Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheMazz

Jussi Jokinen To Be Put on Waivers

69 posts in this topic

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 19m
Hearing Jokinen, Wallace to go on waivers at noon.

https://twitter.com/ice_chip

What an amazing move that would end up being if Lou picks up Jokinen and STILL manages to get a top line forward/decent to high level return for a potential defenseman package.

My thoughts?

70g6x1.jpg

tumblr_inline_mgcds6qDa31rppkks.gif

jLAHbTj.gif

Grab Him. I wasnt expecting this. Semin signs and Off goes Jokinen?

Wouldn't someone else be able to get him first? Say, Nashville? (How many forwards have they picked up?)

Well we could use the shootout help. That's for sure.

Still though a Tallinder + Jokinen deal couldn't have been accomplished? I hope this isn't "sounds too good to be true" situation.

I think grabbing jokinen would be a huge move. But what's this Tallinder deal you guys are talking abouy

I think grabbing jokinen would be a huge move. But what's this Tallinder deal you guys are talking about

I think grabbing jokinen would be a huge move. But what's this Tallinder deal you guys are talking about

Wouldn't someone else be able to get him first? Say, Nashville? (How many forwards have they picked up?)

Anyone below us in the standings has the ability to claim him earlier than we do. The waiver order works backwards from the standing. 30th to 1st.

Good point by @bassmanfloyd: The #NJDevils already have 50 contracts so they'd have to move someone if they wanted to claim Jokinen.

https://twitter.com/ToddCordell/status/316575428804476928

By my count, the #NJDevils have the 16th waiver claim. So half the league will get a stab at Jokinen before they could.

https://twitter.com/ToddCordell/status/316573878463918080

Edited by Coorslight

I think grabbing jokinen would be a huge move. But what's this Tallinder deal you guys are talking abouy

It's just a hypothetical. The consensus by fans to my knowledge has basically been all season that a defenseman should be moved for a forward and Tallinder is the most expendable one we have.

Also the Devils need to waive someone as well? OK then goodbye Barch, Pesonen or Kostopolous

Edited by TheMazz

He's wrong.  The Devils are at 48 contracts.

I figured, more then likely you, would know lol I just didn't get a chance to ask before you answered. I thought it was mentioned the other day in another thread they had 48.

there's no way we land him, out of 16 teams in front some will pick him up for sure.

there's no way we land him, out of 16 teams in front some will pick him up for sure.

In a perfect world...if we DO land him. I'd love to see these lines:

Joki-Lokti-Kovy

Elias-Zajac-Clarkson

Zubrus-Henrique-D'Agostini

Poni-Carter-Bernier

Baby Gio and YaYo would become your extras at center and LW respectively. That depth we would have suddenly becomes unreal.

Edited by TheMazz

The Devils don't want him.  Their left wings are set.  Plus he's got a fairly sizable contract for next year.

The Devils don't want him.  Their left wings are set.  Plus he's got a fairly sizable contract for next year.

We have over 32,000,000 in cap space. I think we could afford Jussi Jokinen and re-sign our key players.

Well we could use the shootout help. That's for sure.

Still though a Tallinder + Jokinen deal couldn't have been accomplished? I hope this isn't "sounds too good to be true" situation.

Carolina's looking to shed payroll next year. Taking back Tallinder doesn't help that.

If he's still available - it would be so tempting.  Sometimes that's when Lou purposefully won't make the grab.  He hates it if it's too easy.

Maybe the rumor is going out to get some offers?

Doubt he makes it to us.

Jokinen-Lokti-D'Agostini

Elias-Zajac-Clarkson

Carter-Henrique-Bernier

mehhh

If he's still available - it would be so tempting. Sometimes that's when Lou purposefully won't make the grab. He hates it if it's too easy.

Maybe the rumor is going out to get some offers?

It's not a rumor, he's on waivers as of noon.

There's no way somebody else doesn't beat us to him

Carolina's looking to shed payroll next year. Taking back Tallinder doesn't help that.

This gives them the cap space to add a contract for next year, though.  Tallinder would be a great fit there, I'd really hate to deal him given that we're currently using 4 guys substantially worse than him.

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers...

2 people like this

He's playing Center with CAR this year I thought.

He was, and he was also winning a significant number of his face-offs.

FWIW - His cap hit is only $3 milliion

Edited by jagknife