Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marshall

Devils trade for Matt D'Agostini (STL)

133 posts in this topic

love this deal....5th rounder is most likely nothing anyway and we get a solid player to stick on the 4th or 3rd line if needed

Lou has been working magic with dealing 5th rounders... Hopefully, D'agostini keeps it going.  I think he's either or going to fit or he's going to be another Butler.  To me, Butler seemed like he was uncoachable and didn't want to take to the Devils style and that was most likely the reason he ended up back in Albany to start the season.  Fingers crossed for D'agostini.

I'm sure line combo ideas have been posted, but I'm imagining something like this if/when we ever ice a fully healthy roster: Ponikarovsky-Loktionov-Kovalchuk Elias-Zajac-Clarkson Zubrus-Henrique-D'Agostini Carter-Gionta-Bernier Extras: Kostopolous, Barch

I'm sure line combo ideas have been posted, but I'm imagining something like this if/when we ever ice a fully healthy roster: Ponikarovsky-Loktionov-Kovalchuk Elias-Zajac-Clarkson Zubrus-Henrique-D'Agostini Carter-Gionta-Bernier Extras: Kostopolous, Barch

Id swap Zubrus with Poni. Poni was horrible on the first line for a few weeks, he weighed down Lokti and Kovy. Zubrus would be a better fit and Poni is best on the 3rd line.

Edited by Zubie#8

I don't know if D'Agostini is the answer but I'm in favor of at least giving him a shot on the wing opposite Elias in place of Clarkson. Why Clarkson remains almost a fixture with Elias is beyond me given how poorly they've fared together of late. The lack of right wingers may have prevented a change there but it shouldn't anymore.

Not sure if anyone posted yet or caught it but he was at least listed as #16 on the team website last night..

Not sure if anyone posted yet or caught it but he was at least listed as #16 on the team website last night..

See ya later Josefson?