Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
njd3b1ink

Devils sign Joe Whitney to first NHL contract

10 posts in this topic

Per TG: @TGfireandice: Devils finally give Joe Whitney his first NHL contract. Two years. Was on AHL contracts previously. Led Albany with 26 goals, 51 points.

Idk what everyone else thinks about Whitney but personally I really like him. For the past two years he's always been a noticeable player when I went to the Albany games. Not to mention he has been one of the better forwards there. I like his passing abilities a lot. He could be a solid 3rd/4th liner down the road. Glad he's getting a shot.

Edited by njd3b1ink

really only matters as far as the 50 man roster size. I don't think this impacts the big club all that much.

what a scoring machine. i loved watching him at the albany games. tiny but very effective.

If he gets any better he could be an NHL callup.  I'm just glad he's staying in the organization, seems to be quite a useful player at the AHL level.

The Boston College/Devils pipeline continues. It's just too bad that NJ hasn't cashed in on any of their top level talent since Brian Gionta. Cam Atkinson (CBJ) and Mike Matheson (FLA) will be terrific NHL players.

He's even smaller than Stephen Gionta! No way he could put up similar numbers in the NHL. Hopefully he gets a call up for his hard work though

Edited by Colin226

yea but he can skate through chara's 5 hole and score against boston.

1 person likes this

I'm assuming he has a greater upside when compared to Tedenby right now?

Who DOESN'T have a greater upside compared to Tedenby these days?!?