It's a Man's Game (Devils Rangers 4/21/13)

Beetlebum

Well I'm surprised but in the end this team went out the way it should have..

Like a bunch of losers who didn't deserve to make the playoffs.

So much for last year.

What a fluke.

Rangers still own us.

Brodeur started why?

And GOD FORBID this team EVER has to play TWO back to back afternoon games.

Jesus Christ what a fvcking embarrassment.

fvck this team.

• Like 1

So much for last year.

What a fluke.

Rangers still own us.

Brodeur started why?

fvck this team.

Great, go cheer for the Rags

• Like 1

way to show enthusiasm, not fair weather enough? The Ranjerks DON'T own us, we've been more successful than them in the past few years and it's always a back and forth with them. Have pride and fvck the rangers and their fans. We had a horrible bad luck snap at the worst time and it's happened to most teams in this league at some time or another.

So much for last year.

What a fluke.

Rangers still own us.

Brodeur started why?

fvck this team.

Yea, the Rags own us. One game doesn't make an owning. Our last playoff series with them is less than a year ago and we're 1-2 vs them this year with next week's game potentially still mattering for them. The team played like crap and their backs were against the wall today and not because of the Rags.

I hate this inferiority crap.

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils5m

Kovalchuk on DeBoer misconduct: you can't do that in the last seconds in front of everybody. 15 seconds left you don't have to put on a show

EDIT: I can't really tell whether Kovy's ripping the coach or Rooney for putting on a show at second glance.  It looks like he's ripping Pete the way Chere worded it.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I actually fell bad for DeBoer he is a good coach. Lou decides who plays each game not DeBoer, Lou doesn't give up that control.

What the hell are you talking about?

The Devils lost this season not because of injuries but because of lack of offensive talent

This I agree with. What frightens me is the lack of franchise-player-material UFAs this year. Kovalchuk's injury and struggles make it obvious we need another star forward badly and there seems to be none out there this year. Last summer it was Parise and Semin. This year you gotta either go with a retirement plan (i.e. signing Iginla or Jagr) or throw some filthy money at Ribeiro and pray he stays close to point-per-game and doesn't implode (which is unlikely). Can't really trade for any all-stars with our assets (or lack thereof)... Not to mention, all of our top scorers but Kovalchuk are going UFA or RFA. Possible brutal summer ahead!

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils5m

Kovalchuk on DeBoer misconduct: you can't do that in the last seconds in front of everybody. 15 seconds left you don't have to put on a show

EDIT: I can't really tell whether Kovy's ripping the coach or Rooney for putting on a show at second glance.  It looks like he's ripping Pete the way Chere worded it.

Kovy is talking about Rooney. Coaches give it to the refs many nights near the end, and you rarely see a coach get tossed.

If Marty is still the #1 goalie here next season, there's not a chance of making the playoffs next season.  He's mediocre to below average at this point with a terrible save percentage and just getting old.

Time to let him have a farewell tour as the backup.  He's lucky Deboer plays a system that emphasizes pressure and avoids his goalies from seeing 30 shots a night, otherwise we'd be giving up 5-6 goals a game.

Edited by coldply123

And again we resume bashing Marty on NJDevs after 'another' game where we have 1 or fewer goals.  If this team could ever score then maybe I'll worry about the goaltending.

I see your point, but I also see anyone who is hard on Brodeur too. The Devils have made it so easy on Brodeur since his return. The old Marty has 4-5 shutouts during that stretch. Maybe they win a few of those games 1-0 or so. I know it is a little unfair to put that on a goalie but a couple were that easy.

The Devils have offensive issues that certainly will be addressed in the off-season, but the concern here is that as long as Brodeur is under contract, the goalie situation will not be. 

And again we resume bashing Marty on NJDevs after 'another' game where we have 1 or fewer goals.  If this team could ever score then maybe I'll worry about the goaltending.

Him laughing on the bench when he got pulled didnt make me happy. His .850 save percentage in the last 5 games is not good, and his overall save percentage is Bryzgalov bad. They need to address the offense and the goalie situation. Somehow get a Bernier and play him in half the games.

Edited by Zubie#8

I see your point, but I also see anyone who is hard on Brodeur too. The Devils have made it so easy on Brodeur since his return. The old Marty has 4-5 shutouts during that stretch. Maybe they win a few of those games 1-0 or so. I know it is a little unfair to put that on a goalie but a couple were that easy.

The Devils have offensive issues that certainly will be addressed in the off-season, but the concern here is that as long as Brodeur is under contract, the goalie situation will not be. 

Well they're currently 27th in team scoring (two measly goals above last) and 17th in goals allowed.  Whether the D's protecting Marty or not I know which area I'm more worried about.  But NJDevs can't wait to bash Marty so we harp on the aging legend instead of the no-talent never-weres up front and Pete's inane merry-go-round on D.

So much for last year.

What a fluke.

Rangers still own us.

Brodeur started why?

fvck this team.

Go cheer for someone else with the rest of the fair weather whiners then. If you can't handle the bad years you don't deserve the good ones.

He said they didn't have a chance in an interview yesterday, so that pissed me off....

well i mean come on... its one thing to stay positive but you cant be delusional with thick blinders either. Everyone knew NJ was out of the playoffs awhile ago, it would have taken some crazy favourable scenario to make it happen

I love how the Marty fanboys on here constantly go to the not scoring goals nonsense.  Can I get a goalie who has above a .900 save percentage.  Is that too much to ask.

Of course, you could have checked the score and realized that they scored "FOUR" goals against us. 

Go cheer for someone else with the rest of the fair weather whiners then. If you can't handle the bad years you don't deserve the good ones.

the explanation why this BigZ or ScoreMoreThan3 guy is not on everyone's ignore list yet is beyond me.

Edited by SterioDesign