Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMantzas

Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

1,627 posts in this topic

I wonder where Bryzgalov ends up. I'm actually pretty surprised he's still on the market.

I wonder where Bryzgalov ends up. I'm actually pretty surprised he's still on the market.

I've been asking myself the same question too. He can still be a very quality back-up.

I've been asking myself the same question too. He can still be a very quality back-up.

You seriously don't think Bryz could be a starting goaltender in the NHL? :P

I think he'll end up in Edmonton personally. It just seems like a good fit.

I thought Calgary would be interested?  

i think bryzgalov would probably excel in a small market where the media is not all over him. i thought phoenix was perfect for him before he left to philly

1 person likes this

i think bryzgalov would probably excel in a small market where the media is not all over him. i thought phoenix was perfect for him before he left to philly

I actually thought the Islanders were a good fit for him before they decided to re-sign Nabby. Florida re-signed Markstrom so that avenue is out. Calgary would realstically be the best fit for him but I think Feaster is set on rolling with Ramo/McDonald. (Yuck)

If he could suck it up and deal with being a back-up then Boston would be a fantastic place for him. Rask/Bryz would be solid.

San Jose? Greiss moved on to Phoenix. They could use someone to fill in for Niemi here and there.

San Jose? Greiss moved on to Phoenix. They could use someone to fill in for Niemi here and there.

their pretty high on Stalock

Wasnt Bryzgalov really good in the playoff run with Phoenix? It seems like once he went to Philly he's been distracted

lol how about Columbus? He could back up the guy who used to back him up.

JK, I think he could start somewhere. Winnipeg might be a good place for him.

lol how about Columbus? He could back up the guy who used to back him up.

JK, I think he could start somewhere. Winnipeg might be a good place for him.

What makes you think he would start over Pavelec?

I wonder if Washington takes a look at Bryzgalov?

Holtby had a good year last year and took on most of the work. but using both Holtby and Neuverith for a whole season looks risky.

I'm surprised Bryz hasn't hopped over to the KHL already.

...assuming they'd still take him, of course.

I'm surprised Bryz hasn't hopped over to the KHL already.

...assuming they'd still take him, of course.

I dunno about that, he was terribad during the lockout.

Edited by Marshall

Bryz is in that difficult position where he basically has to accept being at best a 1B.  He'd be a great fit on the Islanders, but he said he hated places like Long Island.

Lamoriello tells AGross that he is not done with "additions and deletions" for the #devils

i like that.

Lamoriello tells AGross that he is not done with "additions and deletions" for the #devils

i like that.

hell yea

i like that.

He says that every year. It's the equivalent of your Mom telling you "maybe" when you ask her for a video game for Christmas. It gives her an out if she doesn't get it.

He says that every year. It's the equivalent of your Mom telling you "maybe" when you ask her for a video game for Christmas. It gives her an out if she doesn't get it.

dude im trying to be happy here lol let it be

It's like Lou's "Status Quo" or "If i can make the team better I will" quotes.

i like that.

hell yea

But I thought the Devils were a good team 'unlucky' to make the playoffs last year :P

The quote's true even if they do nothing but sign Jagr, they have to get rid of two forwards one way or another before Opening Night with fifteen guys on one-ways plus Gionta and only fourteen spots.

Unofficial poll time: Who would you rather have added to the team - Damien Brunner or Mikhail Grabovski? Both contracts, for the sake of argument, are identical at 3 years/$3.5 million per.

Unofficial poll time: Who would you rather have added to the team - Damien Brunner or Mikhail Grabovski? Both contracts, for the sake of argument, are identical at 3 years/$3.5 million per.

Brunner, a bit younger, just as explosive. Doesn't seem to have the attitude issues of Grabvoski.

i like that.

Well he hasn't officially announced Jagr yet. That may be the only addition