Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMantzas

Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

1,627 posts in this topic

who really gives a sh!t where he went he sucks anyway.. everyone should be happy were not stuck with that dead weight any more

Poni overachieved during the finals run and came back to earth last season. Oh well. Off topic, I tend to avoid Hovkeybuzz because of all the speculative rumors that they spread, but anyone have any info on how legit the Mussa guy is?

Edited by Bibby89

I guess some of these players really enjoy being big fishes in little ponds.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ponikarovsky got no NHL offers, or if he did get them, they were under seven figures.  He's 33 and had his worst NHL season.  He's a third-liner at best right now.  There's a lot of other attractive FAs still available.  Who's signing Alexei Ponikarovsky?

Poni overachieved during the finals run and came back to earth last season. Oh well. Off topic, I tend to avoid Hovkeybuzz because of all the speculative rumors that they spread, but anyone have any info on how legit the Mussa guy is?

Not legit at all. He only seems to pop in with a blog article when there's something really obvious and noteworthy to report (like opening day roster, or new mega-signing). Otherwise, not sure what he would know that's from the inside.

Murray is terrible...I hope he is their 7.

I feel like this sentence in incomplete.

Jeez, I wonder what it's gonna take to sign Schneider to a long term contract.

Hopefully something like that. He's going to get slightly overpaid because his agent will know just how important he will be to the devils. He will definitely have leverage

Schneider will get more than Crawford

If schneider has a solid season, he will get payed around 5-6 mil. long-term. He hasn't won a stanley cup however. But with Marty off the books and Jagr etc., this shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Devs3cups
1 person likes this

o'rly?

for that to happen, he will at least have to mirror his career numbers as a starter for the next two years and probably win at least two playoff rounds.

crawford has been a full starter for 3 years. schneider, i suppose was this past year - sort of. oh, crawford also won a cup and was pretty awesome in doing so.

i hope he's in line for that kind of contract, but can't say for sure now.

1 person likes this

o'rly?

for that to happen, he will at least have to mirror his career numbers as a starter for the next two years and probably win at least two playoff rounds.

crawford has been a full starter for 3 years. schneider, i suppose was this past year - sort of. oh, crawford also won a cup and was pretty awesome in doing so.

i hope he's in line for that kind of contract, but can't say for sure now.

There are two scenarios, 1. he gets signed at the end of this year, which means he had a good year, and will get AAV of at least $6.5 million, 2. he has a bad year, which means no contract going into 2014-2015, and is likely traded to recoup some value.

I was going to say he could have a good year and try to test the marke anyway, but he would really have to hate NJ to take that kind of chance.

Ultimately, I think he's getting more than Crawford. He's better than Crawford, and the Devils need Schneider a lot more than the Hawks need Crawford.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There are two scenarios, 1. he gets signed at the end of this year, which means he had a good year, and will get AAV of at least $6.5 million, 2. he has a bad year, which means no contract going into 2014-2015, and is likely traded to recoup some value. I was going to say he could have a good year and try to test the marke anyway, but he would really have to hate NJ to take that kind of chance. Ultimately, I think he's getting more than Crawford. He's better than Crawford, and the Devils need Schneider a lot more than the Hawks need Crawford. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Why speculate he is going to have a good year both seasons, I know it summer and that's what is done in the summer.

Less than 2 weeks until training camp, its hard to believe brunner wont be signed somewhere this year. Capgeek says we're 3.8 under the cap, idk if lou is willing sign him anymore and have no wiggle room with the cap.

There are two scenarios, 1. he gets signed at the end of this year, which means he had a good year, and will get AAV of at least $6.5 million, 2. he has a bad year, which means no contract going into 2014-2015, and is likely traded to recoup some value. I was going to say he could have a good year and try to test the marke anyway, but he would really have to hate NJ to take that kind of chance. Ultimately, I think he's getting more than Crawford. He's better than Crawford, and the Devils need Schneider a lot more than the Hawks need Crawford. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's incredibly unlikely that the Devils deal Schneider.  As for Schneider getting more than Crawford, remember - the goalie market is an odd place.  Here are the teams with a goalie signed for starter money for at least the next 3 years:

Boston, Chicago, LA, Phoenix, Dallas, Vancouver, Columbus, Nashville, Detroit, Minnesota, Winnipeg, Montreal, Carolina

Then you've got teams like the Rangers who have goalies they're going to lock up.

Then you've got teams like Toronto and Ottawa and Washington who have impressive young goalies.

When you go hunting for places for Schneider to land, there just aren't very many likely destinations, especially if he wants to stay East.  Philadelphia?  They actually do have a lot of money coming free on their cap, but I bet they end up with Ryan Miller.  Pittsburgh?  That's an awful lot of money to invest in the top of your roster.

I think Schneider will end up with a comparable contract to Crawford - I doubt it's substantially more or less.  If it's substantially more it's because he's done what's expected of him here.

Less than 2 weeks until training camp, its hard to believe brunner wont be signed somewhere this year. Capgeek says we're 3.8 under the cap, idk if lou is willing sign him anymore and have no wiggle room with the cap.

Lou recently said that we are done barring something unforeseen (trade, injury, etc.).  Therefore, I doubt they will make any offer to Brunner.  Can't believe nobody picked him up. 

It's incredibly unlikely that the Devils deal Schneider.  As for Schneider getting more than Crawford, remember - the goalie market is an odd place.  Here are the teams with a goalie signed for starter money for at least the next 3 years:

Boston, Chicago, LA, Phoenix, Dallas, Vancouver, Columbus, Nashville, Detroit, Minnesota, Winnipeg, Montreal, Carolina

Then you've got teams like the Rangers who have goalies they're going to lock up.

Then you've got teams like Toronto and Ottawa and Washington who have impressive young goalies.

When you go hunting for places for Schneider to land, there just aren't very many likely destinations, especially if he wants to stay East.  Philadelphia?  They actually do have a lot of money coming free on their cap, but I bet they end up with Ryan Miller.  Pittsburgh?  That's an awful lot of money to invest in the top of your roster.

I think Schneider will end up with a comparable contract to Crawford - I doubt it's substantially more or less.  If it's substantially more it's because he's done what's expected of him here.

I would include Buffalo as a potential landing spot as well. 

I see Schneider getting more of premium from the Devils based on what the Devils had to give up to get him.  What the exact number is, depends on what you mean by "substantially more".  If I had to guess, if the Devils make the playoffs, he has a save percentage of better than .925 and a GAA of 2.05 or less, he'll get an AAV of $7.5 million. 

And I think there is a better chance he gets dealt if there's no extension by the middle of next summer.  The new CBA being what it is, and the Devils being out of the woods financially speaking, he can't expect to get more money from another team, or at least not significantly more, to make it worth his while to take a chance of going another year without an extension.  If he goes that route, it's a pretty clear sign that he wants to play somewhere else.  I think Lou is done losing top players that could otherwise get you a good return for nothing.