GDT New Jersey Devils vs. The Isles 7pm MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

If we all know the team is a low (6-9) seed team coming in to the season, why does everyone get so upset when they play like a 6-9 seed?

Dude, seriously that first twenty minutes was totally noncompetitive. It was MacLean level bad. The fact DeBoer had to use his timeout in the first ten minutes twice in a week is a really bad sign. Like someone else said, it's generous to say they're playing like even a bubble team.

Today is a nightmare scenario. We lose, Rangers win...playoff spot hanging by 2 pts. That's it. This team is just gutless and punchless. And that softie to Hamonic really broke our spines. Marty is really great at that, giving up backbreakers at the worst possible time. We needed a strong start but the tag team of Brodeur/Salvador made sure that wasn't going to happen.

The Isles are a better team than us. They have far better forwards, better goaltending, and mobile D that can score. There D isn't quite as good as covering but who cares. They will pass the Devils like they're standing still in the standings.

Edited by '7'

We have no scoring. Mediocre defence, almost no productions from the D, were generaly slow, bad PP, mediocre PK, inconstant goaltending, our forecheck is nowhere near what it was last seasn, deboer is making questionable decisions every week. Were bad in OT and were terrible in SO.

Sorry not trying to be a downer or jump off a cliff but what can we built on in term of staying positive?

I'd honestly prefer Lou recognize what this team is, and act appropriately at the deadline.

And by that, frankly, I mean they should be sellers. Ditch as many of the D as you can for picks, create space for next year. This team is a loser team right now, I'd be very surprised if they make the playoffs.

Dude, seriously that first twenty minutes was totally noncompetitive. It was MacLean level bad. The fact DeBoer had to use his timeout in the first ten minutes twice in a week is a really bad sign. Like someone else said, it's generous to say they're playing like even a bubble team.

No they are playing terrible a lot of the time. Little flashes of competency here and there, but no confidence in their game at all. They were hanging on for a while, but Kovy going down seems to have knocked them off the cliff.

They could still back into the playoffs (probably will), but it won't be pretty with this kind of play.

I'd honestly prefer Lou recognize what this team is, and act appropriately at the deadline.

And by that, frankly, I mean they should be sellers. Ditch as many of the D as you can for picks, create space for next year. This team is a loser team right now, I'd be very surprised if they make the playoffs.

I think that is a perfect idea. Trade some of the dead weight for picks since NJ has the draft. Bring up some of the younger talent from the AHL to give them some experience.

Gutless fvcking jerk-off team this is. They can all go fvck themselves.

Sure, it's the only the same team that went to the Cup finals last year minus Kovalchuk and Parise and with some of the worst goaltending in the league, but fvck em anyway. 

. Oh knock it the fvck off. I'm frustrated, and I'm venting. I fvcking hate it when people take every little fvcking thing literally.

No they are playing terrible a lot of the time. Little flashes of competency here and there, but no confidence in their game at all. They were hanging on for a while, but Kovy going down seems to have knocked them off the cliff.

They could still back into the playoffs (probably will), but it won't be pretty with this kind of play.

They have one player left on IR. One. Granted the one is like half the offense but every team's got injuries.

The amusing part was when 19 guys stunk in the first period Clueless Clarkson was the only one actually playing well. Then when they actually played better Clarkson went back to being clueless. And was still getting double shifted. I kept checking Twitter to see who got hurt.

They have one player left on IR. One. Granted the one is like half the offense but every team's got injuries.

The amusing part was when 19 guys stunk in the first period Clueless Clarkson was the only one actually playing well. Then when they actually played better Clarkson went back to being clueless. And was still getting double shifted. I kept checking Twitter to see who got hurt.

Kostopolous