GDT: Kill Bull. NJ @ Buffalo 7:30 EST

Devil Fan

The Devils have 24 losses.

Fire.

fvcking.

Debour.

7 in a row.

Second 6+ losing streak of the season.

Only team in the league to have two 6 game losing streaks.

Brodeur hasn't won a game since 666.

All the confidence from last year, the playoff run and losing a Cup final by two games which could have went either way, will be GONE after this season.

What a waste.

Just when I think this team is finally going to start owning teams like the Rangers again they miss the playoffs after a Cup run.

Sure blame it on the injuries because Ottawa hasn't had to deal with it either.

Worst year ever and I wish it never started.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to surpass the Isles. Rangers are playing very good hockey since they added forward depth.

That might be the path of least resistance, but in theory we could win out and the islanders could still be on top of us, the only playoff team we can pass by our own merits is the rangers. Obviously at this point "controlling destiny" is just academic, as we don't need to go 9-0 to make it, but with all the gloom I thought a little perspective might help.

Fire.

fvcking.

Debour.

7 in a row.

All the confidence from last year, the playoff run and losing a Cup final by two games which could have went either way, will be GONE after this season.

What a waste.

Just when I think this team is finally going to start owning teams like the Rangers again they miss the playoffs after a Cup run.

Yes, lets fire the coach that led us to the Stanley Cup less than a year ago, and is trying to make the best of a difficult situation regarding the forward group. Yes, fail to mention that the Devils are beating themselves and are not being dominated. Yes, fail to mention that they are underachieving right now and that they deserve better. Yes, worry about the Rangers for whatever reason...

Fans like you are terrible. Dont watch hockey if you wish it never started.

Edited by Zubie#8

Fire.

fvcking.

Debour.

7 in a row.

What a waste.

Yeah okay, fire DeBoer because Parise walked, Kovy and Marty got hurt and a few other guys have underachieved.

Fire.

fvcking.

Debour.

7 in a row.

What a waste.

no confidence? we played so well tonight.. even dominated at times.

you would be the worst GM ever. just overreacting and firing left and right.

even if this is a lost season, you gotta keep PDB.  

Fire.

fvcking.

Debour.

7 in a row.

What a waste.

Ottawa has lost 4 in a row, and we play them Friday so they are potentially a team we can leapfrog. This team wasn't all that great last year either, we finished 6th (albeit a very comfortable 6th). We lost Broduer for a long stretch, we're missing Kovy now, we lost Parise in the off season and as it turns out Zajac is not having an impact year. There's really nothing to suggest that we should be doing better then last year and I still think we can finish 6 or 7th.

Hockey is the greatest sport in the world and is my passion. I hate when I see 'fans' say something like that because the team is struggling. I went to EVERY single game during the Maclean season and I enjoyed every bit of it, the ups and downs. The emotions. Why? Because I love hockey, I love the Devils. Get the heck out of here if you are not a fan of the sport. This board makes me mad, not the team.

Let's not jump all over him. PDB has made some terrible coaching decisions. Claude Julien got sh!tcanned for much less than what PDB has done.

Other than the way he's handled Larsson and Fayne (and that's as much if not more on Lou for having our eight-man merry-go-round on D to begin with) what exactly is a fireable offense a year after getting to the Finals?  Not starting Kinkaid or Frazee one or two lousy games?  When you're benching guys to get a spark and your alternatives are Josefson and Kostopolus there ain't much he can do up front, and those guys are an upgrade compared to what was in the starting lineup for much of the season.

I'm actually amazed they haven't caved in yet, I don't think I've ever seen a three-game stretch of this kind of futility offensively with those kind of shot totals.  Not to mention with that coming on the heels of two months of losing.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Other than the way he's handled Larsson and Fayne (and that's as much if not more on Lou for having our eight-man merry-go-round on D) what exactly is a fireable offense a year after getting to the Finals?

I'm not saying PDB should be fired, but I don't think someone saying PDB should be fired should have a bunch of people jump all over him. PDB has fvcked up quite a bit. The TB game, 15 seconds left, anyone? Gio being a PKer. Questionable shootout choices. Starting Hedberg day in and day out.

lol at the shootout choices.  Our goalies haven't stopped a beach ball in the shootout for much of this year anyway.  And it ain't like we're choosing between great options to shoot.  Everyone wanted him to pick Loiktionov for the SO, the one time he did he had the most pathetic attempt on goal ever.  They've tried Henrique, they've tried Zajac, hell they've tried Clarkson.  You can't score if you don't have the talent on the roster.

Yeah he had Gio on the ice and they blew a game in Tampa, big whoop.  The next night he had Zajac on the ice and they still blew a game anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Back to the game...

Zubrus was our best player out there tonight, amazing puck possession, great transition, smart play making. We missed him a lot.

Elias looks frustrated, hopefully he goes on a tear soon. He had some chemistry with Sullivan which is good.

Zajac, black hole. Henrique, where the hell are you.

Josefson had a strong game, he should stay in the lineup.

Clarkson looked more confident, making better decisions.

Sal Volch, :doh1:

I would go with...

