Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SS#4-Life

Jagr?

73 posts in this topic

U101P200T1D269140F12DT20090908191754.jpg

U101P200T1D269140F8DT20090908191754.jpg

now I love these guys -- but do The Devils really need to sign them?

Edited by Pepperkorn

Asking price would be too high and I'm not sure I want more slow skaters on the team.

At the very least it would elevate Elias' play. That guy always seems to play his best when Jagr is on the ice....

Thought Jags looked great with the Flyers.. Slow, yes, but he's so skilled and very smart.. With Patty they would be a huge threat

He may be on the slow side but I'm thinking with his level of skill I wouldn't mind if we got him.. at this point he would do nothing but help this team.

Guys like Jagr is never a bust on ice, even if he's slow as snail. The only matters is the price, not the playing

Friedman is reporting today that Nieuwendyk would like to re-sign Jagr and that he's probably not available.  

Thought Jags looked great with the Flyers.. slow, yes, but he's so skilled and very smart. With Patty they would be a huge threat

If it's a trade that makes sense where the Devils don't get raped, it's a no-brain’er. The guys got 24 points in 29 games this season, and 54 points in 73 last year. (so it's not like he's just a product of Dallas)

Do we have a slight advantage based on Nieuwendyk, and the fact that Jagr enjoys the metro-area? -possibly. But Lou was never the type to mortgage the future, and I'd gather there are going to be other teams willing to overpay for JJ.

EDIT: The Devils have shown a propensity for giving seniors a shot, so the "age factor" matters little.. and the fans poking fun were the same ones doing cartwheels when we acquired Arnott, Shanahan, Sykora, etc.

I love these guys, but do the Devils really need to sign them?

..to sign them for a full year? -no. To rent him for 14 games???

Edited by Beezer34

If the price is right- absolutely. Jagr would make this team immensely better.

Lou wouldn't give him #68 so I don't think it's happening....

Lou wouldn't give him #68 so I don't think it's happening..

..ask Almo & Killer if that rule applies to HOF talent. If Jagr bacame a Devil he would be 68.

I'd be interested in Jagr but he's not going to be cheap unless Nieuwe give uncle Lou a break.

So we're buyers (Jagr)... and starting a rebuild? (Zidlicky)

I predict neither of those come true.

I would prefer this team to get younger rather then older. We are already one of the oldest (if not the oldest) teams in the NHL.

Someone like a Mike Cammalleri would be a great fit on this team. Young, a beast in the playoffs and could actually fit in our top six (or really on any top six.) Also presumably with the Flames going to be active at the deadline he might be easy to get. (Not sure if cheap but I doubt Cammalleri be an expensive option to be had)

Could we trade with Carolina and bring in Rod Brind'Amour?      Get Stevens out there too...    and then turn back the clock to ~1995.

Hold on, I'll post this on B/R and then it will be legit.

'Hot Rod and Great Scott!  Devils deals land time machine'

Edited by aylbert

I would prefer this team to get younger rather then older. We are already one of the oldest (if not the oldest) teams in the NHL.

Someone like a Mike Cammalleri would be a great fit on this team. Young, a beast in the playoffs and could actually fit in our top six (or really on any top six.) Also presumably with the Flames going to be active at the deadline he might be easy to get. (Not sure if cheap but I doubt Cammalleri be an expensive option to be had)

Young? He's 31.