Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Devil Fan

GDT: Alert: Domestic Violence Showdown Gio VS Gio (Mtl @ NJ). 3/16/13

194 posts in this topic

Don't even waste your time trying to be rational. Montreal didn't play as well as I thought they would but we did a good job keeping the game contained.

You forgot to call me a moron

I have faith in this team but it's skaken. It has been since the off season. Lou dropped the ball by not having a plan B for Zach's ext, signed Sal to an extension based on locker room presence and an odd playoff performance and let guys like Poni walk while retaining Cam Janssen. He also re-signed Moose which I thought was a terrible idea. Right now this team has completely lost any MoJo they've had when they started the season. Sure Marty and Zubes are out, but who's to say they'll give the team a boost. There's bound to be sluggishness and rust. I would not be surprised at all if the analysts are right and we finish in 11th place.

Don't even waste your time trying to be rational.    Montreal didn't play as well as I thought they would but we did a good job keeping the game contained.

"Contained" doesn't get you points. A loss is a loss is a loss.

Do you think you are one?

Does Carp think he's one?

Bottom line, Montreal didnt play close to their standards. The bad news is we were further from ours. We didnt 'contain' Montreal. That's generalized horse manure speak. Tonight was about which team could play the least sh!ttiest.

Edited by devlman

Don't even waste your time trying to be rational.    Montreal didn't play as well as I thought they would but we did a good job keeping the game contained.

I think I have to come down from my breaking point with everyone and everything tonight.  That was one of the most unenjoyable games I ever went to and it has nothing to do with what happened on the ice.  When you start hoping someone hauls off and clocks the sth in back of you who's screaming idiotic nonsense all night, you know it's bad.  And he isn't the only clown in 120 by a longshot, just the one in my ear all night.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Does Carp think he's one?

Bottom line, Montreal didnt play close to their standards. The bad news is we were further from ours. We didnt 'contain' Montreal. That's generalized horse manure speak. Tonight was about which team could play the least sh!ttiest.

The last post was a little more realistic, except that they aren't going to finish 11th unless they really, really suck the rest of the season.   The Flyers are off for a LONG time and then are going to get their own death stretch to make up for it.

It's 10 teams for 8 spots (at least until the Flyers start playing again) and I'm not overly impressed with the competition.   I thought Carolina had alot more points than they do.   Haven't really checked the standings this year.

And they did contain Montreal and they outshot them badly in the 3rd when Montreal should have totally run us into the ground.   Your expectations are way too high and you're not accounting for the schedule at all.    They're sorta lucky they bounced back because they schedule put them in a bad spot when they blowing points left and right 10 days ago.

Now, 2 weeks from now if they haven't started making some progress, then I'll get a little concerned.   But even then, the season's over in a couple of weeks, who cares.   It's not like 2010 where they were done in December and then you have 4 months of meaningless games to look forward to.

Edited by maxpower

The last post was a little more realistic, except that they aren't going to finish 11th unless they really, really suck the rest of the season.   The Flyers are off for a LONG time and then are going to get their own death stretch to make up for it.

It's 10 teams for 8 spots (at least until the Flyers start playing again) and I'm not overly impressed with the competition.   I thought Carolina had alot more points than they do.   Haven't really checked the standings this year.

And they did contain Montreal and they outshot them badly in the 3rd when Montreal should have totally run us into the ground.   Your expectations are way too high and you're not accounting for the schedule at all.    They're sorta lucky they bounced back because they schedule put them in a bad spot when they blowing points left and right 10 days ago.

Now, 2 weeks from now if they haven't started making some progress, then I'll get a little concerned.   But even then, the season's over in a couple of weeks, who cares.   It's not like 2010 where they were done in December and then you have 4 months of meaningless games to look forward to.

Again, "containment" doesn't mean sh!t if you lose.

Again, "containment" doesn't mean sh!t if you lose.

Did you really expect to win this game?    It would be one thing if they were playing a sh!tty team, but they weren't.   I expected them to get killed.   They exceeded my expectations.

I think they may already get into DEFCON 1 territory with a loss on Tuesday against a corpse team.  Granted, a corpse team that can still shut out a bad offense like ours, even if they've tuned out Tortorella.  They don't really have two weeks to get the offense going.  Even during this non-sucky stretch after our malaise we're still 3-2-1, and that's with playing decent-well the last four games.

But yeah at least there's not much time to have meaningless games even if they do crap the bed.

