It's time for Kovalchuk to step up and play hurt

'7'

Saturday will be week 2 of what...a 2-4 week injury (or was it 2-3 weeks?) regardless, it's not like he just got hurt yesterday, he's had some time to heal and his legs are fine. He can still skate.

This team is desperate for some kind of scoring threat out there. They are trying to piece it together in any way possible and nothing is working. Just having him out there at 80% is better than any other offensive presence on this team. It gives the other team somebody that must be respected

The Devils have taking this putrid no-offense play as far as they can. It's crunch time now, we're out of the playoffs. All hands on deck....no more babying. Get Kovy out on the ice. Get him his injections, his oxycontin. Whatever he needs...he just needs to play

Kovy is out until training camp next year. Mark my words. He has a separated shoulder and most likely requires surgery. The Devils are tight lipped about it (not sure why, since the training deadline has passed).

He won't be back for CERTAIN, during this regular season. Guaranteed.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when Jagr blew off his moronic shoulder injury and came back against us? That went great. A player on the ice that basically can't shoot isn't very useful.

I still laugh at the fact he blew it up trying to hit Pando. Not to mention the crowd booing the **** out of Luko in Game 4 when he touched him with a feather and he blew it out again going into the boards.

The Devils timetables are never, ever, ever accurate. Whatever the back end of the supposed diagnosis is, add a week or two. Just like with Zubrus.

Seriously, when the Devils say a player is going to be out 2-4 weeks, take that number and multiply it by 10 to get the actual timetable.

I don't know if he has a seperated shoulder or not, but I can tell you I did something very similar in a men's league game a few months ago when an opponent tripped me after I beat him in a race to the puck and I went shoulder first into the boards.  It felt like I seperated the shoulder and I couldn't move my arm at all without pain or raise it above 90 degrees for a week.  However, it was not seperated and the doctor described it as one of the worst contusions he had ever seen.  It took about 3-4 weeks to get full range of motion back and the pain to completely subside.  Hopefully for Kovy's sake his injury is just a sprain, but it is definitely possible for him to do what he did and not have a seperated shoulder requiring surgery.   

Wow, "7" this is just silly.

We don't have the horses to go deep in the playoffs IMO, why sacrifice Kovy long term unneccesarily.

Last year, we played our best team game, when he was out.   It's time for the team to rise up, right now...without him.

Wow, "7" this is just silly.

We don't have the horses to go deep in the playoffs IMO, why sacrifice Kovy long term unneccesarily.

Last year, we played our best team game, when he was out.   It's time for the team to rise up, right now...without him.

what? 

We finish in 10th place in the East. Guaranteed.

Why we didn't auction off Clarkson to get some needed draft picks in return is beyond me.

Who in their right mind would give up any draft picks worth anything to get Clarkson as he's been playing now?

If anything, they can wait until the summer, give him a FULL training camp with a new team and hope he finds his touch then. Getting him now would hurt any team than help it.

Who in their right mind would give up any draft picks worth anything to get Clarkson as he's been playing now?

If anything, they can wait until the summer, give him a FULL training camp with a new team and hope he finds his touch then. Getting him now would hurt any team than help it.

Yeah because teams are so good at scouting.  That's why Douglas Murray and Robyn Regehr got traded for as much as they did.  

Clarkson is still the best scoring forward on the team and he shouldn't have gone anywhere.

Clarkson is still the best scoring forward on the team and he shouldn't have gone anywhere.

You mean that statistically speaking & not based on performance, right?

All I'm saying is his inconsistent play as of late wouldn't have netted much. He is not playing well by anyone's standards.

This is fvcking STUPID your kidding us! you know if Kovy could play he would be there so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we cant win fvckings game wihtout our franchise player like ottawa did we dont deserve post season and that it!

We finish in 10th place in the East.  Guaranteed. 

Why we didn't auction off Clarkson to get some needed draft picks in return is beyond me.

Because Clarkson will resign at a decent price, knowing he's blown half this season. He signs for less than $4M and that's fine. Also, once again, the buyouts are coming and I have a feeling Lou is waiting for that.

I seriously doubt he looks at this team and says, they don't need another top 6 winger, nah, it's fine. He knows we need it. He just couldn't get one for nothing by deadline day, but in UFA this offseason, he'll be able to find one without giving up players.