Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jagknife

Devils acquire Steve Sullivan

160 posts in this topic

Another guy I thought might be on the radar.  Underlying numbers aren't terrible.  Not sure where he fits on the team as constituted but pushing guys like Tedenby further to the periphery is always good.

And the former devils returns keep coming. Low price paid, but we have now too many 3rd-4th line players for 2 lines. 

finally a trade!

he puts up some good numbers

I like this move. He isn't going to score alot but he's closer to a 2nd line winger than dago. And only a 7th rounder got traded so I'm happy with this

Another guy I thought might be on the radar.  Underlying numbers aren't terrible.  Not sure where he fits on the team as constituted but pushing guys like Tedenby further to the periphery is always good.

After hearing Kowalsky's comments about keeping his minutes down, I don't think there's any danger of Tedenby being recalled this season.

He's still playing?

Exactly my reaction. 

Have to say I can't see how he will fit with the current line-up, but for a 7th, might as well.

I like this move. He isn't going to score alot but he's closer to a 2nd line winger than dago. And only a 7th rounder got traded so I'm happy with this

This was going to be my question: could he play 2nd line, RW?

After hearing Kowalsky's comments about keeping his minutes down, I don't think there's any danger of Tedenby being recalled this season.

Guys 'like' Tedenby.  The Devils have zero depth in Albany - they've built up the NHL depth a bit, and have increased it with Sullivan.

I can hear the exhaustive huffing and puffing from all the geriatrics on the bench right now. Screw it! Get Langenbrunner and Arnott while we're at it!

In the immortal words of Marv Albert...YESS!!!!

Really, my reaction was the same as some others who previously posted..."this guy still plays in the league?"

Edited by Chuck the Duck

That guy already undress my pair at the seniort tournament in St bruno de guigues when he was 16 years old.

I feel like we have way too many players and not enough of the right kind and I'm not sure this helps. I suppose it's good that Steve Sullivan gets to end his career where he began it though.

I feel like we have way too many players and not enough of the right kind and I'm not sure this helps. I suppose it's good that Steve Sullivan gets to end his career where he began it though.

1002 GP and 742 PTS.  +97 for his career.  Not too bad for a guy picked 233rd overall in 1994, in the 9th round.