2013 Miami Dolphins Thread

Daniel

Lmfao, Daniel with the typical Tannehill hate. Hey Daniel, how about your thoughts on the deal Tannehill made with Iran this weekend? I know most of the world's upset about it, just wanted to hear your thoughts.

He gave away the farm.  He also stole my puppy, and trashed my house.

In all seriousness though (at least seriousness for a thread about a football team) the Dolphins better destroy the Jets next week, especially if Geno's starting.  The Jets secondary is absolute garbage at this point, and garbage by AFC East standards, at that.  If EJ Manuel can pick apart the Jets defense, our supposedly good QB ought to be able to.

At the very least, lets establish that the Dolphins aren't that bad. 

Edited by Daniel

So far as Philbin, he's a big meh.  He's not Tony Sporano bad, but he's not in the same league as the "good" coaches, of whom I include Andy Reid, John Fox, Marvin Lewis, Jeff Fisher or even a guy like Jack Del Rio that did a lot with some very average Jacksonville teams.  I would probably give him one more year without a slew of devastating injuries to see if he can make the playoffs. 

What will be interesting to see if Ross eventually hires Shanahan.  According to one report that's out there, he wanted to draft Tannehill instead of RGIII, albeit, in part because he would not have had to trade up to draft Tannehill. 

So far as Philbin, he's a big meh. He's not Tony Sporano bad, but he's not in the same league as the "good" coaches, of whom I include Andy Reid, John Fox, Marvin Lewis, Jeff Fisher or even a guy like Jack Del Rio that did a lot with some very average Jacksonville teams. I would probably give him one more year without a slew of devastating injuries to see if he can make the playoffs.

What will be interesting to see if Ross eventually hires Shanahan. According to one report that's out there, he wanted to draft Tannehill instead of RGIII, albeit, in part because he would not have had to trade up to draft Tannehill.

I agree with you on Philbin. He's very 'meh' to me. The fact that this team constantly comes out in the beginning of games and second halves unprepared is a HUGE black mark on Philbin and his staff imo. I'm still torn about bringing him back next year. It all depends on how these last 5 games go really.

I agree with you on Philbin. He's very 'meh' to me. The fact that this team constantly comes out in the beginning of games and second halves unprepared is a HUGE black mark on Philbin and his staff imo. I'm still torn about bringing him back next year. It all depends on how these last 5 games go really.

I'd keep him around for at least another year unless there's some kind of huge disaster for the remainder of this year.  I don't think there's any hot commodity coach out there, like a John Harbaugh or Chip Kelly, that advances the ball all that much.  And as much as he drives me crazy, Tannehill is at least the guy for another year.  Give Philbin, and Sherman, for that matter, another year to finish what they started.   

EDIT:  A lot of people also seem to be calling for Gruden.  If you want to see Tannehill (or Tanny-Hill) as the QB though, Gruden is probably not your guy.  Seems to me Gruden does not like him all that much.

Edited by Daniel

I'd keep him around for at least another year unless there's some kind of huge disaster for the remainder of this year. I don't think there's any hot commodity coach out there, like a John Harbaugh or Chip Kelly, that advances the ball all that much. And as much as he drives me crazy, Tannehill is at least the guy for another year. Give Philbin, and Sherman, for that matter, another year to finish what they started.

EDIT: A lot of people also seem to be calling for Gruden. If you want to see Tannehill (or Tanny-Hill) as the QB though, Gruden is probably not your guy. Seems to me Gruden does not like him all that much.

I'm not a big Shanahan guy (particularly because of the fact that there's built-in nepotism with his son as the OC, and we have enough of that with Sherman and his son-in-law, Zac Taylor as the QB coach), but I'd be curious to see what he may be able to do with Tannehill. I think Tannehill would be a good fit in Shanahan's offense. I think its a foregone conclusion Shanahan is out in Washington, but I have a gut feeling Philbin will probably be back no matter what because the moron owner loves him.

I'm not a big Shanahan guy (particularly because of the fact that there's built-in nepotism with his son as the OC, and we have enough of that with Sherman and his son-in-law, Zac Taylor as the QB coach), but I'd be curious to see what he may be able to do with Tannehill. I think Tannehill would be a good fit in Shanahan's offense. I think its a foregone conclusion Shanahan is out in Washington, but I have a gut feeling Philbin will probably be back no matter what because the moron owner loves him.

I don't see Ross as being in love with Philbin. The most he did was give Philbin a vote of confidence during the Martin garbage. And considering how much of a joke Martin is, I have no problem with that.

You don't become a billionaire by being attached to substandard employees that are "nice" guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't see Philbin surviving this Martin/Incognito debacle (even though this is more on the O-Line coach if you ask me...)

Personal feeling....you don't want Shanahan.....though he would draft you a gem RB (and then stop using him once he had 90-some yards each game :P ).....look at the HORRIBLE job they did with Griffin in Season Two.....

Evidently, Wells is interviewing Jake Long, and there's some indication that he'll be interviewing people at Stanford, perhaps Luck and Harbaugh.  The word with Long is that he would be the guy that would tell Incognito that he was taking things too far.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/24/ted-wells-will-talk-to-jake-long-possibly-folks-at-stanford/

And Maddog, did you end up getting a ticket for the game on Sunday?  Everyone's going to be in section 323.  I checked stubhub and the tix available there are a bit pricey, but maybe check in closer to Sunday to see if the price falls.  Everyone had a blast last year, so I highly recommend it. Same for all other Phin fans here.

I promise to mute my Tannehilll hatred if anyone decides to come.

And Maddog, did you end up getting a ticket for the game on Sunday? Everyone's going to be in section 323. I checked stubhub and the tix available there are a bit pricey, but maybe check in closer to Sunday to see if the price falls. Everyone had a blast last year, so I highly recommend it. Same for all other Phin fans here.

I promise to mute my Tannehilll hatred if anyone decides to come.

Nah, decided its too big a game. They always lose when I go, so I stay home and watch the must-win type games on TV. I'm serious, I haven't seen this team win a game in-person since 2003. I even turned down tickets to the 2008 Pennington division-clincher because I was afraid they'd lose if I showed up. We all ended up happier in the end for that lol.

Nah, decided its too big a game. They always lose when I go, so I stay home and watch the must-win type games on TV. I'm serious, I haven't seen this team win a game in-person since 2003. I even turned down tickets to the 2008 Pennington division-clincher because I was afraid they'd lose if I showed up. We all ended up happier in the end for that lol.

Good that you're taking one for the team. 

I'll admit that I'm tempting fate.  It's been win one, lose one for me thus far.  Marino fake spike game, followed by Monday night debacle, followed by pre-Sandy game last year.  Not quite a trend, but a little dicey.

EDIT:  To be clear, I mean it's win one/lose one in East Rutherford.  There was a two game losing streak from the Monday night game to the home game two years ago against Houston.

Edited by Daniel

Good that you're taking one for the team.

I'll admit that I'm tempting fate. It's been win one, lose one for me thus far. Marino fake spike game, followed by Monday night debacle, followed by pre-Sandy game last year. Not quite a trend, but a little dicey.

EDIT: To be clear, I mean it's win one/lose one in East Rutherford. There was a two game losing streak from the Monday night game to the home game two years ago against Houston.

I'm on an epic in-person losing streak, dating back to the 2004 game against the Jets on Monday Night Football. Then I saw them lose to the Jets again in 05, Buffalo (in Miami) in 06, Jets again in 07, Oakland in 07 (in Miami), Indy Monday Night home opener in 09, Jets Sunday Night home opener in 2010, and the famous Gator Day debacle against Denver in 2011, which is the last game I attended in person. Its ridiculous at this point lol.

Big win for the Dolphins indeed.  Next three weeks are toughies:  @Pitt, vs NE, @Buff. 

If you can win two out of three of those, you'll be in great shape (depening.  I think the Jets are now going to lose out the rest of the year...the QB situation has killed them. 

All depends on Baltimore...they look like they could run the table.

Big win for the Dolphins indeed. Next three weeks are toughies: @Pitt, vs NE, @Buff.

If you can win two out of three of those, you'll be in great shape (depening. I think the Jets are now going to lose out the rest of the year...the QB situation has killed them.

All depends on Baltimore...they look like they could run the table.

I hope Baltimore wins that division- we have the tie-breaker over Cincinnati, but not the Ravens.

Nice game by Tannehill.

Who the hell are you and what did you do with Daniel?

Something about this tells me you must have been really really drunk

Nope, not really, although you wouldn't have wanted me to be driving. Just got virtually no sleep the night before. Was running on adrenaline, caffeine and beer the entire game, but then just zonked out when we got to the bus home, which took about and hour and half to get back into Manhattan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD