Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMantzas

Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

1,627 posts in this topic

Ledger_NJDevils: Lou Lamoriello on losing Clarkson: "I turned the page on draft day. We made what we thought was a substantial offer. We go forward."

There is no way in hell Olesz gets gifted a top 6 spot. With Kovy no less. While Clowe and Zubrus are on the 3rd line for WAY bigger money. Absolutely ridiculous.

I refuse to consider contract values when assigning line spots. Chemistry isn't determined on the open market, it is determined on the ice. I'm not saying there's sure to be chemistry within the lines I proposed, but at the same time I don't care what they're being paid and that's not (or shouldn't) going to determine in absolute terms who they play with.

As for being gifted a spot, come preseason we'll see who works best with who. No one needs to be gifted anything, it should be determined on the merit of play as the season goes on. At the same time neither you nor I are members of the coaching staff of this team. I had no problem with Loktionov getting a spot on Kovalchuk's line and was in favor of giving it a try from the moment we traded for him. Doesn't mean if it hadn't worked out I'd still push for it. Just that I thought it made sense based off of the types of players and skillsets they had.

Lou might've learned his lesson from last year. No more waiting, letting the player decide.

Lay out your best offer, if its not going to work, move forward.

Way to go Lou.

TGfireandice: Lamoriello," Today was a good day for the Devils." GM-Lou-Lamoriello-proud-of-New-Jersey-De

Ok, now things have changed completely with Ryder being here. Scrap the other lines I posted. I'm not completely sure how things will look at yhis point. Training camp should be verrry interesting.

Henrique-Loktionov-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Ryder
Clowe-Josefson-Zubrus
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Think this will be the opening night lineup?

Henrique-Loktionov-Kovy

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Clowe-Josefson-Zubrus

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Think this will be the opening night lineup?

Yeah should be something like that. I just posted the exact same combos in the Ryder thread lol.

So who is going to be traded or bought out because we will be way over the cap after we sign Henrique and Josefson.

So who is going to be traded or bought out because we will be way over the cap after we sign Henrique and Josefson.

Devils have 3.8 million in space still. Henrique and Josefson are RFAs not close to UFA so I think people imagine bigger contracts than they'll get.

I guess the Devils could go over, but it won't be way over.

Lou with an unconventional free agent day...

"Don't worry about my cap!"

Please give some optimism about signing Ryder. I see him as a one time good player that could be a third line player. Why is this a good signing?

Devils have 3.8 million in space still. Henrique and Josefson are RFAs not close to UFA so I think people imagine bigger contracts than they'll get.

According to capgeek we are over the cap by $158,300 after the Ryder signing.

EDIT: I am a moron lol I was looking at the Slary payroll. nvm.

Edited by Zubie#8

Please give some optimism about signing Ryder. I see him as a one time good player that could be a third line player. Why is this a good signing?

Amazing shot. He was one of the big reasons BOS won the cup.

setoguchi traded to the jets

Edited by grcenter47

TGfireandice: Sounds like Devils are looking to see if they can move some salary via trade or improve via trade first. Hopefully that means one of Volchenkov, Salvador, or Tallinder. Tallinder is the most likely I'd guess. No one will want Volch or Sal.

Edited by MadDog2020

Josefson has a relatively high qualifier.   He's not going to be going lower than that without multiple years.   I think it's pretty possible they amount to $3M between the two of them.

Matt Cooke to the Wild

Like we needed more of a reason to hate Minnesota.