Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMantzas

Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

1,627 posts in this topic

Columbus is shopping bob. Lets get him!!

actually now apparently they are close to a deal. go figure

My guess is Bob re-ups in CBJ. After playing in the sh!tstorm that is Philly I'm sure he feels more appreciated and beloved.

I don't think Lou goes after or gets any big name free agents. We'll see him sign some precarious 3rd and 4th liners from the trash heap.

TG

Lamoriello said the team will be announcing the re-signing of "a few" free agents soon. Wouldn't say which ones.

oh......

TG

Lamoriello said the team will be announcing the re-signing of "a few" free agents soon. Wouldn't say which ones.

oh......

just saw this...good news but would also like to see signing not just "re-signing"

TG

oh......

This...this could be very exciting.

Loktionov is officially re-signed per TG. thats one. Zubs... I assume JJ too? then thats it? haha

Edited by SterioDesign

Probably Zubrus and one of the defensemen.   I think anything interesting would have been purposely let out today.

Lamoriello said Devils will  try to address need for more offense up front through free agency.

Lamoriello said Devils will  try to address need for more offense up front through free agency.

Yeah. That's like your wife saying she made a nice dinner and you coming home to a bowl of corn flakes.

2 people like this

Yeah. That's like your wife saying she made a nice dinner and you coming home to a bowl of corn flakes.

why cause Lou never signs ufa's?  Stop proving time and time again you don't know what you are talking about.  The best ever talent to get to UFA is wearing a devils jersey.  Lou has gotten the top free agent a few times.  Does he get them all, no.  Do some get away, sure.  Name one GM that is perfect and gets every fa.  How many GM's wanted Schneider?

The Lou bashing on this site always amazes me.  The Marty bashing from now on will be intolerable. Of course GR is happy cause he's been waiting 15 years for it,

Edited by Joe B

why cause Lou never signs ufa's?  Stop proving time and time again you don't know what you are talking about.  The best ever talent to get to UFA is wearing a devils jersey.  Lou has gotten the top free agent a few times.  Does he get them all, no.  Do some get away, sure.  Name one GM that is perfect and gets every fa.  How many GM's wanted Schneider?

The Lou bashing on this site always amazes me.  The Marty bashing from now on will be intolerable. Of course GR is happy cause he's been waiting 15 years for it,

I'm not saying Lou doesn't sign UFAs, but I am saying that he hasn't exactly been in the hunt for top names recently. The hole left by Zach Parise wasn't exactly addressed with anyone.

i really hope elias and clarkson are included in that "few".. although it probably wont end up being either.. maybe elias at most

i really hope elias and clarkson are included in that "few".. although it probably wont end up being either.. maybe elias at most

If they both walk we're fvcked

If they both walk we're fvcked

agree to a slight extent.. wouldnt say were fvcked until you could see what they would be replaced with.. if both walk and are replaced with complete garbage then i would say that we could have an issue on hand.. but hopefully both come back lets see what happens here

agree to a slight extent.. wouldnt say were fvcked until you could see what they would be replaced with.. if both walk and are replaced with complete garbage then i would say that we could have an issue on hand.. but hopefully both come back lets see what happens here

Chere just tweeted that we are close to signing Elias and that he will not test the market.

So the Devils are waiting to wrap up Elias and then going to announce the bunch of contracts they haven't announced? 

Chere just tweeted that we are close to signing Elias and that he will not test the market.

After seeing Marty draft Anthony last night why wouldn't he?  I'm sure he can see himself drafting Patty Jr. some day...

If Chere is right and Elias is about to sign I will fvcking do a tap dance here at work.

Yeah he is not quite the same player as he was 10 years ago but he is my #1 All-Time Devil.

So the Devils are waiting to wrap up Elias and then going to announce the bunch of contracts they haven't announced? 

This seems about right.  :thumbsup:

Also hearing that Patrik Elias might be among re-signings Lamoriello said would be announced in "near future."

I heard it from Chere. :lol:  Just kidding, they probably have the same source though.