Tallinder traded to Buffalo.

SterioDesign

It had to be Tallinder, no GM in his right mind would take on Volchenkov at 4.25M for the next 3 years when he is slowing down when the game is speeding up. And of course Salvador is the captain, and trading Fayne would barely be a cap dump and stupid because he is one of the few guys on the right side of 30 with Larsson.

Edited by Mayday

Like that it means giving someone an opportunity, but Tallinder was (and still is) an excellent defenseman.

Easy there tiger.  Tallinder is a competent to good NHL defenseman.  Duncan Keith and Ryan McDonough are "excellent defenseman".  Semantics aside, we're basically in agreement. 

As people will notice with a lot of bad teams, and actually a lot of pretty good teams, a steady second pairing, or even third pairing defenseman, is not that easy to come by.  The Rangers made it to the second round of the playoffs, and could have used at least another one of those. 

interesting that Lou named Severson in the mix of the youngsters who might get a shot. Urbom, Merril, Gelinas, Severson. 

those are 4 prospects that we can at least be excited about. Not saying we have to overate them and pump their tires but the potential is there.

Edited by SterioDesign

Wow this is almost as big of a robbery for Buffalo as the Schneider trade was for the Devils.

Really surprised that they could not even get a pick for him. This sucks. I really like Tallinder and thought he was good for this team. He was so good in 2010-2011 during the hot streak.

Wow this is almost as big of a robbery for Buffalo as the Schneider trade was for the Devils.

Really surprised that they could not even get a pick for him. This sucks. I really like Tallinder and thought he was good for this team. He was so good in 2010-2011 during the hot streak.

they needed to take a contract back thats why they couldnt get a pick

Ok, I really don't know what the fvck people wanted Lou to do, no one is taking Salvador or Volchenkov with the years and money they have left, its a fvcking pipe dream. I swear, people will bitch and moan about anything. This was EXPECTED, and not at all surprising. Best of luck in Buffalo Hank.

Edited by MadDog2020

Ok, I really don't know what the fvck people wanted Lou to do, no one is taking Salvador or Volchenkov with the years and money they have left, its a fvcking pipe dream. I swear, people will bitch and moan about anything. This was EXPECTED, and not at all surprising. Best of luck in Buffalo Hank.

Lou's done well this off season, the only thing left I'd like him to do is buy out Volch (since nobody wants him)