Did you really expect to win this game?    It would be one thing if they were playing a sh!tty team, but they weren't.   I expected them to get killed.   They exceeded my expectations.

I did expect them to win this game. They can't make the playoffs beating teams that aren't as good as them. Hell, in some cases they can't even beat those teams. But yeah, on home ice, having gained a bit more confidence, and playing a team that is "better" than them, I fully expected the Devils to win.

In two weeks if they don't progress you might as well change the channel to baseball because it will be all over.

I did expect them to win this game. They can't make the playoffs beating teams that aren't as good as them. Hell, in some cases they can't even beat those teams. But yeah, on home ice, having gained a bit more confidence, and playing a team that is "better" than them, I fully expected the Devils to win.

It was an ambush game at the end of a long run of games.   Against a good team.   It had death written all over it.   If the shoe was on the other foot and I was a Habs fan, and we lost that game, I'd go nuts.

It's a bug/windshield thing.    It's like the Rangers drawing us sitting around doing nothing while they play 3 in 4 during a slump.   *THAT'S* a game I expect to win and they better win it.

I will say that the bullsh!t penalties and non-calls didn't help the Devils at all.

In two weeks if they don't progress you might as well change the channel to baseball because it will be all over.

They'll probably be right around where they are right now if they tread water.   The East is awful.   Are the Isles going to finish strong, or two teams from the SE finish in front of us?   If these things don't happen and we do nothing but tread water, we probably still won't miss.

They'll probably be right around where they are right now if they tread water.   The East is awful.   Are the Isles going to finish strong, or two teams from the SE finish in front of us?   If these things don't happen and we do nothing but tread water, we probably still won't miss.

It's entirely plausible that two teams below us could heat up. As Devils fans, we know first hand that teams who appear out of it can make serious runs. The trade deadline is coming up and some teams could as a means to get over the hump. Lou, I don't think he'll do much of anything.

It's entirely plausible that two teams below us could heat up. As Devils fans, we know first hand that teams who appear out of it can make serious runs. The trade deadline is coming up and some teams could as a means to get over the hump. Lou, I don't think he'll do much of anything.

It's also possible injuries eventually catch up to Ottawa, and Toronto keeps up their expected swoon and teams actually fall behind us, in spite of our own issues.  But I'm still expecting the cutoff number to be fairly high, it usually winds up higher than it's projected to be after half the season.  11-8 sounds about right as to what the bare minimum we need to go is.

It's also possible injuries eventually catch up to Ottawa, and Toronto keeps up their expected swoon and teams actually fall behind us, in spite of our own issues.  But I'm still expecting the cutoff number to be fairly high, it usually winds up higher than it's projected to be after half the season.  11-8 sounds about right as to what the bare minimum we need to go is.

I thought 6 over NHL .500 going in.   It may be less in the end.   Right now it's 50/51 points to get in.   Rangers and Isles are both at 50, rounded up.

Question is how much more can we ride Moose, Marty's back seems to be a injury of unknown length. If we keep losing and Lou does not go for someone by the trade deadline, well then Lou is pissing the season away!

They didnt play that bad. Thought Price had a tremendous game, his rebound control was incredible.

Having to hear Nordique Nation chants for most of the night made me hate tonight even more. I wish they wouldn't do group sales with these people

They didnt play that bad. Thought Price had a tremendous game, his rebound control was incredible.

Second this. The Devils weren't getting anything by Price tonight. Game could've gone for another period and we wouldn't have scored.

I will say that the bullsh!t penalties and non-calls didn't help the Devils at all.

It did, on our only goal Eller got triped pretty bad, puck went to kovy and he made the pass and we scored

Having to hear Nordique Nation chants for most of the night made me hate tonight even more. I wish they wouldn't do group sales with these people

I'm actually suprised to hear this. I was at the game last year they attended, surrounded by blue, and I had an absolute blast with them. They're there to chear the home team and show they can support an NHL franchise. I wasn't there last night so I can't fully say they did the same this year but I was happy to join in their chants last year because they were joining in ours supporting the Devils.

When I found out they were visiting this year I was actually a bit upset I didn't know earlier to arrange to make it to the game.

I'd take any one of those Nord fans over the super-annoying 'sth' behind me.  Hell I'd take ten of them over that clown.

I was amongst the Nordique nation too and they were pretty funny to talk with and to their credit did cheer for the Devils over the Canadiens. Wish they stopped with the wave though lol

The bryce salvador must die guy was getting on everyones nerves. Really wishing your captain death? Come on.