Johan Hedberg will start Thursday night

NewarkDevil5

I haven't missed a game yet this year, but as it stands right now I'd rather shoot myself in the face than go to the game Thursday. I seriously don't get this.

I haven't missed a game yet this year, but as it stands right now I'd rather shoot myself in the face than go to the game Thursday. I seriously don't get this.

I'm kind of hoping Thursday's another 15,000 game with empty pockets that I can move in and get the **** away from 120.  That section was an embarassment tonight.

Pete's giving Hedberg his trust; might be his last shot. They need a win.

I understand why he's doing it, Hedberg's a locker room favorite. But this is it...

I'm kind of hoping Thursday's another 15,000 game with empty pockets that I can move in and get the **** away from 120.  That section was an embarassment tonight.

What happened in 120?

I was in 214 and thought things would get really bad, but everyone was pretty subdued, except for the one or two drunk asshat around. A few more games like this, and the The Rock is gonna start being really not fun to go to.

Luckily it wasn't bad over near me in 117. I was having a blast watching the team be terrible actually haha. In fact, at one point I tried to start a one-man wave and stood up about a second before Henrique scored. When everyone around me jumped up and cheered I felt like a god.

Edited by PWW

Some season ticket holders in that section are unbearable. I moved to 209 after the 2nd.

I high-tailed it out after the fourth goal too.  I mostly stood in the back of the Diablos section, then started walking around the arena aimlessly till we scored, then I ducked into the lower bowl and watched the last few minutes from there.

Pete's giving Hedberg his trust; might be his last shot. They need a win.

I understand why he's doing it, Hedberg's a locker room favorite. But this is it...

What happened in 120?

I was in 214 and thought things would get really bad, but everyone was pretty subdued, except for the one or two drunk asshat around. A few more games like this, and the The Rock is gonna start being really not fun to go to.

Section 120 was ridiculous.  They were talking about soccer and who was benched basically the entire 2nd period and saying we want Marty and Kinkaid, and booed Moose.  Went to a different section.  But don't know about any commotion.  It was just ridiculous last night.  The section I went to was soooo much more quieter.

Edited by enjoythesilence

Sounds like Pete wants to get fired.

Could be I guess.

Section 120 was ridiculous.  They were talking about soccer and who was benched basically the entire 2nd period and saying we want Marty and Kinkaid, and booed Moose.  Went to a different section.  But don't know about any commotion.  It was just ridiculous last night.  The section I went to was soooo much more quieter.

Not moose fault that he sucks, they should boo deboer.

Remember 3 weeks ago when someone made a "pete deboer in early talks for jack adams" How the mighty have fallen straight to the gutter.

Edited by Sneax

hey kinkaid, use your glove more kid!  pancaking into the blocker will get old fast

moose found a new wrap around technique, throw the stick away and dive with the blocker. or give him a Jr stick, he cant handle an adult one

seriously, when is marty getting back? if its more than 5 or 6 games we can kiss the season goodbye. 

Kinkaid deserves a shot to start here.  I like Moose and wish he'd get out of this, but it is clear that he is lost right now.  In reality though, our defense has been atrocious, we don't possess the puck in the offensive zone, can't create chances off the rush, and do nothing with our PP.  That has nothing to do with Hedberg, but his struggles are just compounding the problems right now.

I didn't think Kinkaid looked all that sharp. I'm sure part of that is nerves, or coming in relief mid game, or whatever and he made a few nice saves but he seemed to be out of position quite a bit. My guess is he will start Saturday if Marty isn't back yet.

Edited by squishyx

Kinkaid deserves a shot to start here.  I like Moose and wish he'd get out of this, but it is clear that he is lost right now.  In reality though, our defense has been atrocious, we don't possess the puck in the offensive zone, can't create chances off the rush, and do nothing with our PP.  That has nothing to do with Hedberg, but his struggles are just compounding the problems right now.

What?  The Devils possess the puck in the offensive zone all the time.  They've dominated the first period of their last 3 games.  It's just they are always trailing because their goalie can't make a stop.

What?  The Devils possess the puck in the offensive zone all the time.  They've dominated the first period of their last 3 games.  It's just they are always trailing because their goalie can't make a stop.

it's not cause you're pinning the puck and keeping it in your skate against the boards and go back and forth behind the red line in the offensive zone that you're necessarily dominating a hockey game.

especially when all you rely on is point shots and that the dmen can't hit the net

it's not cause you're pinning the puck and keeping it in your skate against the boards and go back and forth behind the red line in the offensive zone that you're necessarily dominating a hockey game.

especially when all you rely on is point shots and that the dmen can't hit the net

Your opponent isn't getting shots or scoring chances this way.  And you are, and even if you aren't getting many, they're not getting any.  

Anyway Chuck said they don't possess the puck in the offensive zone which is an absurdity - the Devils have had the puck all the time in the offensive zone in the last 3 games.

Edited by Triumph

Your opponent isn't getting shots or scoring chances this way.  And you are, and even if you aren't getting many, they're not getting any.  

Anyway Chuck said they don't possess the puck in the offensive zone which is an absurdity - the Devils have had the puck all the time in the offensive zone in the last 3 games.

imo it's part of the problem actually cause like we saw last night and quite a few times... yes we have the puck against the boards in the offensive zone and we have our 3 guys behind the red line and the opposing dman gets the puck out and they have the easiest breakout ever. our 3 forwards behind... technically our 3 guys will be facing the boards and turning around... in front of them the dmen leaving with the puck plus another forward and the 2 forwards already gaining speed at the blueline, and they are beating our dmen with speed.

i can seriously remember quite a few goals that happened because of that, lose a battle behind the red line... flawless breakout with all the space in the world and score off the rush.

imo it's part of the problem actually cause like we saw last night and quite a few times... yes we have the puck against the boards in the offensive zone and we have our 3 guys behind the red line and the opposing dman gets the puck out and they have the easiest breakout ever. our 3 forwards behind... technically our 3 guys will be facing the boards and turning around... in front of them the dmen leaving with the puck plus another forward and the 2 forwards already gaining speed at the blueline, and they are beating our dmen with speed.

i can seriously remember quite a few goals that happened because of that, lose a battle behind the red line... flawless breakout with all the space in the world and score off the rush.

I pointed out the only shots we generate are from the blue line with this system right now. But also, the problem is the puck is just making its way off the boards right into the other teams stick we aren't getting the puck out into the slot or off to the side of the net for anyone to take a shot. I don't know if this is an issue of lossing battles on the wall, bad bounces or people not being in the right spot. But that's what I've notcied. We either shoot from the blue or the board work results in the puck feeding to the opposition for a break out.

Edited by Sneax

I pointed out the only shots we generate are from the blue line with this system right now. But also, the problem is the puck is just making its way off the boards right into the other teams stick we aren't getting the puck out into the slot or off to the side of the net for anyone to take a shot. I don't know if this is an issue of lossing battles on the wall, bad bounces or people not being in the right spot. But that's what I've notcied. We either shoot from the blue or the board work results in the puck feeding to the opposition for a break out.

I've been pointing that out for awhile but lately or late in game when they are trailing you see the guys going on a mission and trying stuff on their own trying to create stuffand quite often those are the best opportunities of the game. It's pretty clear to me that they are restrained to make the same play all the time and when they are in desperation mode they'll go out of that path.

like i pointed out too, a reason Clarkson is/was successful is that he's OFTEN not doing what he's told to do and do things his way.

Edited by SterioDesign