Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jagknife

Devils acquire Steve Sullivan

160 posts in this topic

You know the transaction was a tiny one.. .when you aren't talking about the player since Page 3...

The Usual Marty TakeOver !

You know the transaction was a tiny one.. .when you aren't talking about the player since Page 3...

I'll talk about Sullivan! lol

He still has very good speed, a nice shot, and he is good on the powerplay. Too bad he is a fossil.

I'll talk about Sullivan! lol

He still has very good speed, a nice shot, and he is good on the powerplay. Too bad he is a fossil.

Him being a fossil means nothing in the short term...   if we resign him, I'd be far more concerned about age. 

Edited by aylbert

You know transaction is a tiny one when he will only play in Saturday (meanwhile all the new Rags somehow already played on the same day they got acquired)

assuming you're talking about how fayne might be the odd man out. I agree he's good and probably our 2nd or 3rd best defenseman. it didn't stop deboer from scratching him 10 times this year. he's a very cheap top 4 defenseman with one year of team control left. that can bring a decent amount back in return.

lou is not just gonna role this same team out there next year with maybe different version of sykora/d'agostini/kostopolous/darche/non-roster invite vet. last year's cup run was the reason this team was so similar. had florida won game 7, this team is much different i think - even starting with CBGB and from there out. you can be sure that salvador isn't here - or at least not on that contract.

It's amazing to think about what would've happened if Florida won game 7. We'd be an almost entirely different franchise, we'd still be in financial trouble and lack attendance.

Honestly, I think the Rangers could've had a 75% chance at winning the Cup if Florida makes it to round 2 and we don't...

You know transaction is a tiny one when he will only play in Saturday (meanwhile all the new Rags somehow already played on the same day they got acquired)

And Jagr played last night for Boston.

What is the hold-up with Sullivan?

Edited by 95Crash

Paper work issue releasing him for the Old Folks Home

It's amazing to think about what would've happened if Florida won game 7. We'd be an almost entirely different franchise, we'd still be in financial trouble and lack attendance.

Honestly, I think the Rangers could've had a 75% chance at winning the Cup if Florida makes it to round 2 and we don't...

Getting to the Cup Finals yes (especially since they own the Flyers, who they would have wound up playing in the ECF most likely), but they weren't beating the Kings last year either.  

Supposedly they didn't want to rush him into a game cause he played for Phoenix the night before (all of nine minutes) and were worried about his back so they just sent him to NJ to get the physical and didn't want to shuttle him from Phx-NJ-Bos.

He will be 1st line right wing tonight with Elias and Loktionov. I wouldnt be surprised if he impresses. He plays good with talent, just like last season in Pittsburgh. He might do very well with Elias and Lokti.