Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ghdi

Hedberg waived. Will be bought out presumably.

50 posts in this topic

That doesn't indicate that he will be bought out - he might just be on regular waivers

McKenzie tweeted presumably. Unconditional Waivers. Fixed title though.

:3soow:  Moose down, moose down! Thanks for being the good soldier Moose.

Thank you Moose. A class act in every respect. If he wants to play this year, I hope he can find a situation suitable for him and his family.

I think his career is over.

@TGfireandice Lamoriello also said Hedberg is type of person he'd like to have back in organization in some capacity after his playing days are over.

Im all for that.

Edited by ghdi

NJ got 2 more good years out of him than I thought possible.  Best of luck to him, but I think he'll have trouble finding a one-way contract.

pretty much the inevitable here

thanks for being the sound backup we were hoping for, especially in our run to the cup two years ago

I hope Philly picks him up, for him and his family's sake... Thanks for everything Moose :(

Compliance buy out coming. If he doesn't sign with anyone, he's getting an alumin gig ASAP.

I hope Moose retires and takes a front office job with us.  He can definitely be a "character mentor" for our younger lads.  He's 40 and should consider kicking back and coaching/managing/consulting with us.

Sucks because I imagine some teams will have interest, just not willing to trade pieces.

I could see him being Conte's Swedish scout/assistant... He could live here with his family of course, but travel every once in a while to the homeland, and be involved with the organization still. All indications are he was a totally respected guy in the locker room. We have a lot of Swedish kids in the system and as a team that values relationships, it'd be a nice move if he were still involved around the organization. Gonna miss the Moose!

Moose rules. Shame he's the odd man out here but hopefully he doesn't take it too hard and finds happiness either playing for someone else or in the Devils organization. I only met him one time but he seemed like a very nice person and he is a true professional with his work ethic and class. Will miss the Moose calls.  :moose:

There's been a false misconception around this forum that Moose was horrible last season. He had a bad stretch toward the end when his team decided not to play D in front of him. Sure, that gets magnified over a shortened season, but lets not forget how stellar he was early in the season. The Devils asked a lot of him. Good luck Moose, hope you come back in a front office role.

Mad appreciation Moose, mad appreciation. You're done though.

Hope uncle Lou finds a spot for him in the organization.

Just a great guy.

i definitely appreciate Hedberg being a solid backup, but why is everyone so set to want him in the organization??

Hedberg has played three seasons for us as a backup...

i definitely appreciate Hedberg being a solid backup, but why is everyone so set to want him in the organization??

Hedberg has played three seasons for us as a backup...

Because everyone in the organization who knows him well has nothing but great things to say about him. TG said that he has never worked with a more classy, professional player. Lou himself said that he would like to keep Hedberg in the organization. Moose has family in New Jersey and has stated in the past that he doesn't want to have to move his family again. It all makes sense, it just depends on whether Hedberg wants to keep playing and another team offers him a deal he likes.