It's a Man's Game (Devils Rangers 4/21/13)

Beetlebum

I haven't commented much on GDTs all year, and I haven't read all the comments in this thread, so I'm not sure what the consensus is, but all I know is once again the Devils have 0 goals. They can't win a game that way, no matter how good/bad their goalie plays.

Very true. It's a team effort. Frustration sets in when both ends aren't doing their job. Lou built a team without offense  and hope that Marty with 8 defensemen would get the job done, both failed.

Nothing done in the regular season EVER erases or makes up for anything that happens in the playoffs, especially when one team is basically crawling in on life support. But knowing what sh!t stains a lot of Ranger fans are, they'll probably have a parade through the Canyon of Heroes because they "eliminated" the Devils from the playoff contention. I'll will to bet a sizable percentage of these fvcking mongoloids will talk sh!t about it continually. Like anyone will remember it 5 (or even 2) years from now lol.

You're probably right on this one too...they can't get enough of the 'Season's over!' chants now.

And honestly I hope Clarkson gets his 6m/year elsewhere.

Clarkson's only getting 6 per in the KHL and I doubt they'd even offer it to him since he's not a native son.  He might get 5-5.5 which would be bad enough.  Anything above 4.5 and I wouldn't cry about him walking at this point.

Very true. It's a team effort. Frustration sets in when both ends aren't doing their job. Lou built a team without offense  and hope that Marty with 8 defensemen would get the job done, both failed.

So true.

I know Marty's bad save percentage has been brought up in other threads this season -- and rightfully so.

But let's also acknowledge this stat, the Devils are the third-lowest scoring team in the league:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/stats/byteam

Edited by 95Crash

Nothing done in the regular season EVER erases or makes up for anything that happens in the playoffs, especially when one team is basically crawling in on life support. But knowing what sh!t stains a lot of Ranger fans are, they'll probably have a parade through the Canyon of Heroes because they "eliminated" the Devils from the playoff contention. I'll will to bet a sizable percentage of these fvcking mongoloids will talk sh!t about it continually. Like anyone will remember it 5 (or even 2) years from now lol.

You're probably right on this one too...they can't get enough of the 'Season's over!' chants now.And honestly I hope Clarkson gets his 6m/year elsewhere.

Clarkson's only getting 6 per in the KHL and I doubt they'd even offer it to him since he's not a native son. He might get 5-5.5 which would be bad enough. Anything above 4.5 and I wouldn't cry about him walking at this point.

Lol, I know these tools will brag about anything. But that's what fans of loser franchises do. Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

Kovy's shoulder is very sore as you saw when he got to the box.

So true.

I know Marty's bad save percentage has been brought up in other threads this season -- and rightfully so.

But let's also acknowledge this stat, the Devils are the third-lowest scoring team in the league:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/stats/byteam

Acknowledged

I am so glad this CRAP is over. The Devils lost this season not because of injuries but because of lack of offensive talent.  That problem rests with Lou, IMO.  Lou needs to retire ASAP. I actually fell bad for DeBoer he is a good coach. Lou decides who plays each game not DeBoer, Lou doesn't give up that control. 

I need a team to cheer for in the playoffs so I will cheer for the Boston Bruins to go all the way.

Boston Strong.

Well, I've never seen an NHL coach get kicked out of a game before. Rooney has no class. Throwing the coach out when there's 16 seconds left? Seriously? Obviously just an ego move for him. I don't care what Deboer said, he didn't throw anything on the ice or try to attack Rooney, so let him stand behind the bench and vent for the rest of the game.

To clarify, I am NOT saying that the Devils lost because of Rooney. I'm just saying that he's a terrible referee with no common sense. I don't think he has a personal vendetta against the Devils, I just think his incompetence in two big games for our team makes it seem that way.

And yeah, that game sucked. Oh well. I believe that the Devils will be right back in the mix next year. (Cue the doom and gloomers telling me that it will take 5+ seasons to recover from the loss of Parise)

Edited by iamtheprodigy
  • Like 1

It's over just sucks it ended today should have let Florida win instead of these pukes, that team and their fans act like they won the the SC oh well lets see what Lou does! Don't mind the rest but do not want to lose Elias he is a Devil for life, I hope!

Game was disgusting... officiating with that circus at the end on PDB. Olczyk called it, refs acted like chickensh!t

Well, I hope everyone's ready for the off season personnel changes/acquisitions, just hope Lou doesn't rummage too much through the "seconds" bin of; old, slow, or damaged-goods.

Rooney is a piece of sh!t.  I absolutely love Petey D standing up for his team.  What a joke.  

You best believe some of that was for game 6 too. That son of a bitch obviously has some kind of axe to grind with us. I hope Pete told him to meet him down in Penn Station.