Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Devil Fan

GDT: Alert: Domestic Violence Showdown Gio VS Gio (Mtl @ NJ). 3/16/13

194 posts in this topic

Don't even try, Dude. Any sense of rational criticism will just be met with name calling.

Any credibility you had in your argument went away when you used the phrase "rational criticism" about SMT3.

1 person likes this

Well we've got 19 games remaining. This team will likely have to go something like 11-8 to make the playoffs.

The only thing more annoying than the idiots who cry their eyeballs out during a 3 game losing streak are the a$$holes who puff their chest and say "see? I TOLD you this team sucks!" when we lose a 1-goal game against the team with the BEST RECORD IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE on a FIVE GAME WIN STREAK when we're playing back-to-back without our starting goaltender.

1 person likes this

Any credibility you had in your argument went away when you used the phrase "rational criticism" about SMT3.

I think SMT3 while being a little overly-critical is bringing up a fair criticism.

Well we've got 19 games remaining. This team will likely have to go something like 11-8 to make the playoffs.

You don't think this hockey club can go 11-8 in 19 games? That seems unrealistic to you?

I think SMT3 while being a little overly-critical is bringing up a fair criticism.

He said the team was a heartless squad of turds 9/10 games last year. And then, magically, turned into a Devils fan in the playoffs! (After the Florida series, naturally).

Every single person on this forum has their moments of utter idiocy every once in a while. SMT3 doesn't have any other moment than that.

You don't think this hockey club can go 11-8 in 19 games? That seems unrealistic to you?

At this point it's going to be tough. This team is basically in a playoff spot because of the great start to the season. I mean what's this team's record since the end of February? It's very possible for them to not go 11-8.

At this point it's going to be tough. This team is basically in a playoff spot because of the great start to the season. I mean what's this team's record since the end of February? It's very possible for them to not go 11-8.

If they play like they did tonight they'd finish well below 11-8

Edited by devlman

I just went to the Devils' Homepage and looked at the remaining schedule and the opponents. Go there and check it out. I hope you're right, but looking at the opponents we have to face it's going to be very difficult to walk away with 11 wins.

We had a great start to the season in large part due to our goaltending. If he returns before the season ends, which I'd bet money he will, who's to say we won't get hot at the right time?

The point is, none of us really know what team we have here. If Zidlicky takes his head out of his ass for a split second, we get a point or, gosh, two out of this game, everyone is clapping at how we've turned it around.

It's a bounce. It's unlucky. Kovy's rocket ripped the crossbar. We don't have our backbone in net. So many people have to stop treating this sport like a ticking time bomb. It's a game. It's fun. You can get pissed, but the line between being a self-titled "logical fan" and a complete pessimistic douchebag is really, really slim - and I think a lot of the members on this board fall towards the latter.

I believe in this team. I have faith that they'll make the playoffs, and with a healthy Brodeur I have faith they can win in the playoffs. Tonight's loss was disappointing, but damnit I love this team. These little sh!ts gave us some of the best hockey memories of our life last summer. There's a bigger picture here. This is still a competitive hockey team, one that was a bad bounce away from being 5th instead of 7th. Breathe, people.

1 person likes this

we have a 4 point lead on the 9 place with 19 game to go... Common believe we will make it

The point is that even if they managed two points out of this game they still played piss poor the entire contest. For the most part, they've been playing piss poor the past month. Based on that they could very well finish outside of the playoffs, 2 pts tonight or not.

I believe they will make the playoffs due to their start this season, but it's not about this. The point is they laid an egg to tonight and played with zero heart. Playoff bound or not, that is unacceptable and I'm not just gona write that off as some one -game phenomenon because its not and hasn't been.

Btw, Harri pesonen is nowhere close to being an NHL level player

Edited by devlman

lol they did not play piss poor tonight.  Not to jump on you, but this sounds like the crap I was hearing in 120 all night, where the mongloids there reached a new level of idiocy.  

They played a good team and it was a fairly even game.  We just can't score to save our lives.  The Rangers could stick Biron in and probably shut us out on Tuesday.  Then again, they're so far up the creek they might not score either.  We'll probably lose another stupid skills competition and be on the brink.

I was at the game, did MSG+ show Devils vs. Habs from March 2011 instead? With some of the reactions here that's got to be the case.

we have a 4 point lead on the 9 place with 19 game to go... Common believe we will make it

Ninth place also has two games in hand.  And they play us on Tuesday in another monumental game.  

Zajac needs to return from whatever alien planet he's on.  And Clarkson looks like one of the aliens in Space Jam that was a spazz, suddenly got zapped superpowers from NHL All-Stars, and now is a spazz again.  Even Elias had a poor game.  I don't think they played poorly as a team, but our best forwards have to start making positive contributions again. 

Edited by NJDevs4978

I can't believe this habs team. I watch a lot of games of the canadiens, and they always win like this, they pretty much get dominated, and find a way to win.

Isn't that what all good teams do?

lol they did not play piss poor tonight. Not to jump on you, but this sounds like the crap I was hearing in 120 all night, where the mongloids there reached a new level of idiocy.

They played a good team and it was a fairly even game. We just can't score to save our lives. The Rangers could stick Biron in and probably shut us out on Tuesday. Then again, they're so far up the creek they might not score either. We'll probably lose another stupid skills competition and be on the brink.

I'm sorry bro but if you think they weren't awful tonight then I wholeheartedly disagree with you Edited by devlman

I'm sorry bro but if you think they weren't awful tonight then I wholeheartedly disagree with you

You're not taking into account the fact the other team's actually better the Devils.  Probably a 'bit' better at this point.  You can't expect the Devils to be dominating games when they're a tweener team playing one of the five teams that pretty much have a playoff spot sewn up in either conference.  They've played light years better in the last five games than they were in the losing streak of death when Moose couldn't stop a beach ball, and when he did the D was out to lunch.

Edited by NJDevs4978

You're not taking into account the fact the other team's actually better the Devils. Probably a 'bit' better at this point. You can't expect the Devils to be dominating games when they're a tweener team playing one of the five teams that pretty much have a playoff spot sewn up in either conference. They've played light years better in the last five games than they were in the losing streak of death when Moose couldn't stop a beach ball, and when he did the D was out to lunch.

But you're not taking into account the fact that Montreal was dreadful tonight, as well! They're a good team but were absolutely beatable tonight with the slightest of quality.

I'm not expecting the devils to light it up every game but when you have sellout crowds checking your team, and even sport, out for the first time, you have to have more more than 10% of the squad playing at expected performance levels.

Edited by devlman

Montreal was dreadful how, because they were boring?  Newsflash, look at who their coach is.  They had some great chances Moose made point-blank saves on.

Montreal was dreadful how, because they were boring? Newsflash, look at who their coach is. They had some great chances Moose made point-blank saves on.

The habs passing was poor, turned the puck over a ton, and were weak along the boards. We didnt exploit that because we were worse.

Montreal was dreadful how, because they were boring?  Newsflash, look at who their coach is.  They had some great chances Moose made point-blank saves on.

Don't even waste your time trying to be rational.    Montreal didn't play as well as I thought they would but we did a good job keeping the game contained.

Edited by maxpower