Followers 0
SterioDesign

All trade deadline talks & rumours

610 posts in this topic

Ranger will acquire clowe per Renaud Lavoie

For a 2nd, 3rd and conditional 2nd

Clowe is slow and hasnt been that good for awhile

also hasn't scored yet this season

Yeah, Clowe for a 2nd, 3rd, and conditional 2nd if he re-signs.  I'd rather have Ponikarovsky and he was way cheaper.

Any news on the hemsky to NJ rumor????

You giving us another Єklund (2.3% accurate) rumor again?

Haven't heard a thing about Hemsky at all in weeks.

The Devils felt that they didn't want anyone playing who wasn't in training camp.  So far the only player to play for the Devils who wasn't invited to an NHL training camp is Matt Anderson (and maybe Loktionov).  Missing out on a 2nd round pick isn't the end of the world - 2nd round picks stink.  If they can get a 2014 3rd for Tallinder that'll be fine.

a 2nd pick could be another Elias, clarkson, Henrique, Dagostini, Loktionov... (well actually name all our roster except Kovy, Bernier, Brodeur, Zubrus, Volchenkov and Larsson..) in the future...

an old, slow and useless Volchenkov or Salvador will only become an older, slower and uselesser Volchenkov and Salvador.

a 2nd pick could be another Elias, clarkson, Henrique, Dagostini, Loktionov... (well actually name all our roster except Kovy, Bernier, Brodeur, Zubrus, Volchenkov and Larsson..) in the future...

an old, slow and useless Volchenkov or Salvador will only become an older, slower and uselesser Volchenkov and Salvador.

This is a false equivalency for a lot of reasons, but the biggest one is that no one is paying a 2nd round pick for Salvador or Volchenkov.

No one is taking Volch, period, unless they're desperate for floor bait, and who needs that right now?    You'd probably have to sweeten the pot to get rid of him.   They're either going to have to cut him a check or live with him.

You giving us another Єklund (2.3% accurate) rumor again?

Haven't heard a thing about Hemsky at all in weeks.

incarcerated bob rumor

Slightly off topic but does anyone know if there is a site that tracks how many draft picks per round/per year NHL teams currently have?

Yeah, Clowe for a 2nd, 3rd, and conditional 2nd if he re-signs.  I'd rather have Ponikarovsky and he was way cheaper.

totally agree - that's a lot for him. he's got a name but i just don't think he's that good.

As TG said, marty's got more goals than him.

Wow, gross overpayment by the Rangers for Clowe. Sather does it again!

If Clowe is worth that, Clarkson is worth a 1 + 

Like I said in another thread, I wouldn't have minded if we were in a selling position this year considering we are gonna lose our first. Clarkson is probably worth at least a first, tallinder/Zids could garner at least a second and Zubrus could be a valuable asset. 

incarcerated bob rumor

Once he got popular, he became as accurate as Єklund (2.3% accurate)

Yes, many don't like him at all. I did in the beginning.

He had Clowe to the Flyers, done, last night. He'll have a retraction and insults later.

incarcerated bob rumor

Incarcerated bob has no sources. He throws tons against the wall and sees if it sticks.

Wow, gross overpayment by the Rangers for Clowe. Sather does it again!

And slowly the rags continue their deterioration and their lack of chemistry.......... :giggle:

No one is taking Volch, period, unless they're desperate for floor bait, and who needs that right now?    You'd probably have to sweeten the pot to get rid of him.   They're either going to have to cut him a check or live with him.

Detroit needs another D Man. I'm sure they could be convinced to take Volchenkov.

Detroit needs another D Man. I'm sure they could be convinced to take Volchenkov.

It would put them over $50M for next year if they didn't take anything back, and that'd be without a goalie, since Howard is a UFA.

We'd have to take some garbage back, which kind of defeats the purpose unless JVB was looking to save cash money.

i just wish that Lou somehow and eventually can get us an impact player.

not just a typical cheap "devil kind of player" who will fit in the system and could from time to time produce when the stars are aligned. Seems like we have a bunch of those already lol

not just a typical cheap "devil kind of player" who will fit in the system and could from time to time produce when the stars are aligned. Seems like we have a bunch of those already lol

He already did.  Loktionov is 22 and playing at a really high level.

He already did.  Loktionov is 22 and playing at a really high level.

oh i know i LOVE Lokti but i meant his next move (most likely this summer if we can make room) we'll need more than Lokti in the future too

Agreed ! Aside from Kovy, no player on this team is going scare anyone..... seriously..... :dizzy:

Agreed ! Aside from Kovy, no player on this team is going scare anyone..... seriously..... :dizzy:

Well Elias seems to have mad respect from around the league and the Rangers will always fear Henrique lol