Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMantzas

Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

1,627 posts in this topic

If Zidlicky is asking for too much, what does everyone think of trying to get Kaberlei for a year? Probably be real cheap and he could help transition in Gelinas, Merrill, or Urbom (or whoever else is ready). 

I know he hasn't been very effective lately but in a 6th or 7th role he could be worth it. Kind of like how we used Harrold last year.

he's been terrible for a few years now. No thanks. I'm sure Sterio could tell you how much they hated him in MTL

he's been terrible for a few years now. No thanks. I'm sure Sterio could tell you how much they hated him in MTL

i certainly could. lol

so per sources from quebec. Tampa offered Hedman+3rd overall pick for 1st overall + johnson. interesting but i wouldnt do it.

so per sources from quebec. Tampa offered Hedman+3rd overall pick for 1st overall + johnson. interesting but i wouldnt do it.

I wouldn't do that if I was tampa, especially since they already have a #1 center and you get Drouin at 3 and keep Hedman who's probably better than Johnson 

I wouldn't do that if I was tampa, especially since they already have a #1 center and you get Drouin at 3 and keep Hedman who's probably better than Johnson 

i agree with you... i honestly think that the no. 3 pick in this draft is almost just as good as the 1st.  

I think Drouin is the best player in the draft and if you can grab him and still keep Hedman than you have to do it

i agree with you... i honestly think that the no. 3 pick in this draft is almost just as good as the 1st.  

I think Drouin is the best player in the draft and if you can grab him and still keep Hedman than you have to do it

Yeah Pronman for hockey prospectus had Drouin deadlocked w/ the other 2 pretty much or at least on the same tier too. And if you want a center so badly that you'd want MacKinnon, there's Barkov. No need to downgrade on D where you're at your weakest going in. 

Edited by DH26

Yeah, I don't think that trade makes very much sense for TB. I'd probably rather have Hedman + Drouin than MacKinnon + Johnson.

Edited by nessus

Its Єklund (2.3% accurate) but he said that nj is going strong for bobby Ryan and we're in the Vinny sweepstakes.

Yay! Єklund (2.3% accurate) picked our team's name out of a hat! 

If Zidlicky is asking for too much, what does everyone think of trying to get Kaberlei for a year? Probably be real cheap and he could help transition in Gelinas, Merrill, or Urbom (or whoever else is ready). 

I know he hasn't been very effective lately but in a 6th or 7th role he could be worth it. Kind of like how we used Harrold last year.

Kaberle's claim to fame is that he was a Maple Leaf, so he is tremondously overrated and no one is interested in him for a reason.

Zidlicky will not garner the opportunities that he has here.  Minnesota showed team will not tolerate his defensive lapses at such a high salary.   NJ saved his career.

Letang possible new deal with the pens, i guess they are really close to get it done. 58millions. 8 years 7.25mcap hit. NTC with 15 teams submitted

damn thats expensive 25.45m in cap hit between 3 guys, they will also now be paying seven players a cap total of $44.3M in 2014-15.

Edited by SterioDesign

Lol at Shero. Guy has no concept of managing his cap. They are paying over half their cap for 5 players (malkin, Crosby, letang, Neal, Martin)

Its Єklund (2.3% accurate) but he said that nj is going strong for bobby Ryan and we're in the Vinny sweepstakes.

can you give a source? And I'm only saying that because I'm eager to read an article about us

#NYR acquire D Justin Falk from MIN in exchange for forward Benn Ferriero and a 6th rd pick (originally CBJ's) in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.

#NYR acquire D Justin Falk from MIN in exchange for forward Benn Ferriero and a 6th rd pick (originally CBJ's) in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.

Is he any good?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jeez, I know it's just a 6th rounder but now the rags are REALLY hurting in terms of how many picks they have this year. Typical

Jeez, I know it's just a 6th rounder but now the rags are REALLY hurting in terms of how many picks they have this year. Typical

It's in 2014.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Falk is pretty decent. Not a bad pickup by the Rags.

Sure ur not thinking of Justin Faulk on the canes? He's pretty decent. This Falk, not so much

Sure ur not thinking of Justin Faulk on the canes? He's pretty decent. This Falk, not so much

Oh yeah. Wrong Falker

weird cause it was made public which teams met with him and NJ was not one of them

Yea, not seen NJ mentioned by anyone except Єklund (2.3% accurate). Its probably bullsh!t.

Edited by ghdi