Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Devs1965

Crosby out indefinitely per NHL .com

17 posts in this topic

They havnt given a time frame but surgery on a broken jaw can be 6-8 weeks. On top of that they just announced Martin is out 4-6 weeks.

It's remarkable but the Pens lose their best player and a top 4 D Man and they're still actually in really good shape.

Shame that he will have only played 99 games total in the last 3 seasons.  Bruce Arthur tweeted that Crosby has 45 goals and 92 assists in his last 82 regular season games. 

Edited by devilsrule33

I also winced but it was a mouthful of teeth, question I wonder is with the cap the way it is next year will Iginla get that chance to really play with Sid?

Edit: I wonder if there is any damage as far as concussion goes, he is a player that is real prone, that was one wicked shot to the head!

Edited by Devs1965

Bruce Arthur tweeted that Crosby has 45 goals and 92 assists in his last 82 games.

That's...just crazy. Wow.

I know they said he doesn't have any concussion symptoms but I'm still paranoid a bit. I hope he ends up fine, having multiple concussions sucks.

This is not a positive for us short term...we need pittsburgh to beat the Rags in regulation the next couple of games, so it would help if they were at full strength. Granted they may do it anyway with how putrid the Rangers are playing

I dont see any reason why the pens shouldnt beat the rags with or with out crosby

Steven Stamkos just left the ice groaning in some pain w/ head medical trainer Tom Mulligan; didn't see what happened, will know more soon

on the injury front

That has to hurt so FREAKING bad. Orpik must feel pretty awful about that. Accidents happen  :(