Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ghdi

GDT: Florida Panthers @ New Jersey Devils - 1pm - MSG - KOVY!!

111 posts in this topic

Geez, what a terrible start. At least we won't be eliminated by the rangers tomorrow after we eliminate ourselves today. This team stinks.

Ok, I've never played hockey so I might be wrong here, but when you're playing D and you're in front of your goalie and you have a player in the slot, is it not better to go towards him and take away his shooting space rather than back up and let him pick his spot?

Geez, what a terrible start. At least we won't be eliminated by the rangers tomorrow after we eliminate ourselves today. This team stinks.

In a way, it's fitting the Panthers put us out of our misery, we've lost to so many garbage teams already this season.

On the plus side we will not eliminated tomorrow in MSG...fine with that

Couldn't agree more. I'm as much of a believer as anyone but there's no chance in hell this Devils team was winning out and getting all the help they needed.

Shame this season turned out this way. Good turnout here at the arena thogh, all things considered.

Ok, I've never played hockey so I might be wrong here, but when you're playing D and you're in front of your goalie and you have a player in the slot, is it not better to go towards him and take away his shooting space rather than back up and let him pick his spot?

Should be blanket coverage in the slot. But the first goal was on the PP so you couldnt account for every man, second goal was Kovy floating and not taking the point guy.

This is the spark we needed. We win today and win out..and lookout. This team has a chance to go far in the playoffs.

BELIEVE DAMMIT!

Is that a joke? Seriously, I really couldn't tell if that was a joke or not. I hope it was.

Couldn't agree more. I'm as much of a believer as anyone but there's no chance in hell this Devils team was winning out and getting all the help they needed.

Shame this season turned out this way. Good turnout here at the arena thogh, all things considered.

A lot of the tickets were sold in advance, weekend afternoon game. I probably should have no-showed since I got my money back on my sth pair weeks ago anyway (the free tickets today were my 'reward' for paying the playoff invoice lolz) but I wanted to see some other sth's I know since I only have one more game left. Edited by NJDevs4978

With ways things are going the Devils will probably win because they are playing like sh!t. Watch like 4 goals go in off the pipe.

Edited by Zubie#8

Should be blanket coverage in the slot. But the first goal was on the PP so you couldnt account for every man, second goal was Kovy floating and not taking the point guy.

Not taking into account Kovy back-checking, there was a devil in front of Brodeur that backed off when Goc was loading his shot. I would've thought it's a better play to go at your man rather than back off and mask your own goalie more.

Not taking into account Kovy back-checking, there was a devil in front of Brodeur that backed off when Goc was loading his shot. I would've thought it's a better play to go at your man rather than back off and mask your own goalie more.

I have to watch it again but it was 5 on 4, maybe if the defenseman left his man to step up into the shot he would have left a wide open guy for an easy tap in.

Sweet goal Patty.

Kovy in and Sullivan scratched tell me what DeBoer thinks of Sullivan's play. Down by two in the first and they come back with a goal. Way to go Elias my MVP. It's too bad that Marty is excited about 1-26-14, I had hoped he would bailout and retire. OH well.

Lets Go Devils  keep it going

Marty with the same amount of assists as David Clarkson in the last 30 games. :doh1:

Edited by Zubie#8

Marty with an assist- 2 points in his last 14, one of the hottest Devils offensively right now. :P

I have to watch it again but it was 5 on 4, maybe if the defenseman left his man to step up into the shot he would have left a wide open guy for an easy tap in.

Sweet goal Patty.

Oh, fair enough, I wasn't watching for that.

Also, that was a fvcking beauty of a goal!

So what, we are going to give a big contract to Clarkson, who has 6 points in his last 36 games... :(

Jesus Chico, shut up.

he was right on that one

he was right on that one

Oh I know, but he just goes on and on haha I didn't mean he wasn't correct.

Edited by Zubie#8

I wouldn't buy season tickets for next season until I see how Lou handles the off season.

Oh my God Kovy with stubble he is disrespecting the team rules and not being clean shaven omg ship him out