Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SterioDesign

Matteau sent back to the Armada

51 posts in this topic

per Mlalancette

Les Devils du New Jersey renvoient Stefan Matteau jr à Boisbriand. #lhjmq #nhl

Strange. Really strange.

oh fvck i just realize they are playing against the Acadie-Bathurst Titans.. it's only 2 hrs from here so i could catch some of his playoffs performance

is this confirmed? i find it hard to believe that TG or Chere or the Devils have said nothing about this yet.

besides - why send him back to junior and not to Albany? keep learning the pro game. there's no advantage to the devils to send him to junior vs albany at this point.

is this confirmed? i find it hard to believe that TG or Chere or the Devils have said nothing about this yet.

besides - why send him back to junior and not to Albany? keep learning the pro game. there's no advantage to the devils to send him to junior vs albany at this point.

I don't think they can send him to Albany for some reason.  It's either juniors or here.

He needs more time down there, they didn't want him to accrue another year to FA if he wasn't going to play much anyway.

I believe he has to go to Juniors until their season ends.

Since Matteau has played under 23 NHL games I think he has burned a year of ELC but did not start his UFA clock. So staying under 23 games may be important.

zero confirmation anywhere other than the 1 source and some other twitter citing one source.

not believing it until someone legit reports it

How would the Devils be able to send Matteau back to juniors again? I thought the cutoff date for that was 5 or so games into the season.

How would the Devils be able to send Matteau back to juniors again? I thought the cutoff date for that was 5 or so games into the season.

As far as I know:

5 games & 23 games were in relation to his ELC

He HAS to go to juniors until the season is over. Then can play in either NJ or Albany.

Similar to Boucher only being allowed to play in Albany after his season is over.

Grigorenko got sent back recently too.   It's a UFA clock thing and really he wasn't doing much here lately.

I heard it on bleacher report...soooo welcome back Zubrus?

Zubrus is only lightly skating. Tallinder or Marty are closer than Zubs.

If true, its not for Marty as simple solution is to send Frazee down

What we as Devils fans would like to think is about to happen: Trade.

What will happen: The return of either Matt Anderson, Josefson or Janssen.

I don't mind Matteau being sent back to the Q for Armada's playoff run. Should be a good experience for him as they are the 3 seed. I like that he's been able to get valuable experience in NJ this year and get a great junior experience.

He's pretty much guaranteed to be with us next season.. Got his feet wet and learned what it takes to be a pro, so I'm fine with it

Devils make it official.

If he was going to be a healthy scratch over the next few weeks, its better to send him back.

He'll be back once the Armada season is over.

Also, if we bring Janssen back up, I'm not going to be happy at all.

He was drafted out of the usndtp, he can play wherever the devils.wanted him too. Albany the Devils or juniors are all open. If he were drafted from his junior team going back to the q was the only.other option

his junior team is in the playoffs and im sure he could learn from that while helping his team, i think it's a good move

He was drafted out of the usndtp, he can play wherever the devils.wanted him too. Albany the Devils or juniors are all open. If he were drafted from his junior team going back to the q was the only.other option

no, he wasn't on a list of albany-eligible players at the beginning of the season, he can't go there until his junior season ends

no one has said whether this counts as an accrued season.  an accrued season in a normal season means 40 games on the roster.  seeing as how both grigorenko and matteau were sent down in the same week, i have to imagine that the accrued season clock hasn't started for him.  if the devils make the playoffs i hope he's back here.

Edited by Triumph

Tri, it's 23 games to accrue. National guys tweeted about it a few days ago.