Rats schedule format

Fidgetess

Here's an oddity about the schedule matrix that has the AHL board I hang out on in a major uproar:

This year's matrix is almost exactly the same as last year's. The only difference is that the Rats "traded" 4 games against Manitoba to Wilkes-Barre for 4 games against Toronto. Other than that, all 28 teams are playing the exact same number of games against the exact same opponents that they did last year.

I noticed our format was pretty similar to last years, but I didn't know the entire league was the same! I don't like that, I like the rivalries, but I would like to see some of the far western teams without having to travel to another city. I'm not terribly upset by this, but I can see why others are ticked.

• 3 weeks later...
Any one know when the schelude is comming out?

Should be soon. Lets go Phantoms! :D

Yeah and keep on going Phantoms.

Everyone tells me I should root for the Rats. But they way I see it 1hr to Philly is a lot closer than 3hrs to Albany. I did make it up to Albany once last year but that was because the Phantoms were playing them. Which made the game even better. Phantoms won that game and I got to buy all the Rats stuff I needed and Ian MacNeil(from the Phatoms) gave me the puck that was used for the last couple plays of the game but that was because I was the only one there with a Phantoms jersey on. So I got an official game used Rats puck. That trip was def. worth the 6hrs of driving.

Edited by NJDEVILICEONFIRE

Oct. 15th is the home opener for the rats which is the same night the devils open.(maybe)

I am upset about that because if there is a NHL season I wanted to go to the Devils home opener.

Oct. 15th is the home opener for the rats which is the same night the devils open.(maybe)

I am upset about that because if there is a NHL season I wanted to go to the Devils home opener.

lol and I was going to try to go to the Rats home opener but it was the devils opening night, if theres no season ill probably go

I can say personally if there's no NHL I think I'll be going to Albany monthly on weekend.. hey do the Rats play on my birthday (Dec 13) since the Devils almost NEVER do for some reason....

I can say personally if there's no NHL I think I'll be going to Albany monthly on weekend.. hey do the Rats play on my birthday (Dec 13) since the Devils almost NEVER do for some reason....

Hey more Devils fans here the better I would love to see alot of Devils fans here. And our schedule has not come out yet so I do not know about Dec 13th. If I were to say right now I would say no because the AHL really tries to keep games for Wednesday nights and Fridays Saturdays and Sundays. The 13th is on a Monday.

Hey more Devils fans here the better I would love to see alot of Devils fans here. And our schedule has not come out yet so I do not know about Dec 13th. If I were to say right now I would say no because the AHL really tries to keep games for Wednesday nights and Fridays Saturdays and Sundays. The 13th is on a Monday.

The only time the Rats play on Monday is either a holiday (like President's day) or if they're playing the St. John's M. Leafs in St. John's, or if a game is cancelled and moved. So basically, there won't be a game on the 13th. Sowwie :(

But think of it this way....they NEVER play on my birthday (Aug. 18)!

Edited by Fidgetess