Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZeroGravityFat

Cryptic info which came with next season's ticket info

14 posts in this topic

In the event that the NHL schedules the Devils game at an alternate venue, there are several options for the reimbursement of the game. etc. 

Sounds to me like the Devils will be playing in the Yankee Stadium, bring out the parade balloons.

We need to find out if this has been printed in previous years and we just haven't noticed it...or is printed on all teams tickets...in case arena difficulties force a change of venue, not necessarily a winter classic.

1 person likes this

Could be one of the Europe teams as well.

I've never noticed it before, I believe this is the first year it was sent.  In any case they basically gave you the option to do whatever you wanted, so nobody will be screwed over.

Well if they start the season in europe well probably get some money back for pre-season games and the one regular season game.

My guess is the NHL told all teams to disclose this to STH.. The Flyers got sued over something like this so I'm sure they're just covering their bases

My guess is the NHL told all teams to disclose this to STH.. The Flyers got sued over something like this so I'm sure they're just covering their bases

Yeah, that sh!t was golden. Good for that guy getting one over on Comcast.

Man oh man I hope it's games in Europe. 

I hope it's neither. I'm no fan of extra travel for the team and the winter classic is probably more of a distraction to the players than anything else and I have a sneaking suspicion Lou feels the same way about it, especially given that you automatically get stuck with HBO cameras for a month because of it.

Of course, I'm not a fan living in Europe, so there's that too.

Yeah I don't expect any NA fan to be jumping of joy if they'd play in Europe...but I'd be ecstatic for obvious reasons.

Yeah, this seems to be the most plausible explanation right now. I just can't see the league picking the Devils for an outdoor game or other special event. Although, if the league wants marquee players, there are few better to market as playing in a Winter Classic or other outdoor game than Brodeur and Kovy.

In the event that the NHL schedules the Devils game at an alternate venue, there are several options for the reimbursement of the game. etc. 

Sounds to me like the Devils will be playing in the Yankee Stadium, bring out the parade balloons.

No way this happens.

We won't be playing in Yankee Stadium because two days before the Pinstripe Bowl takes place!

Yeah, this seems to be the most plausible explanation right now. I just can't see the league picking the Devils for an outdoor game or other special event. Although, if the league wants marquee players, there are few better to market as playing in a Winter Classic or other outdoor game than Brodeur and Kovy.

Not a Winter Classic but they could easily be a pick for a Europe game.  Hell, the Florida Panthers went to Europe a couple years ago, no reason it won't be our turn eventually unless Lou specifically can request not to do it.

No way this happens.

We won't be playing in Yankee Stadium because two days before the Pinstripe Bowl takes place!

The game is not a winter classic. Winter classic is in Michigan. Our game would be on a different weekend.