Elias Zajac Sullivan

Henrique Loktionov Clarkson

Ponikarovsky Josefson Zubrus

Carter Gionta Bernier

Ideally I want Dags on that 4th line with Carter centering and Gio out, but PDB wont go for that.

Edited by Zubie#8

Agreed about Josefson, thought he played very well. He seems faster every time he comes back, which is something the team really needs, especially with Kovalchuk out. Come to think of it, who is fast on the Devils now?

I bet JJ would be in the lineup for the remainder of the season if it weren't for D'Agostini or the obsession with keeping the CBGB line together. Unfortunately, I don't see him staying up here much longer.

Ok you guys are saying dont fire PDB.

Well someone in management needs to be fired because if we're not going to blame the coach we have to blame whoever signed Kovalchuk because now the team can't afford to sign anyone right?

Parise walks because of it and now if Kovalchuk gets hurt the team is finished for the year?

Unacceptable.

Teams have won with a lot less than what the Devils have.

Yes the last three games could have all been wins, bad bounces and good goaltending, posts and whatever other excuse stopped that from happening but there HAS to be some explanation as to why this team has lost 6 games and 7 games in a row twice this season.

Brodeur made a mistake with the windmill try tonight but other than that he's been great and the Devils should have been able to win pretty much every game they've lost during this stretch so my point is someone has to be blamed for this.

You can't fire all the players.

It starts at the top.

Deboer being fired u love saying that just shut up with that already. you're not a real fan at all.

Not a real fan because my opinion differs from yours.

Okie dokie.

My argument holds TONS of water.

Sorry Pete, these are the players you were given..they are out shooting everyone and playing with solid effort but it clearly isn't good enough and something has to change aaaaand it's you Pete so, c ya.

Lou is at the top

. Parise was gone with or without kovy the deal Lou made didn't matter his mind was made up before that offer was sent to him. So many are struggle this year. Detroit is, fire the best coach in the game because one struggle season for them? Like us he lost the biggest momentum spark for their team. Get over it already and zip it

Ok you guys are saying dont fire PDB.

Well someone in management needs to be fired because if we're not going to blame the coach we have to blame whoever signed Kovalchuk because now the team can't afford to sign anyone right?

Parise walks because of it and now if Kovalchuk gets hurt the team is finished for the year?

Unacceptable.

Teams have won with a lot less than what the Devils have.

Yes the last three games could have all been wins, bad bounces and good goaltending, posts and whatever other excuse stopped that from happening but there HAS to be some explanation as to why this team has lost 6 games and 7 games in a row twice this season.

Brodeur made a mistake with the windmill try tonight but other than that he's been great and the Devils should have been able to win pretty much every game they've lost during this stretch so my point is someone has to be blamed for this.

You can't fire all the players.

It starts at the top.

Okie dokie.

Sorry Pete, these are the players you were given..they are out shooting everyone and playing with solid effort but it clearly isn't good enough and something has to change aaaaand it's you Pete so, c ya.

:haha2:  not even worth anyones time, good night.

STFU about firing Petey D.  Stupid.

This team is close to being drowned under the water, they're slightly just above.  Gasping for air.  We need to win the majority of the rest of our games to get in.  Rags and Isles are playing well and we can't get a fvcking win.  

Okie dokie.

Clown.

Please for the love of God just trade in whatever Devils jerseys and other goodies you have for Crosby and Malkin jerseys.  Like I said in the "We suck" thread, I don't have a problem with fans criticizing the team, even if they tend to trivialize and oversimplify things while doing it.  But the entitled schleps like you, who think it's their friggin' birthright to contend for a Stanley Cup every single season...beyond annoying. 

I'll readily admit I don't have much confidence in this group...just feels like it's not their year, but the fact is they're just two points out of the final playoff spot, and the teams ahead of them aren't locks to leave the Devils in the dust, so I'm still hopeful.  The funny thing is, for all the bitching and moaning that goes on regarding their on-ice deficiencies (and some of it is DEFINITELY deserved...it's a hard group to watch), it's really come down to the shootout for this team.  They really miss that extra point they used to pick up 65% of the time in the shootout before this season.  If they were 6-3 instead of 2-7...suddenly that 15-14-10 record is 19-14-6, and this team has 44 points.  Clearly they'd still be in a dogfight for a lower seed, but now we're being constantly reminded what it's like NOT to be able to feast on those extra shootout points.

Back to the game...

Zubrus was our best player out there tonight, amazing puck possession, great transition, smart play making. We missed him a lot.

Elias looks frustrated, hopefully he goes on a tear soon. He had some chemistry with Sullivan which is good.

Zajac, black hole. Henrique, where the hell are you.

Josefson had a strong game, he should stay in the lineup.

Clarkson looked more confident, making better decisions.

Sal Volch, :doh1:

I would go with...

Elias Zajac Sullivan

Henrique Loktionov Clarkson

Ponikarovsky Josefson Zubrus

Carter Gionta Bernier

Ideally I want Dags on that 4th line with Carter centering and Gio out, but PDB wont go for that.

thought bernier played well

take away that miscommunication pass turnover and greene played real solid

sal is  hurt. he looks in pain while striding

Larsson takes some big hits 2 times every game now along the side boards