Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMantzas

Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

1,627 posts in this topic

Peter Mueller didn't get a QO from Florida - they would like to re-sign him, but starting at midnight he can talk to other teams.  I think he's a perfect Clarkson replacement (except for all his injuries).

Peter Mueller didn't get a QO from Florida - they would like to re-sign him, but starting at midnight he can talk to other teams.  I think he's a perfect Clarkson replacement (except for all his injuries).

Lou does seem to like to grab former high draft picks who became more role players.

Dreger on NHL Live just now: "Interest in Clarkson is off the charts. Could have 20 offers on Friday."

Dreger on NHL Live just now: "Interest in Clarkson is off the charts. Could have 20 offers on Friday."

:argh:  :angry:

Benn Ferriero non-tendered - he was a teammate of Gionta, Harrold, and Schneider at BC.

Dreger is just pumping Clarkson's tires, I think he has a relationship with the agency.    Let's put it this way, if he does have 20, about 19 of them won't be for $45-46M

Lecavalier is NOT going to Dallas or MTL....

why do i have the bad feeling he's going to Philly ?

I'm hearing Dallas is the front-runner for Vinny

no they are out. The team confirmed it

i really think he's going to Philly... your heard it here first haha

Edited by SterioDesign

fvck. Darren Dreger is saying that he texted someone in the philly organization "did you get lecavalier?" and he got "yes" as a reply....

@tpanotchCSN: Source says 5 year $23.5 mill for Lecavalier as a Flyer. checking on that

4.7m cap hit

they'll have to clear up salary they have 4.1m in cap space now and still need another goalie

Edited by SterioDesign

lol Flyers. I REALLY hope they have to get rid of Couturier or B. Schenn because of this. That'd be the most Flyers thing ever. Within a week of the season starting, one of Capgeek's most popular buyouts is gonna be Vinny again :P

Can't picture Vinny wearing the orange and black, but then again I never pictured Forsberg wearing it either.

That makes no sense.    

As for Clarkson, I know Lecavalier is a very old 33, but... yeah.   Good luck with the $45M

I really don't get this move by the Flyers. It makes no sense. They need a goalie and defense and they have no cap space.

"@DaveLozo: Lecavalier basically had his choice of eating in any restaurant in the world and chose a crowded Sbarro in a bad neighborhood."

Edited by DJ Eco

I really don't get this move by the Flyers. It makes no sense. They need a goalie and defense and they have no cap space.

they'll probably have to trade Coburn for the cap space  :P  This reeks of pre-lockout Rangers 

"@DaveLozo: Lecavalier basically had his choice of eating in any restaurant in the world and chose a crowded Sbarro in a bad neighborhood."

Lmao, that's a spot-on analogy.

The Flyers idiots on HF Boards are ranting and raving about this signing. I don't know if they enjoy failure or just don't know any other way.

The Flyers idiots on HF Boards are ranting and raving about this signing. I don't know if they enjoy failure or just don't know any other way.

Those dipsh!ts are just like the Rag fans- they love big names. They think big names=winning. It makes it funnier every time they fail. Edited by MadDog2020