Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

Did anyone report that they were after him? I thought it was kind of weird that there was barely any word on what teams wanted him.

read reports that there was mutual interest. But just read few minutes ago that at this point it doesnt look like he'd sign there.

hm?  where did you read this?  i was hoping he'd be off to utica to play with his brother.

Sestito and Darcy Zajac were signed to 2-ways.

Sestito has a 125K downside (seems like one of the bigger ones we've given out recently)

Zajac as a 5K signing bonus, which is pretty hilarious.

Why they gave Darcy Zajac a NHL reserve list spot, I'm not quite sure

Edited by maxpower

Because his agent is desperately trying to create the illusion of demand for Jagr, this basically means no one is really interested in him.    He will probably be signed on the cheap in a one-year deal.   Maybe Phoenix, Florida or Calgary.

Rangers are screwed cap wise. I laughed when I saw their UFA signings

why their first priority wasn't giving McDonagh an 8 year contract (or at least a decently long one to buy out some arbitration/UFA years) I don't know

Rangers are screwed cap wise. I laughed when I saw their UFA signings

why their first priority wasn't giving McDonagh an 8 year contract (or at least a decently long one to buy out some arbitration/UFA years) I don't know

I'm hoping someone offer sheets McDonagh Shea Weber-style.

they don't have the caproom to give mcdonagh an 8 year deal (which I imagine would be somewhere in the 6-7M range)

I'm hoping someone offer sheets McDonagh Shea Weber-style.

That wouldn't necessarily be a good thing because the compensation in picks the Rags would receieve would be enormous.

I was actually shocked when the Preds matched the Flyers offer last year. Compensation for Weber would of been four first round draft picks from the Flyers.

they don't have the caproom to give mcdonagh an 8 year deal (which I imagine would be somewhere in the 6-7M range)

I know, but I figure they'd try to clear out room so they could've 

That wouldn't necessarily be a good thing because the compensation in picks the Rags would receieve would be enormous.

I was actually shocked when the Preds matched the Flyers offer last year. Compensation for Weber would of been four first round draft picks from the Flyers.

True, but if there's a team in the NHL that could blow four first round picks it's the Rangers.

Shea Weber is like a HOFer for Preds. Its like drafting Scott Neidermeyer or Stevens. I'd match that too.

I still dont understand why McDonaugh is worth 6-7 mill, its not like he is tearing it up here. He might get 3-4 mill a year based on my perspective, again I could be wrong. Stepan/Hagelin may get significant raises, but that should still keep the Rangers clear of any cap issues for atleast this year. Next year, however, is going to be hellish for the Rags with Callahan, Lundqvist, Kreider, Brassard, Del Zotto, Girardi, Stralman having to be resigned or becoming Free Agents.

Shea Weber is like a HOFer for Preds. Its like drafting Scott Neidermeyer or Stevens. I'd match that too.

I still dont understand why McDonaugh is worth 6-7 mill, its not like he is tearing it up here. He might get 3-4 mill a year based on my perspective, again I could be wrong. Stepan/Hagelin may get significant raises, but that should still keep the Rangers clear of any cap issues for atleast this year. Next year, however, is going to be hellish for the Rags with Callahan, Lundqvist, Kreider, Brassard, Del Zotto, Girardi, Stralman having to be resigned or becoming Free Agents.

he doesn't really need to tear it up. He is one of the best defensive defense men in the league or becoming it soon.

Lundqvist will be 35+ by the time all of those draft picks are a factor, assuming he hasn't skipped town.

I'm shocked Holmgren hasn't sheeted McDonaugh yet, or can't he do that for a while after the Weber signing?

middle of the road pylons gets 3-4 million nowadays.

and mcdonough is absolutely one of the best defensive defensemen in the nhl.  no, i don't think he can negotiate for 7mill in the current economic landscape, but to think this guy gets anywhere less than 5 is unrealistic/uninformed.  if i were to guess, based on his importance to the team (and how good he is--yes, he is that good), i'd say it's easily conceivable mcD grabs upwards of 5.5+, maybe 5.75.

Fourth Period: The Stars have shown interest in Damien Brunner. Brunner is thought to be looking for a multi-year deal worth between $3 and $3.5 million.

3.5million sounds a lot for a guy with not that much NHL experience but if he keeps up it would be a good signing for anyone who does i think. Detroit offered 2.5m but he really wanted more.

I'd be curious having him in NJ he was on pace for 21 goals in a full season as a rookie but at the same time you can't go and throw 3m at that guy, then you pretty much have to give the same or more to Henrique cause he has more experience and already brought more. i think the Red Wings offer was fair but those players always want more.

Edited by SterioDesign