace him. For some reason poni wasn't getting PP time.

And poni is someone I would have put on that unit over butler, so I don't think that's much of a problem. This hurts more in the depth department.

Edited by njd3b1ink

bad news is... he was playing on our PP... which means he'll be replaced by an even worst player

He was already replaced by Loktionov on the PP on the Devils' final PP chance.  That's the one where the second unit actually got shots on goal.  Honestly, the 2nd unit was beyond atrocious.

Bobby Butler played 25 minutes of 5 on 4 time and the Devils averaged 13.0 shots per 60 minutes.  That's close to half of what they average at 5 on 5.

Edited by Triumph

He was already replaced by Loktionov on the PP on the Devils' final PP chance.  That's the one where the second unit actually got shots on goal.  Honestly, the 2nd unit was beyond atrocious.

Bobby Butler played 25 minutes of 5 on 4 time and the Devils averaged 13.0 shots per 60 minutes.  That's close to half of what they average at 5 on 5.

ah good point thats right. Man am i excited about Lokti so far.

so who's our half-boards shooter on the PP?

Loktionov.  PP functions the same as the first unit does with Loktionov sliding up in the umbrella when called for, just like Elias does.  Who needs a half-boards shooter when he's as bad as Bobby Butler was. 

Loktionov.  PP functions the same as the first unit does with Loktionov sliding up in the umbrella when called for, just like Elias does.  Who needs a half-boards shooter when he's as bad as Bobby Butler was. 

yeah we look for quarterbacks not shooters, but it would be nice to have a real sniper AND QB. 

Puck movement is probably more important on a PP than having a sniper. Just saying.

no arguement, but eventually someone needs to shoot and there are plenty of goals scored from the half boards spot across the NHL each year on the PP. it would be a nice luxury to have.  especially with all these butterfly goalies, you need to buzz it by their face masks top corner

Has anyone seen Gomez play on the Sharks? 

Halfshark!!  On paper it's not looking like he's had any epiphany... but it could just be a mark of rebuilding his psyche. So If i dont read anythign I'll PM you halfshark  :evil:

Any thoughts are welcome.

YES -- I AM  :rant:  I'm a Gomez fan. 

:(

I just saw what he's capable of and .. I just feel bad about the way things turned out.  I can't help but think "hey you know who'd be great..."  then I remember he's not the same guy...

some of you never thought he was that guy -- but he was, so ha!  <_<  he's old now too.  How weird is that?

Has anyone seen Gomez play on the Sharks? 

Halfshark!!  On paper it's not looking like he's had any epiphany... but it could just be a mark of rebuilding his psyche. So If i dont read anythign I'll PM you halfshark  :evil:

Any thoughts are welcome.

YES -- I AM  :rant:  I'm a Gomez fan. 

:(

I just saw what he's capable of and .. I just feel bad about the way things turned out.  I can't help but think "hey you know who'd be great..."  then I remember he's not the same guy...

some of you never thought he was that guy -- but he was, so ha!  <_<  he's old now too.  How weird is that?

14 games 27 shots ZERO GOALs and a minus 4, bring him in!!! he'll fit in perfectly! :giggle:

I admire unconditional love! :wub:  

(is he on a checking line?)