gardenstatepkwy

Poll: New Jersey eliminated, who are you rooting for in the playoffs?

Devil-less playoffs 2013   114 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the Devils have officially been eliminated from the playoffs, which team will you pull for?

• Pittsburgh
    • Boston
    • Washington
    • Montreal
    • Toronto
    • NY Islanders
    • Ottawa
    • Winnepeg
    • Chicago
    • Anaheim
    • Vancouver
    • Los Angeles
    • San Jose
    • St. Louis
    • Minnesota
    • Columbus
    • Detroit
    • Phoenix
    • Dallas
    • No One. F them all/Don't Care

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

91 posts in this topic

Probably the Ducks, they've been a team I always kind of liked. Oh, and I also do hope the best for Detroit, I've had only pleasant experiences with their fanbase and they've got quite the legacy. But in all honesty, I won't be watching the actual games until they'd make the conference finals or the SCF.

Caps.

Not only because of Ovi, but they also acquired some players I'm a big fan of. Ribeiro & Erat.

Chicago.  My second favorite team, and the one I always chose when playing NHL '93 (Roenick, Chelios, and Belfour, with Steve Larmer's wicked slapper off the wing).

San Jose.. I've always been a fan of them and Larry Robinson is there. Go Sharks!

Rooting for the rangers to lose every game. In addition, I'd like to see as many series go seven games as possible.

Chicago and Washington

Also hoping that Winnipeg wins out and the rangers sh!t the bed against Fla or Car so we have a chance to knock them out on Saturday :)

Caps in the East, I would like to see Ovi and Oates get to the Finals.

Sharks in the West, as they're the local team.  But I went to the Sharks-Jackets game last night, and got in trouble with my Sharks friends as I was rooting for Columbus to win to help knock out Minny :giggle:

'Hawks/Blues & Isles/Jets.

Could never pull for Rags, Pens, Bruins.

Not a fan of the Leafs or Caps either.

Gomez is on the Sharks, so no !

No on the Wild for at least 12 years...

No on the 'Nucks, Ducks and Kings.

Hope the Islanders make some noise... They look like last year's LA Kings as far as the timing of their hot streak. I'd love it if two of the teams in the New York market could boast about having more success than the NY Rangers...

I'm casting a wide net this year:

East:
- Isles (their fans deserve some success after all the bullsh!t they've had to put up with, don't hate them as rivals yet)

- Caps (would like to see Ovie finally win something team-related)

- Sens (Go sens go!)

West:
- Sharks (so much talent, but not much post-season success)

- Columbus (similar to Isles, would love to see them have some success for their fans)

- Ducks (Teemu's just the man)

I'll be actively rooting against the Penguins, Rangers (if they make it), and Wild.

Being born in 1990 and also having played for a hockey team as a kid, called the Might Ducks, that's who I root for. I also find Selanne to be a class act and really like him. Them being in the west also helps me not create hatred for them. I like St Louis too , they're a lot like us, so I feel a little kinship with their fans. They had that great record of not missing the playoffs for 25 years I think it was, but they never won. That must be terrible. Their whole story is kind of a sad one, so I just feel for STL in that respect.

Edited by ATLL765

I'm gonna go Blues as my 'vote', but I'll also be watching Chicago, Columbus, the Isles, Winnipeg if they make it, Washington, etc. Pretty much anyone but NYR, Pittsburgh, and Minny, I think.

I don't think I pull for anyone...  if there is a tolerable underdog come Conf finals; I might cheer for them.

only want the pens in the first round to knock out the rangers.then I don't care... the only thing I care about the west is someone knocks out Minnesota and LA

I'm not "rooting" for anyone.  But I'd like to see Winnipeg get in instead of the Rag$ and I'd also like to see the Isles do well.  Along with Columbus.

between Anaheim and Chicago for me.. I love those players on both teams and would like to see them do well.

i can just dream of a day where we land Kane, Toews, Getzlaf, Ryan, or Perry... :D

Sorry, but screw the Bruins (not the city, the team.  Clear and different distinction here, don't get on my case about it).  They've done nothing but stomp the Devils recently, I feel no compassion for that team (again, the TEAM, not the city).

Geez what's with all the Islanders love? fvck them too. Their fans can be just as horrendous as Rangers fans.

I voted for the Sharks but I have more teams that I want to see lose then teams I wouldn't mind see winning.

1 person likes this

Too bad the Flames suck this year - I have good memories of rooting for them during their 2004 run (though with Kipper retiring and Iginla gone it's a whole new reality there, now. Also, I find it hard to follow the Penguins just for Iggy). I'll probably root for the Isles, don't really care about most of the other teams. I think NYI and Toronto making a come back is a pretty cool story, so I wouldn't mind the Leafs making some noise, too, although I don't like the tone of a lot of the Canadian fans and media and I won't mind if their Cup-drought gets extended again.

Plus, we're probably going to see some nice story develop at some point, so maybe if there is some cool underdog thing going on, I'll jump on the bandwagon.