Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mitico12

Eddie Olczyk / Pierre McGuire

11 posts in this topic

So, Volchy's hit was not "kosher," but instantly Olczyk and McGuire start talking "major penalty" and "suspension"...

They don't even see the replay...

What a bunch of douches...(includes Volchy himself)

it should be a game and no more. Clear elbow, but his feet were on the ice when contact was made. I kind of expect two games because it's us.

It's going to piss me off thought since the Rick Nash flying elbow from behind against Florida weeks ago resulted in no suspension...but the league will gleefully throw the book at a Devil

Isn't McGuire the bonehead who claimed the Flyers "have the Devils exactly where they want them" in that beatdown second period of game two of last year's playoff series?

You know...the period where the Devils lived in the Flyers zone, got countless scoring opportunities and only allowed something like 2-3 shots on net.

"The Flyers are comfortable with this kind of game..."

Dude, the 1984 Oilers wouldn't have been comfortable with that kind of game...

McGuire is knowledgeable about the sport, but he's such a jackass.

Volch probably gets at least 3 games I bet, he's a 'repeat offender' after his blatant elbow against Carolina last year.

McGuire is knowledgeable about the sport, but he's such a jackass.

Volch probably gets at least 3 games I bet, he's a 'repeat offender' after his blatant elbow against Carolina last year.

I don't think he's a repeat offender since that elbow was more than 18 months ago.

but that was a bullsh!t 3 games. MAYBE 1 was warranted...or no games and a fine. But look at this again. He barely gets the elbow out there. The Canes idiot player pretty much skates into him and it's just a nick...a glancing blow. 

There is such Devils hatred amongst the media mainstream that it is quite obvious.

I don't think Chico nor Steve Cangelosi would EVER start speculating about major penalties and suspensions without even seeing the replay.

It's amazing how the media attempts to influence stuff like this...

I know and I agree, but, in today's NHL, the fact that his elbow moves on that hit vs. Boychuck is enough to warrant a suspension.  It definitely is just a glancing blow..but that's enough.

And is 18 months enough to 'erase' his record?  I thought, for some reason, it was 2 years.  I could very well be wrong, I'm definitely not sure.

Dirty hit, his elbow was up.   He deserves at the very least a one game suspension.    Head injuries are a serious issue.

Stevens or Dano would have cremed Marchand with the shoulder.   Stupid, LAZY play by A-Train.

18 months is really not that long enough... Volch is a repeat offender and he got his elbow out and nailed Marchand right in the head... thats black on white a suspension.

4 games is fair if you ask me