2013 Miami Dolphins Thread

Daniel

In the short-term, 2014 is going to be a very rough season for Miami. You can't lose 4/5 of your offensive line in one offseason, and think you're going to be fine the following year.

In the long-term, Miami will benefit from bleeding out the cancer. Pouncey & Incognito are not the type of guys you want around young players.

In the short-term, 2014 is going to be a very rough season for Miami. You can't lose 4/5 of your offensive line in one offseason, and think you're going to be fine the following year.

In the long-term, Miami will benefit from bleeding out the cancer. Pouncey & Incognito are not the type of guys you want around young players.

The O-line was terrible to begin with. In any event Pouncey isn't going anywhere. Jerry is easily replaceable. Incognito left when the o-line improved slightly.

Remember when the story broke and the whole thing was supposed to fall apart? Well eventually it did, but not because of "bullying".

The Phins may very well be a crap team next year. It just won't be because of this. And I guarantee you, half the players in the league are happy that it wasn't them that got caught.

In the end, as much as a lawyer will want to think it, an NFL lockerroom is not like any other work place. That is why absolutely no one on the Dolphins, even those that didn't have a dog in the fight like Hartline refused to take Martin's side.

I really hope that Ross says thank you very much Mr. Wells, we'll take it from here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/02/14/3935096/miami-dolphins-incognito-pouncey.html

"Pouncey and Turner lied outright to Wells and his staff when pressed about details that others had corroborated. That could be the most damaging fact for Pouncey. The NFL has no tolerance for players or coaches who aren’t truthful with league investigators, as evidenced by the suspensions levied against the Saints in their bounty scandal."

Pouncey's gone Dan.. either by the hand of Ross, or a lengthly suspension by Goodell so long, that it won't even pay for Pouncey to suit up at all. He's battling multiple issues here beyond just the anti-gay slurs, and harassment charges. He lied throughout the investigation. That's grounds of a coverup, and there's no chance in hell Ross will provide a safe-harbor for MP in the face of Judge Roger.

Edit: NFL Network's Paul Burmeister even said how a Pouncey decision could be imminent within the next 24 hours.

Edited by Beezer34

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/02/14/3935096/miami-dolphins-incognito-pouncey.html

"Pouncey and Turner lied outright to Wells and his staff when pressed about details that others had corroborated. That could be the most damaging fact for Pouncey. The NFL has no tolerance for players or coaches who aren’t truthful with league investigators, as evidenced by the suspensions levied against the Saints in their bounty scandal."

Pouncey's gone Dan.. either by the hand of Ross, or a lengthly suspension by Goodell so long, that it won't even pay for Pouncey to suit up at all. He's battling multiple issues here beyond just the anti-gay slurs, and harassment charges. He lied throughout the investigation. That's grounds of a coverup, and there's no chance in hell Ross will provide a safe-harbor for MP in the face of Judge Roger.

Edit: NFL Network's Paul Burmeister even said how a Pouncey decision could be imminent within the next 24 hours.

The big "lie" that Pouncey supposedly told was not knowing anything about comments about Martin's sister. Not exactly Watergate. Turner claimed not to have any recollection about a blow up doll.

As I've always said, the press has a narrative. You can tell from the article about the Christmas "physical attack" on Martin that this writer is playing up, but which the Wells report actually said was much ado about nothing.

You're right ough that I didn't consider what Goodel might do. So he ultimately might force Ross's hand.

The fact that Pouncey is connected to Aaron Hernandez and illegal guns won't help is case in the Court of Goodell either.

That's true.

My guess is that Ross will probably realize, after talking with Hickey, that Pouncey is too good to cut bait on, especially since the oline otherwise stinks. So I think they'll leave the discipline to Goodell, and just put it behind them. In a way, Ross is playing with house money. Everyone expects him to tear it all down. Might as well see what you have, and give Philbin another chance. It was an 8-8 team, which is not awful. And you might have something in your QB especially if the coordinator is as good as people think.

The Hernandez stuff doesn't help, but you can only go so far on guilt by association.

Obvious lack of leadership down in MIA.

Their leadership isn't any better or worse than your average team. The problem is that they had an overly sensitive and slimed player in Martin that caused it to get this far. Notice how the other supposedly "bullied"player was quick to dispute the Wells report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Head coach Joe Philbin was not aware of what was going on, but that the offensive line coaches were aware of the situation. In assessing this, I'm not entirely sure what would be worse: Philbin being in the dark, or Philbin covering up the situation.

