MDPucks

2012-2013 NHL Playoffs

1,132 posts in this topic

I'm sure I'm not the only one who said the hell with it and went to bed. The fact that I don't care about either team made it not worth staying up for me. Ill finish watching the game on the dvr today though even though I saw the gwg goal.

I missed all of regulation time because of a stupid Bocelli concert. Got home just in time to see it was going into overtime. I fell asleep during the 2ndOTs too many men penalty. Then woke up hearing them saying something like "I bet you wish you were sleeping but instead we're going into a third overtime". So I got happy to see more hockey. Then the period started with them on another too many men powerplay and I got totally confused until they said there were two of them. Great game...er, overtime game!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who said the hell with it and went to bed. The fact that I don't care about either team made it not worth staying up for me. 

If it were a weekend I would have stuck it out, but yeah a weekday game with two neutral teams I don't really want to hang in there for the marathons (unless it was a potential Cup-winner anyway).  I wanted to go to bed after the first OT but wound up staying up through the second.

It was a great opening for this series. I watched until Chicago got a break on the last goal and won. Boston had it's chances but couldn't get it done. I look forward to Saturday's game. IMO I can't feel bad that the Devils weren't in this series because they didn't have a team that even if healthy could have played at this level. Either Boston or Chicago would have made them look worst that they were this pass season.

We were blessed with a pretty epic and even historical game last night. Keep em coming!

Anyone else have flashbacks of Fayne's horrendous miss when Kaspars Daugavins decided not to hit that open net?

Anyone else have flashbacks of Fayne's horrendous miss when Kaspars Daugavins decided not to hit that open net?

I still see Kovy's crossbar at the end of game 2 before OT in my nightmares :lol: