GDT: Your New Jersey Devils Devils vs. The Toronto Maple Leafs

Zubie#8

Larsson feels the same way my friend.. I like harrold yes but Larason, Fayne and Greene need be their specially Adam I hope we not slowly losing him but again that comes with Lou more then Pete. If lou felt Pete was wrong larsson would be in the games.

Tg had a good article on it with him admitting it's hurting his confidence and development. And it might come back to bite us in the ass I fear

the last time Larsson showed me he's the real deal was that playoff game against Philly, when he walked in and buried that goal.........and that was a long time ago.

Barely gets played. Can't we send him to the AHL so he can at least play?

Rather see Larsson and Fayne in there getting experience than Tallinder and Vochenkov. Hell at this point I'd like to see one of Gelinas or Urbom getting some ice time. I really hope Lou lets Harrold and Zidlicky walk this summer and buyout at least one of Tallinder or Volch if not both.

Like this team would have gone far in the playoffs anyways....I feel for the fans that have to watch this crap live.

This team is old and slow and just can't compete,something needs to be done to right this mess of a team...but I'm sure nothing will be.

Eh I only have three, maybe four of these games left (wasn't planning to go on the 23rd but that'll be tougher to sell by the day).  That's the only good thing about a shortened season, a bad thing can die fast.

Rather see Larsson and Fayne in there getting experience than Tallinder and Vochenkov. Hell at this point I'd like to see one of Gelinas or Urbom getting some ice time. I really hope Lou lets Harrold and Zidlicky walk this summer and buyout at least one of Tallinder or Volch if not both.

It's to the point where it's going to be too late for Larsson to get anything real out of this season by the time he gets back in the lineup.  Whatever Pete or anyone else wants to say about the defense keeping the shots down, the transition game is total ass.  God forbid we ever take Harrold out of the lineup cause he plays the point on the PP, has he actually done ONE good thing on the PP this year?  It's been a long time since anyone has really but still :P

Well my friends and I ran into Chico after the game. Even Chico agreed that we're positively finished beyond a reasonable doubt if we lose tomorrow. I tend to think we're already finished, but I assume that's still a subject for debate. All I know is this team couldn't score in a whore house with a roll of Benjamins. And watching them is like a slow form of torture these days. Other than that, I got nothing. Only a month and half til the draft. Woot.

Well my friends and I ran into Chico after the game. Even Chico agreed that we're positively finished beyond a reasonable doubt if we lose tomorrow. I tend to think we're already finished, but I assume that's still a subject for debate. All I know is this team couldn't score in a whore house with a roll of Benjamins. And watching them is like a slow form of torture these days. Other than that, I got nothing. Only a month and half til the draft. Woot.

Yeah I thought tonight was pretty much the breaking point, especially with the Rangers and Isles winning again and us having another automatic loss coming up on Wednesday.  What a novelty, taking advantage of other crap teams on your schedule.  Wish we'd done that more often.

666 probably cursed us, haven't won a game since then :blink:

Edited by NJDevs4978

They were finished after they dropped both games they should have won in Florida.    You can't make the playoffs by constantly losing.   The luck they had in the teams around them not getting away from them, it's over.   Isles and Rangers are both 3 clear.    They could fall all the way to 14th depending on how the schedule works out.   Probably not because there will be forced losses.

They were finished after they dropped both games they should have won in Florida.    You can't make the playoffs by constantly losing.   The luck they had in the teams around them not getting away from them, it's over.   Isles and Rangers are both 3 clear.    They could fall all the way to 14th depending on how the schedule works out.   Probably not because there will be forced losses.

Yep. In other words... Turn out the lights. The party's over.

Yep. In other words... Turn out the lights. The party's over.

I mean there's always a chance as long as the effort is there, but they couldn't score in a whorehouse.    Keep losing and eventually the effort will turn off and you'll have December 2010 all over again.

Well Marty can't score either. These last two aren't on him. Can't buy a goal..

the garbage breakaway bullsh!t is ALL on marty. He stops that and we still have a chance. That wasn't even a shot.

The first goal was pure bad luck...but what else is new. We never get that kind of bounce/deflection when we just throw it at the net. NEVER!

1. Zajac is an offensive blackhole

2. Brodeur overcommits positionally way too much. The second goal was a good example of this. He's practically out of the crease when the puck goes in...for no damn reason.

3. Why the hell is Gionta getting so much ice time when we are desperately trying to score? Poni had a good first and second period but didnt get ice time in the third. DeBoer is losing it.

Okay, here's the deal. Since the Devils swept the back-to-back Pens series, NJ has won 7 of the last 26 contests. They've played 17 one-goal games and won 6 of them. They play 7 of the final 10 games against teams currenty in the playoffs. Short of a miraculous turnaround, the season looks pretty grim from here on out. But hey, at least the draft is in NJ this year ... so that's something. Right?

2 words are the cause for all of this..."status quo". We need more than that to be a playoff team.

My issues...

- Why didn't we sign a power forward after the departure Z.P.

- Why sign moose to a 2 year deal? I would of signed Marty to a 3yr deal, moose to a 1yr deal and brought up a goalie for mentoring.

- Stop with the "status quo" players and work on package trades.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Blaming Brodeur for these last 2 losses is like blaming the deck chairs on the Titanic for its sinking. This offense is utterly inept. The power play is beyond a joke at this point. And trying to make guys like Bernier and Gionta play roles and minutes well beyond their abilities just doesn't work.

That's a hell of a metaphor. Bravo Ser!