GDT: NJ Devils @ FLA Panthers - 7:30pm - MSG+ and 1130AM

Colin226

A long time ago people that sat in section 119 at the Meadowlands used to give me crap when I wore my green sating NJD jacket.  When I wore it, they lost.  As for TV, similar happened during our not so good spans, in the past.  I am not watching the next game.  Maybe they will be able to get 2 points in regulation. :wacko:

Edited by StarDew

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the popular Devils websites are having problems. Fans are going apesh!t!

That OT goal was partially on Sal. He didn't play Kulikov close enough and was puck watching. He tried but was too late to get into position.

I don't know if it's laziness or what, but this team fVcking sucks.

Lou needs to make a move or something instead of trying to put bicycle patches on blow outs.

Sal was clueless on that OT goal, totally got caught watching the puck. Can't believe we're going to be stuck with him for another year after this, what a mind blowingly horrible contract and captaincy that was.

This team just has no backbone, no guts. They may have ended the slump, but they're still barely treading water. I didn't expect them to do much without Kovy and Zubrus, but..man...these two losses to two of the worst teams in the East were tough pills to swallow

The Devils will make the playoffs, but only because 8-15 in the East are absolutely and positively garbage this year. 6-8-6 in the last 20, and still 7th in the conference? Lolokay

All the popular Devils websites are having problems. Fans are going apesh!t!

That OT goal was partially on Sal. He didn't play Kulikov close enough and was puck watching. He tried but was too late to get into position.

I don't know if it's laziness or what, but this team fVcking sucks.

Lou needs to make a move or something instead of trying to put bicycle patches on blow outs.

Normally, I'd seize ANY opportunity to jump on Salvador but if ANYONE deserves to be crucified for his lack of anything resmelbing hockey IQ on the final play, its Clarkson.

That patch of snow was really threatening to produce a goal. He literally was lost and had that Mites on Ice look like "oh my god, there's the puck.... but I don't know what to do!" :headless chicken:

Wow, it crashed the site

First off it was a high stick, fvcking refs.

Second again they looked like chickens with their heads off in the final 2 minutes. Gionta playing in situations where he has literally no reach and is not going to deflect or tip a puck off the stick of anybody. What a disgrace that they couldn't clear the zone in the final 25 seconds. Scared cowards. Then you have Marty in OT who looks like an old man who just broke his stick, basically it takes him 12 hours to get up, and of course he loses his stick.

Zubrus needs to be back for the Isles game. Get your ass back on the ice. Wrist is fine.

No reason why we shouldn't have a 6 point cushion on the eight seed now with a chance to put our boot on their throats Monday. We've been lucky this weekend has somehow been a net gain for us because the Isles and Rags stink.

We're still technically set up pretty well. Win on Monday in regulation and we're 6 up on the  8 seed.

We may end up backing into this thing if the bottom falls out of either NYI or NYR (it's looking like NYR)

Sal was clueless on that OT goal, totally got caught watching the puck. Can't believe we're going to be stuck with him for another year after this, what a mind blowingly horrible contract and captaincy that was.

This team just has no backbone, no guts. They may have ended the slump, but they're still barely treading water. I didn't expect them to do much without Kovy and Zubrus, but..man...these two losses to two of the worst teams in the East were tough pills to swallow

The Devils will make the playoffs, but only because 8-15 in the East are absolutely and positively garbage this year. 6-8-6 in the last 20, and still 7th in the conference? Lolokay

didn't he sign for 3 years?

Here comes Mr. Positive. ;)

For the second straight night we have increased our 'cushion' on 8th-9th place. Big game Monday.

I still think this team has another level when fully healthy, make the playoffs and hope for the team to be healthy by then and anything can happen.

Edited by Zubie#8

The ONLY person to not play a body on the final goal was Clarktard.

[Probably the first time I've EVER used that phrase, normally, I wouldn't for it being so close to the other R-word, but his play tonight has show how much he's regressed and I apologize for any that may be offended]

Edited by jagknife

[Probably the first time I've EVER used that phrase, normally, I wouldn't for it being so close to the other R-word, but his play tonight has show how much he's regressed and I apologize for any that may be offended]

He is terrible when he is not scoring. Absolutely useless.

He is terrible when he is not scoring. Absolutely useless.

He has no clue how to pass the puck, no idea where the puck might be around him...I can't think of how many times, in the offensive zone the puck is right behind him and he has his back to it just aimlessly skating god knows where. He is the biggest caveman hockey play I have ever seen. His game is so simplistic.

We will all forgive you as clarkson has given us nothing for at least the past 20 games. I don't care what he would be on track for if it was a 82 game season but the fact is he is contributing nothing these days.

He has no clue how to pass the puck, no idea where the puck might be around him...I can't think of how many times, in the offensive zone the puck is right behind him and he has his back to it just aimlessly skating god knows where. He is the biggest caveman hockey play I have ever seen. His game is so simplistic.

I'm beyond sick of watching him try and FAIL that stupid inside-out toe drag move then have the Clarkson Shocked face when it's poked away.

We will all forgive you as clarkson has given us nothing for at least the past 20 games. I don't care what he would be on track for if it was a 82 game season but the fact is he is contributing nothing these days.

He's contributing plenty of scoring chances for the opposition. He really needs to be pulled off the power play unit. He doesn't even get to the gritty areas, he sets up shop off to the side, then doesn't even make aggressive move to get in front.

That holding call was one of the dumbest hockey plays I've ever seen. As if he wasn't going to be caught. then the shocked look.

Maybe he should take some lessons from the Hockey in Newark kids. At least they wouldn't quit.

Wow, it crashed the site

First off it was a high stick, fvcking refs.

Second again they looked like chickens with their heads off in the final 2 minutes. Gionta playing in situations where he has literally no reach and is not going to deflect or tip a puck off the stick of anybody. What a disgrace that they couldn't clear the zone in the final 25 seconds. Scared cowards. Then you have Marty in OT who looks like an old man who just broke his stick, basically it takes him 12 hours to get up, and of course he loses his stick.

Zubrus needs to be back for the Isles game. Get your ass back on the ice. Wrist is fine.

No reason why we shouldn't have a 6 point cushion on the eight seed now with a chance to put our boot on their throats Monday. We've been lucky this weekend has somehow been a net gain for us because the Isles and Rags stink.

We're still technically set up pretty well. Win on Monday in regulation and we're 6 up on the  8 seed.

We may end up backing into this thing if the bottom falls out of either NYI or NYR (it's looking like NYR)

Carolina's still lurking around too, with all those games in hand although they just came off a long losing streak themselves.

The Devils have won four regulation games in their last twenty, that's god-awful (6-8-6 overall, two SO wins).

anybody also notice that the "icing" that set up the faceoff in our end with 30 seconds was complete BS as well. The florida defender ticked the puck as it went by him

Carolina's still lurking around too, with all those games in hand although they just came off a long losing streak themselves.

The Devils have won four regulation games in their last twenty, that's god-awful (6-8-6 overall, two SO wins).

yea. Carolina I can never count out. But we're 5 up on them and they don't exactly have an easy schedule. Plus Peeters in net

On the plus side though, when we lose we still find a way to get points out of it...however bad they look

But 4 regulation wins in their last twenty is horrific. That's mid 80's bad

Edited by '7'

I have a broken closet door now thanks to these worthless a$$holes.

lol thank goodness I'm usually not destructive.  The worst I ever did in terms of lashing out physically was punch a wall when Blowenweis gave up a HR in Game #162 to kill the Mets in '08.  I punched it with the side of my fist though so I wasn't going to break anything.

Edited by NJDevs4978