Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrthemike

Swiss Player Paralyzed

7 posts in this topic

I've read about it but I refuse to watch the video. Just terrible.

That is absolutely horrific in every way.  Poor guy is now paralyzed for life over a dumb hit from behind.

With the way things are going in the NHL right now it is not a matter of if but when this will happen over here.  I pray that it doesn't.

Horrible to see that, but freak accident. Not really a dirty hit, it was shoulder to shoulder and the guy who got hurt initialized it. There was no hit from behind

Edited by '7'

dammit that was disgusting.  poor guy man that is so unfortunate

Horrible to see that, but freak accident. Not really a dirty hit, it was shoulder to shoulder and the guy who got hurt initialized it. There was no hit from behind

I disagree. He did initiate the contact by trying to reverse hit the other player, but as he did this, it appears, to me at least, that the other player lunged his right arm out and pushed forward.

i agree with this. If he wouldnt have stopped and bump back he would have probably been pinned to the boards at worst, the guy braced himself only after he was him stop for the hit.

very sad news though