SterioDesign

Your thought on today / about the team so far ?

335 posts in this topic

like a bunch of little girls in here Jesus Christ.. place is starting to sound like hockeys future board over here..

I'm asking for it by going into this further, but I think everyone knows this is what Get Real does. I don't know what I did to get in his crosshairs after all this time, but I'll give him credit that he really does know how to push peoples' buttons. I don't really get the motivation, the same way I don't know what drives fake twitter insiders. Maybe he just wants attention. Who knows?

The ignore function doesn't work particularly well, so I'll do what the Devils did against the Flyers in 2012.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm asking for it by going into this further, but I think everyone knows this is what Get Real does. I don't know what I did to get in his crosshairs after all this time, but I'll give him credit that he really does know how to push peoples' buttons. I don't really get the motivation, the same way I don't know what drives fake twitter insiders. Maybe he just wants attention. Who knows?The ignore function doesn't work particularly well, so I'll do what the Devils did against the Flyers in 2012. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Love they analogy used at the end of your post

this thread is turning into "Crossfire"!  This (Henrique) situation could  be similar what Subban was pushing for last year. (long term-mucho dinero) settling for bridge contract. In hindsight, Habs may have been better off taking it.  Now, Subban clearly in the drivers seat w/ Norris in hand.  Has the Habs by the cujones for sure. Henrique is no where near Subban's talent level, but agents' are always smarter than GM's, right?  I'll bet $$$ has been agreed upon, but length?  ...............nah maybe it's the snag?

Joonas, you mind changing your signature?

Haha, you are the second person in one day to say that!

I will change it, but... I still like Kovy  :(

Any thoughts on possible camp invites? I wouldn't mind Peter Mueller being given an invite. Worth the risk that he finds his game.

Any thoughts on possible camp invites? I wouldn't mind Peter Mueller being given an invite. Worth the risk that he finds his game.

Lou said there wouldn't be any. 

I knew the Devils had a rough schedule seeing how we have to play 22 back to backs, but this situation leaves a bad taste in my mouth (disclaimer: I know I'm being a baby)

Nov. 2 vs. Philly

Nov. 3 @ Minnesota

Games against the Flyers tend to be high energy/spirited games. The league knows that, the players know that, we know that. Having to travel halfway across the country to play a game that will surely be emotional for most of the players will be rough. Although, I suppose that could work in our favor.

Scenarios like this is the price you pay for getting additional weekend home games

We have a good record in back to back games, or at least that's how it seems to me.

I'm more worried about the longer layovers that are going to happen sometimes between games. More back-to-back games means things will be much more spread out and we might go 4-5 nights without a game, not thrilled about that, we're never good with time off.

I knew the Devils had a rough schedule seeing how we have to play 22 back to backs, but this situation leaves a bad taste in my mouth (disclaimer: I know I'm being a baby)

Nov. 2 vs. Philly

Nov. 3 @ Minnesota

Games against the Flyers tend to be high energy/spirited games. The league knows that, the players know that, we know that. Having to travel halfway across the country to play a game that will surely be emotional for most of the players will be rough. Although, I suppose that could work in our favor.

Scenarios like this is the price you pay for getting additional weekend home games

I think that's where Schneider will really show his worth. He has that ability to steal a game here and there. Marty hasn't been able to do it quite as often as he once did, and neither could Moose. Schneider should definitely steal a few points in situations like that Minnesota one.

I think that's where Schneider will really show his worth. He has that ability to steal a game here and there. Marty hasn't been able to do it quite as often as he once did, and neither could Moose. Schneider should definitely steal a few points in situations like that Minnesota one.

This is a good point. I just hope there isn't a consistent letdown if Schneider plays the majority of back to backs. Remember, there's an extension needed in 2015

That is so true about Brodeur and Hedberg they didn't steal a game last season. I don't expect Marty to do any better this season in that area. Schneider has to play for the Devils to benefit and not just back to back games. Marty has to accept a lesser role, Lou and Pete have to accept this as well and hole the line.

This is a good point. I just hope there isn't a consistent letdown if Schneider plays the majority of back to backs. Remember, there's an extension needed in 2015

I hope not as well. If he continues to build on what he did in Vancouver, he can really be a team changer. Man, I am really hoping they toss a contract at him July 1, 2014.... I just want it done before the 2014-15 season starts.

That is so true about Brodeur and Hedberg they didn't steal a game last season. I don't expect Marty to do any better this season in that area. Schneider has to play for the Devils to benefit and not just back to back games. Marty has to accept a lesser role, Lou and Pete have to accept this as well and hole the line.

I agree. I'm pretty sure they will go into the season with Marty as the starter, but if no one gets hurt and both goalies play like they have the last few seasons, I can't see how Schneider isn't starting more games by January. If they let Schneider earn it, it will be best for everyone. The future is very, very soon, and there's no excuses anymore.

Wasn't sure where to post this but I just read that Clowe is taking #29. Fayne going back to #34. Also Ryder is taking #17.

Wasn't sure where to post this but I just read that Clowe is taking #29. Fayne going back to #34. Also Ryder is taking #17.

Was this from that Twitter post? Very cool to get a new name on 17.

Where did you read this?

fayne getting 34 hasn't been published. currently, 7, 9, 12, 15, 16, and 23 are available under the lou rules  but 34 is viable and fayne has worn it before.

16 is likely going back to josefson (unless he keeps 9 but i'm not betting on that).

i could see them giving fayne 7 unless they're grooming it for merill. that's doubtful though - i'd bet fayne gets 7 and merill, should he make the team, gets 34.

elias(26)-zajac(19)-ryder(17)

clowe(29)-loktionov(21)-jagr(68)

henrique(14)-josefson(16)-zubrus(8)

olesz(25)-carter(20)-bernier(18)

gionta(11)/barch(22)

greene(6)-larsson(5)

salvador(24)-zidlicky(2)

volchenkov(28)-fayne(7)

harrold(10)

merill (34)

tedenby (15)

boucher (9)