Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
socbrian

Rumors and Twitterverse:: Devils interested in Michael Ryder

19 posts in this topic

I havn't seen much talk about him but he could be a possible cheap Wing

He had a great year 11-12 in dallas but a drop of last year. Started to pick up once traded to MTL but I think he could fit well into our system and play well with a zubbie.

Thoughts?

I've always had the impression that he's a real soft player. I don't think he'd fare well in our system.

I'm not a huge fan of Ryder, but Ryder will shoot it when he gets openings and the Devils could benefit from a guy like that.

I look at him as a secondary target. If something else fails, go for him. I'm not against the idea though. It would depend what else was done.

From the sounds of it, Lou is going to be aggressively pursuing offense this year, so we won't have to do much settling for players like this.

I'm not a huge fan of Ryder, but Ryder will shoot it when he gets openings and the Devils could benefit from a guy like that.

This is my thought. Hes got a tight wrist shot and likes to let it rip 

From the sounds of it, Lou is going to be aggressively pursuing offense this year, so we won't have to do much settling for players like this.

Hes been a pretty good offensive player over his career. Look up his stats, hes done pretty good and he could come cheap.

He is a shooter but he is a bit of a slow skater and not a great puck handler. Doesn't really play physical either.

He is a shooter but he is a bit of a slow skater and not a great puck handler. Doesn't really play physical either.

Sounds a lot like a guy we had a couple years ago. Wouldn't mind a slightly younger Sykora, assuming the price is right. I'd probably do something near what he's getting now, maybe another 2/$7M like the one he's on now or even as high as 3/$12M, anything between that would be acceptable to me.

He did put up 35 goals two years ago and still had 35 points this year in 46 games. A guy who can put up 20-30 goals, and 50-60 points would be great in our top 6. Question is, are we getting the Ryder of the last two years or the one who struggled to top 40 points in his last two years with Boston?

Edited by ATLL765

Ryder can be great or awful. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Devils uniform for a year or two to see how he does then probably sign him for a lil extension.

I like him but I'm scared about the term and money. But good things seem to happen to teams he play for...

We need a signing like Ryder, good going Lou... Let's hope for the best.

So.. This guy is likely to be a ~$4M a year kinda signing? How would our cap situation look after we add something like that? Can we add more offense or would that likely be it?

So.. This guy is likely to be a ~$4M a year kinda signing? How would our cap situation look after we add something like that? Can we add more offense or would that likely be it?

We got basically one more signing's worth of cap space. After that, unless the next signing is a very small one, we'll be tight on space. Assuming that Henrique and JJ get signed that is. We have almost exactly $8M in space right now, so if we can get Ryder at $3.5-4.25, that probably leaves us enough to sign JJ and Henrique and have a wee bit of space left.

id want him just because of the glove save he did against MTL in the playoffs on plekanec. That was legendary lol

Edited by SterioDesign

We got basically one more signing's worth of cap space. After that, unless the next signing is a very small one, we'll be tight on space. Assuming thWhat abouenrique and JJ get signed that is. We have almost exactly $8M in space right now, so if we can get Ryder at $3.5-4.25, that probably leaves us enough to sign JJ and Henrique and have a wee bit of space left.

About about Olesz. I have not seen any numbers on that yet

About about Olesz. I have not seen any numbers on that yet

I just assumed it was for peanuts and it is. So now it's $7M in space. Doesn't effect much. We could still spend more than $7M now and try to wiggle out of the cap crunch by October. Maybe trade a D??? Please! lol.