Whatever Philbin did or did not know, this entire scenario shows a jaw-dropping lack of leadership. It shows a lack of leadership from the coaching staff, and it shows a lack of leadership within the players themselves. I understand the idea that a coach will remain outside the loop on certain things, and let players police themselves. The problem is that this involved the exact of players self-policing.

Head coach Joe Philbin was not aware of what was going on, but that the offensive line coaches were aware of the situation. In assessing this, I'm not entirely sure what would be worse: Philbin being in the dark, or Philbin covering up the situation.

Whatever Philbin did or did not know, this entire scenario shows a jaw-dropping lack of leadership. It shows a lack of leadership from the coaching staff, and it shows a lack of leadership within the players themselves. I understand the idea that a coach will remain outside the loop on certain things, and let players police themselves. The problem is that this involved the exact of players self-policing.

Oye vey, he basically didn't realize that Martin was a gigantic pansy. He wasn't monitoring people's text messages. And again, buried at the bottom of every story is one of the supposed victims saying he didn't think any of it was a big deal.

It's more certain that Pete Carroll is aware that half of his team is roided up, and that he ran one of the most corrupt college programs in the country. But he's a smiley faced guy, so he's someone we should hold up as an example of character. Puhleeze.

Their leadership isn't any better or worse than your average team. The problem is that they had an overly sensitive and slimed player in Martin that caused it to get this far. Notice how the other supposedly "bullied"player was quick to dispute the Wells report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You seem like a smart guy..but are you fvcking serious?!?!? "Their leadership isn't any better or worse than your average team."

I can almost guarantee that it was the worst in the NFL. I hate that people are saying that. Richie is the leader of the offense and maybe the captain of the entire offense because Tanny was only a first and second year QB who probably didn't feel comfortable to step in and tell Richie to shut the fvck up. Incognito is as big of a meathead you'll ever see with any leadership role.

This stuff dos not happen in other NFL locker rooms anywhere close to this extent.

The other player to dispute it did so because he is collateral damage. He had his name dragged in to this when he is just trying to make an NFL team and follow his dream. He's willing to suck it up because he is no longer on the Dolphins and near Richie's abuse and probably had a really nice time in Carolina under Jordan Gross and Ryan Kalil, two great veteran lineman), where he was free from insults. He might even be able to handle it better, but it doesn't make it right.

Daniel, not sure why you want to diminish this. Because it happened on your favourite team? Who gives a crap. Richie is a fvcking idiot. He was a horrible leader. What happened was awful. Everyone part of it should be gone. No need to lessen it.

Edited by devilsrule33

You seem like a smart guy..but are you fvcking serious?!?!? "Their leadership isn't any better or worse than your average team."

I can almost guarantee that it was the worst in the NFL. I hate that people are saying that. Richie is the leader of the offense and maybe the captain of the entire offense because Tanny was only a first and second year QB who probably didn't feel comfortable to step in and tell Richie to shut the fvck up. Incognito is as big of a meathead you'll ever see with any leadership role.

This stuff dos not happen in other NFL locker rooms anywhere close to this extent.

The other player to dispute it did so because he is collateral damage. He had his name dragged in to this when he is just trying to make an NFL team and follow his dream. He's willing to suck it up because he is no longer on the Dolphins and near Richie's abuse and probably had a really nice time in Carolina under Jordan Gross and Ryan Kalil, two great veteran lineman)l, where he was free from insults. He might even be able to handle it better, but it doesn't make it right.

Daniel, not sure why you want to diminish this. Because it happened on your favourite team? Who gives a crap. Richie is a fvcking idiot. He was a horrible leader. What happened was awful. Everyone part of it should be gone. No need to lessen it.

First, you're using circular logic. Guy complains he's obviously a bullying victim. Guy doesn't complain and says he didn't think it was a big deal he's obviously hiding his true feelings.

I was never and Incognito fan, and as anyone can tell, I never shy away from sh!tting on my own team when they deserve it, and even when they don't. But if the leadership were so bad, the rest of the team would not be coming to Incgonitos defense. And frankly the only reason why everyone else in the league didn't brush this aside was because a lot of other players don't like Incognito for other reasons, same way the rest of hockey did not like Claude Lemieux. You notice no one is saying that Jon Jerry (who the Wells report says did stuff even worse than incognito) will have trouble playing for another team.

Its the press narrartive here really has my blood boiling, probably because I see how they do it everywhere. First it was racism. Then of course, it turned out other black players were involved so that narrative didn't work. Then it was extorting money from rookies, until it turns out every team does it, and some teams even worse, like Dallas. And that Martin participated in it himself. Even the bullying narrative fell apart for a while, when we saw Martin's vulgar texts and pictures of him living it up in strip clubs.

