Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caron14

Sergei Kostitsyn having issues in Nashville would you take him

26 posts in this topic

Would you trade for Kostitsyn? (at a low risk price)

It only speculation, but that player bring offense for sure and is a top 6 player

Kovy Lokti Sergei

Elias Zajac Henrique

Poni Carter Zubrus

Those line could move but i think it would add a lot to our dept

Right now SK 74 is saying Aille Bernard, jveux me faire échanger! comment on dit sa échanger en anglais Weber?... TRADE ME RIGHT fvckING NOW TO JERSEY! - (inspired by denis lemieux from Slap shot movie)

Attitude problems. Unless its not true(example: Kovy)Lou is not going to move for that type of player IMO.

Ok boys... I cant post the link but go find the Preds / Oilers game from Sunday... Go check the highlights and look at Petrell's goal in the 3rd...

Like really, go check. If anyone still want him after that... I dont know what to tell you lol

Attitude problems. Unless its not true(example: Kovy)Lou is not going to move for that type of player IMO.

I think it's Andrei that's a bit more troublesome, but I could be wrong.

yes he was lazy on that play we all know it... But everybody could be lazy on some day... he still a guy who put up around 50 poitns

We have no offensive assets to trade as Poille said he is looking for "someone to put the puck in the net." He can take LL off speed dial.

BUT, I would take him, can't teach scoring.

SK has been solid in all zones this year, Trotz even acknowledged this. I honestly think that was more of a brain fart than being lazy.

Edited by Zubie#8

We have no offensive assets to trade as Poille said he is looking for "someone to put the puck in the net." He can take LL off speed dial.

BUT, I would take him, can't teach scoring.

We do have a guy that can put the puck in the net: Johan Hedberg

Edited by CarpathianForest
1 person likes this

We need offense. We're not going to get a big time scorer with no issues with the assets we have, so I'd take a chance. Kovy seems to have a good effect on the Eastern European guys, so maybe he'll whip his butt into shape.

i like him but he doesn't add THAT much offense.  he had that one 50 goal season and he's been sporadic before and after that. 

again, i like him, but realize the liability he actually could be

I'd take a chance on him. He has impressed me on most occasions that I've seen him play. He may be underachieving now, but he isn't a lost cause. Plus, it's becoming more and more apparent that the Devils are in serious need of talented forwards. Finding a way to get SK over here would be great, in my opinion.

The question remains: what assets do we have in New Jersey that would make for a realistic trade?

We need offense. We're not going to get a big time scorer with no issues with the assets we have, so I'd take a chance. Kovy seems to have a good effect on the Eastern European guys, so maybe he'll whip his butt into shape.

haha nice job not calling them "Russian guys"

Is he really having issues in Nashville or are we talking about that one bad (really bad) line change?

But to answer your question, yes I would take him.

In theory, we might want to expect that he'd undergo the transformation Kovalchuk has in the past few years, becoming a team-first powerhouse of a player. But, I think Kostitsyn's issues are a little deeper than that, especially after seeing that horrible play he made the other day.

Nashville is not the Atlanta Thrashers, they are a very similar organization as us. If Kostitsyn is having issues at a team like Nashville, I think he might not fit in over here

In theory, we might want to expect that he'd undergo the transformation Kovalchuk has in the past few years, becoming a team-first powerhouse of a player. But, I think Kostitsyn's issues are a little deeper than that, especially after seeing that horrible play he made the other day.

Nashville is not the Atlanta Thrashers, they are a very similar organization as us. If Kostitsyn is having issues at a team like Nashville, I think he might not fit in over here

But we have Kovy, who is such a good leader. If he takes Kostitsyn under his wing, it could be a lot easier for him to get better.

Kovalchuk has made way worse plays than that.

That said, Kostitsyn just doesn't shoot the puck enough.  I guess he'd be a good fit with Clarkson, but if there's a guy who thinks pass first too often, it's him.

I said last year we should have gotten Semin and Kostitsyn then called it an offseason. (Although it was the other one lol)

I'd take Sergei too.

If he could be had for little, I'd say he's worth a shot as a Sykora replacement. Sykora was already pretty bad at playing d and was slow as molasses, so if Kostitsyn can bring that kind of offense and be a faster player, do it.