Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NJDEVS1730

GDT 3/19/13: NY Rags @ Devils

277 posts in this topic

I love how you guys tell me to gtfo.

Listen I'm a realist.

The statistics say this team can't win games when they don't score first.

That's what I'm basing it off of.

I'm not talking out of my crack the way you all think I am.

This team is garbage and doesn't deserve to make the playoffs at this rate.

They have 3!!!! wins since Marty got hurt.

Now Poni is injured...

18 games left to turn it around but with teams like the Rangers, Isles..not looking good.

Bad teams find ways to lose these games.  The Devils found a way to lose this game, just like they've lost to a million other bubble teams/other bad teams during this malaise.

And anyone that thinks Marty's going to be the salve is going to be in for a nasty surprise when a rusty Marty can't get into gear quickly enough to save this season.

Edited by NJDevs4978

If we can reflect here just a bit; This team is not a playoff team. When the season started, with Marty in net and Zubrus added, this team was just playing beyond their potential. In all honesty with this roster, 9th place is probably about the right spot for this roster.

Losing Zach and Sykora was a big loss and we were teetering on the brink when we lost Zubes and Marty.

So all in all, don't be mad right ow or if we miss the playoffs, we're kind of where we should be.

i know its just that you forgot to type Marty also.

... and can i get a 'Sal' for players to take off the ice??

Sal was one of the few guys out there tonight that wasn't a total retard.  Other than one questionable pinch in the third (and that's going to sometimes happen when you're down a goal) I saw nothing wrong with his game.  Other guys are making mistake after mistake but let's dump on the captain some more because we don't like his contract.

Carter and Bernier have been playing well - well enough to play with Zajac and not look out of place - but agree that Ponikarovsky's absence really highlighted how many guys there are on this team who should be getting limited minutes.  Luckily the Devils should be getting Loktionov back on Thursday.

Also Fayne's got to go in the lineup, I know that won't help the offense necessarily but it should help the defense.  Peter Harrold wasn't having a good night with the puck - either he or Larsson should sit.  And I bet Tallinder is close to being healthy.  Both guys should be in the lineup.

It's a short season.  The Devils are playing okay, but so are a lot of teams.

Ponikarovsky's absence highlighted how little he's contributed since his first game back.  I didn't even know he was missing until the postgame.

How bad was Ponikarsovskys injury? What exactly happened to him?

Ponikarovsky's absence highlighted how little he's contributed since his first game back. I didn't even know he was missing until the postgame.

That's his style of play. He's not gonna make amazing plays all the time, but he is also gonna be solid most of the time as well. He also can score in clutch situations.

I love all the "played really well" comments. So what happens when we lose 8 out of our next 18 and are out of the playoffs? I mean give me a break with that stuff. And if my Aunt had a d!ck she'd be my uncle!

Best post of the night. It's all good though..when we're out of the playoffs at least we can reminisce on our Stanley Cups and last year's success and end this season's failures by saying, "we played hard and that's all that matters" and "Lou will fix it. He always does."

I mean I realize Moose wants to imitate Marty to keep the 'system' intact, but at some point he's got to realize he's doing more harm than good.  Making the same type of mistakes over and over again is needlessly beating your head into a wall.

So frustrated after watching garbage once again... I feel like there's so much going on here that just sucks its like where do you start to fix it to turn this around? We thought we were in trouble before and we hit the bottom and the only place to go was up...well apparently not because we just let our playoff spot slip to the rangers over a one goal loss... sh!tty goaltending and once again failing to produce more then two goals..thank god Marty is back because I'm sick of watching hedburg letting these soft shots go by, along with his crap puck handeling leading to mistakes that put this team in a bad situation.. Don't get me wrong i know this teams problems are obviously not all because of him but christ he doesn't help anything

Lou will sit on his hands again this offseason and try to sign utility players from other teams' bargain basements.

Another game the Devils dominated but the puck wouldnt go in. At least 7 pucks actually went through Lundqvist, and of course the Rags score off a crazy shot out of mid air and a perfect rebound off the boards. Considering the forward group we put out there tonight we really played good. Just no puck luck.

the canes logo looks like somebody took the devils logo and swirled it around

brodeur_story_denis_brodeur.jpg

"No Puck Luck."

Devils EASILY could have potted 5-6 goals, so many went threw Hank tonight and just sat on the crease. If you cant see that the Devils actually outplayed the Rangers tonight then I dont know what to tell you.

But obviously theres no excuse, they should have won.

For those of you who didn't attend they're was A LOT of Blue in the stands tonight.

I don't think any of the home games during the ECF last year had that many.

Horrible night all around.

For those of you who didn't attend they're was A LOT of Blue in the stands tonight.

Pretty much average for the last 2 seasons for the regular season. Not as bad as 3 plus years ago. We have a big enough season ticket holder base now so it will never ever be 60-40 or 50-50 like years ago.

Devils EASILY could have potted 5-6 goals, so many went threw Hank tonight and just sat on the crease. If you cant see that the Devils actually outplayed the Rangers tonight then I dont know what to tell you.

If a game goes into an OT shootout 0-0 then that's no puck luck. I caught some of this game and I can confidently say we got outplayed by a Rangers team that was more driven than us.

I don't think there were as many Ranger fans in the three games 'combined' as there were in just one game tonight.

If a game goes into an OT shootout 0-0 then that's no puck luck. I caught some of this game and I can confidently say we got outplayed by a Rangers team that was more driven than us.

No way, what part of the game you watched? We were the dominant team in the first, we had so many chances in the second period, EASILY could of had 3-4 goals in that period alone, there were so many high quality scoring chances, and the third was the Rangers trapping to keep the lead. We dictated the game, didnt get stuck in our zone for too long and had sustained pressure in their zone, we just had no finish as usual. Look at the Rangers three goals, Moose had a bad play but it was still a lucky ass goal and that was right after Kovy hitting the post, the second goal was just a perfect rebound off the boards, and the third was a 2 on 1 breakdown. Im sorry but the team played really good IMO, especially considering our forward group at the moment. With just a little more finish and better goal tending the Devils would of have won 6 of the last 8 games. I may be the only person who is not mad that they lost the last 3 games because the effort was there and they were able to play their game in every one of these last three. It is what it is, I still think the ship has already been righted and the wins will start coming again, but I am the minority I guess.

Edited by Zubie#8

Devils EASILY could have potted 5-6 goals, so many went threw Hank tonight and just sat on the crease. If you cant see that the Devils actu

ally outplayed the Rangers tonight then I dont know what to tell you.

The pic is actually more of a reference to the excuses we make for the team. It's always "puck luck", "bounces", "so and so looked like Patrick Roy" or "We played well even though we lost". I'm sure our players can make those excuses when they hit the links in May.

How much of the game did you see?