In the end, half of the league is probably breathing a sigh of relief that it was the Dolphins that got caught, and that Jonathan Martin was not their teammate.

Richie is the leader of the offense because Tanny was only a first and second year QB who probably didn't feel comfortable to step in and tell Richie to shut the fvck up.

..oh no no no no!!! Tanny gets no mulligan here from me DR, sorry.

As a player, I like RT alot, and think he's got a bright future. However, he fvcked up big-time when he tried to sell to the media how Richie was salt of the earth. If he kept his mouth shut throughout the entire fiasco back in November LIKE HE WAS INSTRUCTED TO, I could give him a pass. But he had to go open his big-fat yap along with Brian Hartline & Randy Starks and swoon songs about how wonderful a teammate Incognito was, while making Martin look bad. Now he can eat crow along with the rest of them who are digging their heads in the sand. It's funny how all of the outspoken players\former players that came out 3 months ago to vocalize their support for a d-bag like Incognito, are now nowhere to be found. #FootMeetMouth

Edited by Beezer34

To say that their leadahip is nothing worse then the average team is crazy. There's clear issues running throughout that tram right now. And I agree about Pete but he is a hell of a good coach.

People say that, but they don't get specific other than to talk about incognito, who again, was voted to the leadership counsel by the other players including Martin. In any event, the same schmucks who talk about Dilphins leadership problems, will get down on their knees to talk about how wonderful Ray Lewis is.

As an aside, I just remembered a plot line from Hard Knocks regarding Michael Egnew. For those who don't remember, he's a TE that was drafted in the third round who has seen limited playing time in two years. Basically, it turned out immediately at training camp that he was an awful blocker, among other problems with his game. Sherman rips into him in front of everyone, saying that if he weren't a third round draft pick he would be cut immediately. You could see Egnew getting humiliated to the point of coming close to tears.

Seeing what's happening now, Egnew could have just as easily leveled the same "bullying" accusations, which the press would have picked up on.

And Maddog, I'm not really defending Incognito. As I've said, he's a big dumb animal. But I will say is that the crap he pulled is probably not much worse than you'll see elsewhere. And the only reason that other players and football personnel are going after him, is because he was a dirty player on the field, kind of like Claude Lemieux. No other players will talk about ostracizing Jon Jerry or Mike Pouncey.

..oh no no no no!!! Tanny gets no mulligan here from me DR, sorry.

As a player, I like RT alot, and think he's got a bright future. However, he fvcked up big-time when he tried to sell to the media how Richie was salt of the earth. If he kept his mouth shut throughout the entire fiasco back in November LIKE HE WAS INSTRUCTED TO, I could give him a pass. But he had to go open his big-fat yap along with Brian Hartline & Randy Starks and swoon songs about how wonderful a teammate Incognito was, while making Martin look bad. Now he can eat crow along with the rest of them who are digging their heads in the sand. It's funny how all of the outspoken playersformer players that came out 3 months ago to vocalize their support for a d-bag like Incognito, are now nowhere to be found. #FootMeetMouth

Somehow I think you'd be singing a different tune if this were the Jets.

In any event, Tannehill gave fairly stock answers about Incognito when he press first caught wind of this. And he said what virtually all of the other players on the team said, that they liked him as a teammate. The rest of the team was asked questions and they stated how they felt. And guess what, virtually every other player in the league agreed with Hartline, et al.

But as I alluded to before, people that wanted a story could get one whatever happened. Tannehill and te rest of the team gives no comments, they're obviously hiding something. They do speak to the press, they're opening their stupid mouths.

Hell Philbin and Ireland clammed up, and the Wells report confirmed that there was no "code red", which was the serious accusation the press tried to run with when the story broke. At the time everyone assumed it must have been true.

Bryant McKinney also just threw cold water on the narrative. He ought to be someone who has more credibility than anyone. He got there a few weeks before Martin left the team, doesn't really expect to be back with the Dolphins, in other words someone that didn't have a dog in the fight one way or the other.

And the league may not be able to even punish Incognito as it is.

He was already suspended for half the season, but I don't recall how many games were without pay. Considering that Rothkeisberger got the same amount for suspicions of raping someone, i think time served is appropriate.

Marino is out at CBS, now cue the rumors that he'll be joining the front office.  If it's basically for PR, then I guess what's the harm.  Otherwise, I think he'd be a disaster. 

Its yet another job that John Elway can be better than him at :lol: