Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

I'd love Gagner too but his price will be higher than Horcoff's. He's 10 years younger and better. It would take a lot more than Tallinder and a pick.

Merrill would almost certainly have to go back for him along w/ an NHL defenseman, probably Fayne. His return being less than Horcoff's would be beyond asinine 

So realistically what do our lines look like right now?

All these moves have me going full chub and I can't help but think about them. I like to see-

Clowe-Zajac-Kovalchuk

Henrique-Elias-Zubrus

Ryder(possibly)-JJ-Matteau?

then a fourth of CBGB

All these moves have me going full chub and I can't help but think about them. I like to see-

Clowe-Zajac-Kovalchuk

Henrique-Elias-Zubrus

Ryder(possibly)-JJ-Matteau?

then a fourth of CBGB

Probably more like this:

Clowe-Loktionov-Kovalchuk

Elias-Zajac-Zubrus/XXX

Olesz-JJ-XXX/Zubrus

CBGB

I don't think Olesz makes our roster. Don't see a spot for him.

Then who is taking Poni's spot? I seriously doubt Matteau is up here next season. Guarantee Olesz just jumped over everyone on the non-roster depth chart.

Oops, I just realize I forgot Henrique exists. I still think Olesz could bump Gio too though. 1st rd reclamation project. If we can make good on it, like we did with Bernier, I'd be ecstatic.

So lines maybe more like this:

Clowe-Loki-Kovy

Elias-Zajac-XXX

Henrique-JJ-Zubrus

CBGB

If we don't sign another FA, I wouldn't be surprised to see Zubrus on that 2nd line and Olesz picking up a spot in the bottom 6, whether it be via Bernier moving up a spot or Olesz leapfrogging someone. We'll see once camp rolls around.

now if we'd sign Ryder... where do we even put him ?

i could see lou packaging like... Tallinder + JJ + Urbom + pick if we have to and get E.Kane or something..... drooooll

Probably with Elias. Elias is the shiftiest passer, Ryder would probably be one of our best shots, right under Kovy's.

now if we'd sign Ryder... where do we even put him ?

i could see lou packaging like... Tallinder + JJ + Urbom + pick if we have to and get E.Kane or something..... drooooll

Throw Merrill instead of Urbom, and make that a first round pick, and that might fetch Kane. Otherwise, not happening.

Clowe - Loktionov - Kovalchuk 
Elias - Zajac - Ryder / Brunner
Henrique - Josefson - Zubrus 
Olesz - Carter - Bernier

Tedenby

this would be a solid team i think ?

I'm good with that. Combinations can be figured out, but player wise, yep.

Here is what I think they will be with no new changes ( not what I'd like)

Henrique - Loktionov - Kovalchuk

Elias - Zajac - Clowe

Olesz - Josefson - Zubrus

Carter - Gio - Bernier

Teddy-Barch

I think a trade is due over the summer to change this up.

Edited by John Wensink

Here is what I think they will be with no new changes

Henrique - Loktionov - Kovalchuk

Elias - Zajac - Clowe

Olesz - Josefson - Zubrus

Carter - Gio - Bernier

Teddy-Barch

I think a trade is due over the summer to change this up.

Henrique isn't getting in our top 6 over Zubrus I don't think.

I figured that cause Henrique has played with both Loki and Kovy

Clowe is also a LW, so he'll likely be in the spot you put Henrique. And Zubrus will be 2nd line RW. Henrique playing LW on the 3rd. Didn't pay for Clowe so he could play in the bottom 6. I mean, Henrique might take Zubrus' spot away from him, but that would take a real good year from Henrique, maybe even 2 good years.

Ryder or no Ryder, looking at our forward core makes me believe this season is going to come down to the performance of JJ, Zajac, Loki, and Henrique.  We know what we'll get out of the vets and the fourth line.  If the "kids" don't step up, we're screwed either way (it's also a shame Zajac is lumped in there, but I just don't know what to expect out of him anymore).  

Pretty satisfied today so far.

However..

Offensively, this team is pretty much in the same exact place it was last year.  We'll call losing Clarktard and bringing in Clowe a wash, so besides that, same offensive group as last year.  I hope a trade is made or something.

I would like to see a lineup of this sort attempted:

Elias - Zajac - Henrique

Kovalchuk - Loktionov - Olesz

Zubrus - Josefson - Clowe

CBGB

I know it's putting a lot of pressure on two young unproven guys playing with Kovalchuk, but at the same time, based on the scouting reports I'm seeing on Olesz, it seems to me that it could work.

I would like to see a lineup of this sort attempted:

Elias - Zajac - Henrique

Kovalchuk - Loktionov - Olesz

Zubrus - Josefson - Clowe

CBGB

I know it's putting a lot of pressure on two young unproven guys playing with Kovalchuk, but at the same time, based on the scouting reports I'm seeing on Olesz, it seems to me that it could work.

There is no way in hell Olesz gets gifted a top 6 spot. With Kovy no less. While Clowe and Zubrus are on the 3rd line for WAY bigger money. Absolutely ridiculous.