2013 Miami Dolphins Thread

Daniel

..either Ross is just saying all the right things to keep up public perception at a respectable level.. or he is so disgusted with the shame in all of this, that there will be a clean sweep after this season. If he's texting Martin, then there seems to be some level of legitimacy to his concerns.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9959235

"Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross texted Jonathan Martin offering his support through the Richie Incognito controversy. Ross texted Martin expressing that he is committed to creating a professional environment for all members of his organization. Ross also has spoke to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell about the mess in Miami, as well as with other league officials. The NFL's independent investigator, Ted Wells, is expected to begin his diligence with the Dolphins officials, who potentially had pertinent knowledge of the situation."

Ireland's done.. no question about it. The fact that he was made aware and did nothing is enough of a smoking gun.. but the response in what his suggested resolution was, that's the final nail in the coffin. Philbin is on borrowed time too imo. He had to have known this was taking place, and if he tries to throw other coaches under the bus in an attempt to save his own neck, it's going to look even worse. Coaches talk to eachother constantly. If one coach knew, they all knew. Moreover, if you're a Dolphins fan.. why would you even want him to come back for a 3rd year? The guys done nothing.

His departure may be addition by subtraction.

Yeah both were problems but i rather a martin over a incognito. Players said they wouldn't want an incognito on there team.

Martin was awful on the field, and got benched.  Incognito was always overrated in my mind, but he's a better football player.  The rest of the team is supporting Incognito, and Martin's story seems to get flimsier by the day.

..either Ross is just saying all the right things to keep up public perception at a respectable level.. or he is so disgusted with the shame in all of this, that there will be a clean sweep after this season. If he's texting Martin, then there seems to be some level of legitimacy to his concerns.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9959235

"Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross texted Jonathan Martin offering his support through the Richie Incognito controversy. Ross texted Martin expressing that he is committed to creating a professional environment for all members of his organization. Ross also has spoke to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell about the mess in Miami, as well as with other league officials. The NFL's independent investigator, Ted Wells, is expected to begin his diligence with the Dolphins officials, who potentially had pertinent knowledge of the situation."

Ireland's done.. no question about it. The fact that he was made aware and did nothing is enough of a smoking gun.. but the response in what his suggested resolution was, that's the final nail in the coffin. Philbin is on borrowed time too imo. He had to have known this was taking place, and if he tries to throw other coaches under the bus in an attempt to save his own neck, it's going to look even worse. Coaches talk to eachother constantly. If one coach knew, they all knew. Moreover, if you're a Dolphins fan.. why would you even want him to come back for a 3rd year? The guys done nothing.

His departure may be addition by subtraction.

I think it's the former.  I think he's waiting to see how the season goes.  If the team makes the playoffs, even if Martin's story holds up more than I think it will, Ireland will stay.  If they don't though, Ireland's definitely gone, but probably would have been without the scandal.

I think Ross is otherwise in CYA mode re the Martin allegations.  Again, Ireland was "made aware" basically after the fact.  If Ross wants to be fair to all sides, it shouldn't play into whether Ireland stays or goes. 

Also, FWIW, Icognito went on the air and gave an interview.  Martin is giving a prepared video statement, even though, if he did a sitdown interview, he'd likely face the most softball questions imaginable. Something really stinks here.

Martin was awful on the field, and got benched. Incognito was always overrated in my mind, but he's a better football player. The rest of the team is supporting Incognito, and Martin's story seems to get flimsier by the day.

The team is supporting Incognito because they fear him.

I think the Fins are cleaning house regardless of how they finish

The team is supporting Incognito because they fear him.

I think the Fins are cleaning house regardless of how they finish

No one else on the team fears him.  And even if they did, it's clear to everyone that he isn't coming back, so there are no reprisals to face.  

If the team makes the playoffs, maybe Ireland still goes.  He's expendable.  No way Philbin would.   

Based on the interviews I have seen, I have no doubt that Incognito intimidated his teammates in Miami.

It was interesting to hear the former GM of the Rams comment on the Incognito interview and his insincerity. Didn't realize the Rams got rid of him too because of his conduct.

If I was a player and Martin sued the NFL over this I could never embrace him as a teammate.....or frankly a man....this is NOT how a grown adult handles this kinda stuff....especially one of this guy's size....

plus the garbage this guy is gonna hear in the trenches now....he gonna sue the defensive players on the other team too???

(and yes Incognito is a lunatic.....always has been)

I don't think Martin is coming back to the NFL. If he does it will be an under the radar type of transaction. Would not be surprised if he goes to Indy. But I don't see him starting.

Impossible...at this point the second he signs anywhere, the media swarms it......

The whole thing needs to be torn apart. Tannehill needs to be benched, and released, but he won't considering his daddy is the offensive coordinator.

The entire coaching staff ought to be embarassed.

Edit.. That botched pass to Wallace tells you all you need to know about Tannehill. I fail to see how anyone could defend this joke of a QB at this point.

He's Josh Freeman bad, and probably worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Daniel

Losing to an 0-8 team. This loss falls squarely on Tannehill, yet again. Misses a wide open Wallace. Can't score a touchdown when given the ball on the 11 yard line.

The sad thing is, we're stuck with this joke for at least another year.

It's hardly just Tannehill...your running game had 13 carries for 0 yards. Your D allowed 150 yards rushing to a bunch of third-string backs.

The D gave up 20 points and got zinged by an awful pass interference call.

Tannehill was given several gifts against the worst team in football and couldn't top that.

It's a QB league as they say, and ours can't win squat.

In fairness to Tanny, his O-line was/still is terrible. No QB can perform with this problem. There is no running game and his receivers suck. Wallace is a One trick pony.

The O-line was good enough tonight, and it was good enough against Buffalo. It was also probably good enough against NE, but I couldn't watch that game.

The running game is no good because defenses don't fear the passing game.

And Tannehill would make a receiving corps that consists of Megatron, Jerry Rice and Randy Moss look like crap.

Did we watch the same game tonight Daniel? RT threw nearly 30 completions, for 220+.. and 2 TD passes. His only interception came on a hail-mary, otherwise no other picks, fumbles or turnovers whatsoever.

I'll give you the fact that his numbers weren't star-studded, but again.. THE GUY HAS ABSOLUTELY NO OFFENSIVE LINE! They ran for 2 yards the entire game! Who\Where did Tannehill get help from tonight??

The Dolphins are headed for a full rebuild. The GM and HC will be gone (and the Cowher to Miami rumors will ratchet up)

Tannehill may be part of it, he may not be. I think it's 50/50 at this point.

They need new backs, a tight end, and a full offensive line retooling top to bottom.

The defensive line is pretty darn good but you wonder how long they sustain since guys like Starks, Solail, and Wake have some age on them. Wake will be 32 in January.

Did we watch the same game tonight Daniel? RT threw nearly 30 completions, for 220+.. and 2 TD passes. His only interception came on a hail-mary, otherwise no other picks, fumbles or turnovers whatsoever.

I'll give you the fact that his numbers weren't star-studded, but again.. THE GUY HAS ABSOLUTELY NO OFFENSIVE LINE! They ran for 2 yards the entire game! WhoWhere did Tannehill get help from tonight??

He missed a wide open Mike Wallace, and couldn't put it in the end zone when given the ball on Tampa's 11. He could have easily thrown a couple of more picks had the Bucs not dropped the ball.

Bottom line is that he was given every opportunity to win a game against the worst team in football. He couldn't do it. And if you can't do that, what are you doing here.

With some people though, Tannehill can't get blamed for anything. They just have to believe that he's a franchise QB. And I get it. Despite my rantings, I actually feel a little optimism at the beginnigng of each game that he's finally going to show us something, and prove the a Skip Bayless's of the world wrong. Even when he manages to win a game, it's done in a style that's about as impressive as Gus Frerotte.

Yet another wasted Miami season. Hopefully they can at least play spoiler to the Jets when I go to the game at MetLife. And if Matt Moore's the QB, they just might manage to do that.

The Dolphins are headed for a full rebuild. The GM and HC will be gone (and the Cowher to Miami rumors will ratchet up)

Tannehill may be part of it, he may not be. I think it's 50/50 at this point.

They need new backs, a tight end, and a full offensive line retooling top to bottom.

The defensive line is pretty darn good but you wonder how long they sustain since guys like Starks, Solail, and Wake have some age on them. Wake will be 32 in January.

I doubt Cowher or any established coach takes the job. We'll probably end up with Wade Phillips.