• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SterioDesign

All trade deadline talks & rumours

610 posts in this topic

Brassard looks decent. Generally speaking, Sather may have felt like he needed to make this trade. There's something wrong with the team; it may be Tortorella's system? Or a player like Gaborik? Sather is giving Tortorella the benefit of the doubt, and I'm not sure that's the greatest idea...

This just in: Lou sends his minestrone back to the kitchen! Quoted as sayin, "What trades? We're fine!"

Brassard is a solid player.

Yup I always liked him, I wanted him at the deadline last year.

Edited by Zubie#8

Well, teams are getting better. Lets see if Lou responds.

Brassard stinks.  They were going to have to clear out Gaborik anyway but I have to imagine Brassard gets amnestied during the off-season.  Dorsett is hurt for the year apparently.  Moore's a good prospect but still, he's nothing that special (yet).

Edited by Triumph

Gaborik was really in Tort's doghouse. He was playing pretty uninspired in New York.

Luongo just pulled from Canucks practice.

Edited by jagknife

So, the GMs in Minnesota and Columbus took advantage of a couple of weak GMs in NY and Buffalo that felt like they had to trade their stars because the fanbase said so. Good on them, the West just got a little harder...

this is it people 2:59p EST

We'll still hear stuff come out for the next 30 mins

/waits for board to explode for overpaying for rental player 

Still could have something announced in the next 30 mins.

I'm still hoping a Dman is moved, even if for picks.

Son of a biiiitch.. Lou must see something he wants in the offseason cuz there's no way he is that confident right now

Hope for something in the next several mins

If we did that Pominville trade I would have thrown my laptop out the door.    Hard to find equal value because our forwards are either above or below Larsson.   But let's say 1-2-Gelinas (using slot)-Wedgewood.

Son of a biiiitch.. Lou must see something he wants in the offseason cuz there's no way he is that confident right now

Hope for something in the next several mins

I'll hold out hope until 4, that was when the Hodgson-Kassian deal came down last year.

LOLuongo stays! hahah

I knew Lou would do absolutely nothing, heh. Unless a player is on the absolute cheap or we find a castoff with potential, nothing will happen. Unlike everyone here, he doesn't think this team needs any changes and is convinced of it.

I knew Lou would do absolutely nothing, heh. Unless a player is on the absolute cheap or we find a castoff with potential, nothing will happen. Unlike everyone here, he doesn't think this team needs any changes and is convinced of it.

Or maybe like other people here, he thinks it's pointless to blow away limited assets on something that isn't going anywhere anyway.    That Pominville trade is nasty.  Minnesota can eat it, they're deep, if we did that it would be a disaster.

Or maybe like other people here, he thinks it's pointless to blow away limited assets on something that isn't going anywhere anyway.    That Pominville trade is nasty.  Minnesota can eat it, they're deep, if we did that it would be a disaster.

Lou's biggest blind spot is goaltending and that's the team's biggest problem.  The rest of the team would certainly be helped out by a scoring winger acquisition.